Wicklow Gig no Morrissey

cossy

irish blood dublin heart
The rumoured second gig in Ireland is not happening. Morrissey was offered to play the concert but turned it down. This is coming from an official source.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

cossy

Yes, thought this was the case when Jim Carroll took the update off his blog. He's keeping spectacularly quiet on the matter. I had a strong feeling that this may have been an attempt to raise the profile of the new event, especially with the ambiguous use of the Moz M logo in the Irish Times ad. Carroll may have egg on his face........

The rumoured second gig in Ireland is not happening. Morrissey was offered to play the concert but turned it down. This is coming from an official source.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

cossy

Thanks for sorting this one out Cossy.
Looks like the wedding is on the back burner again (I'm sure she will understand) :D

I dont believe this .I was really looking forward to seeing Morrissey live for the first time.It would have been a nightmare getting there from Dublin but it would have been worth it just to see him playing in such beautiful surroundings. I looked up some pictures of the place on the net and it really took my breath away. Of course there is no point making all that effort and paying all that money for the few mediocre bands they will have. Without Morrissey there all the excitment is gone.I think it has upset more than it should because God only knows when he will play Dublin again and I'm emigrating soon and with one thing and the other. This seemed like my only opportunity to see him live.*sigh*

I dont believe this .I was really looking forward to seeing Morrissey live for the first time.It would have been a nightmare getting there from Dublin but it would have been worth it just to see him playing in such beautiful surroundings. I looked up some pictures of the place on the net and it really took my breath away. Of course there is no point making all that effort and paying all that money for the few mediocre bands they will have. Without Morrissey there all the excitment is gone.I think it has upset more than it should because God only knows when he will play Dublin again and I'm emigrating soon and with one thing and the other. This seemed like my only opportunity to see him live.*sigh*

That's very disapointing for you.
Not sure where you are emigrating to but once it's not Canada or the far east you're in with a good chance of catching him live after his new album comes out.
Keep the chin up.

Or else just buy a ticket for the Cork concert and all your problems will be solved.

Last edited:
haha not quite that far..I was contemplating Cork and then when I heard about Wicklow it seemed like my luck was in.

I just read that this place is a hunting lodge so am not surprized that he is not playing.

He was lined up for the gig genuinely but the deadline to commit came and went. It will have to be Cork guys.

cossy

I just know if I book this he will end up doing a gig in Dublin a day later or something..everything is so unpredictable.

Cork is a banker. I honestly can't understand why everyone has been wetting their pants over the other gig which isn't happening. Surely any concert away from Dublin is great news being as he's been nowhere but there over the last few years.

Well some of us didn't know he existed then unfortunately

Well now you do you can take a two or three hour journey to see him.

I've been going to Morrissey concerts since '90 and this is the first time he's played within two hours of my house - and I've lived in five different cities since then!

I'm a terrible traveller..

I know the Irish roads are bad but it really is no excuse. It takes you no more than four hours in Ireland to get from one side of the country to the other. How bad a traveller can you be?

Get your arse down to Cork and stop moaning about it being more than five minutes from your house.

You are very bossy.
Actually I am a terrible traveller.I'm not just saying it. I cant stay on a bus for more than two hours without feeling sick. But I suppose if I've emigrated by then I can just get a flight straight into Cork airport.
Anyway I will have to see what way the land lies over the next week.
Sorry if I came across as moaning. Didn't mean to.

Are you sure this gig is not happening? I'm hearing from sources in Dublin and LA that it's just some confusion over billing and fees and that the gig is happening.

Cork is a banker. I honestly can't understand why everyone has been wetting their pants over the other gig which isn't happening. Surely any concert away from Dublin is great news being as he's been nowhere but there over the last few years.

I went to see him in Killarney in 2006.............

Back
Top Bottom