Why The Static Setlist?

why?

Kris Pooley look like cute and honest .

this theory seems true

Have you thought that maybe Morrissey goes out night after night and thinks "Why the static front row"?

Maybe he's bored with you and thinks the same setlist might put you off so he can see some fresh faces

why?
here are some reasons:

1. Morrissey is gettting older and playing the same set is easier for him.
2. The band he is playing with either needs more practice together or is not good enough to play a bunch of different songs.
3. He is really trying to push the new album by playing songs from it a lot.

4. Its not really a "static setlist" you just think that. :crazy:
&
5. well, i dont really have #5 yet but give me time :thumb:

Haha they are spoiled! I recall in '97 ...

If only the more recent fans knew what it was like to attend shows in the early '90's. You would be lucky if Morrissey played one hour for you! (I think 45 minutes was more like it.)

MrShoes

If only the more recent fans knew what it was like to attend shows in the early '90's. You would be lucky if Morrissey played one hour for you! (I think 45 minutes was more like it.)

MrShoes

yup. I always think about that. It never bothered me.

Maybe people complained back then too, there simply was no internet to post about it.

Haha they are spoiled! I recall in '97 that not only was it the same setlist every night, but it was also about 6 to 8 songs less than the now usual 20 or so song set.One to two Smiths songs, and 'Ambitious Outsiders" given a play every night.
The only night there was any surprise was when 'The Queen is dead' was played for the one and only time out in California.

This in no way means I condone this current setlist, I am not really that big a fan of it, but static setlists are nothing new.

I was at the Thanksgiving Eve show in NYC in 97. I think I saw the same show you did.

He plays what he wants. Give it time and the setlist will sprung different and hopefully not so obvius choice of songs.

I watched an interview with Peter Hook the other day, he mentioned that fans would always complain about New Order playing the same set. His response was "well, you're not supposed to follow us round!" or something like that.

i watched an interview with peter hook the other day, he mentioned that fans would always complain about new order playing the same set. His response was "well, you're not supposed to follow us round!" or something like that.

exactly !

I was at the Thanksgiving Eve show in NYC in 97. I think I saw the same show you did.

Yes, I was there.The night he had a fit with security about over zealous security, he tossed his mic down during 'shoplifters" and then the house music came on and they returned for a second encore, playing 'Satan rejected my soul'.
Even with the second encore , I think it was still only a 13 or 14 song setlist.

First time i saw The Smiths ,think it was a 9 song setlist

Re: hmmmm

I wouldn't be surprised if it has a lot to do with Kris Pooley not knowing how to play many songs, let alone play them well.

i posted a complete list of all songs pooley has played. It is around 45 different songs now that Carol has been added.

i watched him quite a bit at Foxwoods and he didn't have any gaffs besides the fact that his mic wasn't up loud enough for the whistling during Keep Mine Hidden.

He plays keys, accordion, acoustic guitar, tambourine.. they can always find something for him to do on these songs. We aren't talking about advanced prog rock here. We're talking about a lot simple songs with barre chords and fairly standard progressions.

Yes, I was there.The night he had a fit with security about over zealous security, he tossed his mic down during 'shoplifters" and then the house music came on and they returned for a second encore, playing 'Satan rejected my soul'.
Even with the second encore , I think it was still only a 13 or 14 song setlist.

I have that show if you want a copy.

he doesn't really do much now that the Ringleader songs are pretty much extinct from the setlist..Prior to the Quarry tour the band was a five piece anyways..

Tags
selection set setlist song
Back
Top Bottom