Why now is the most exciting time to be a Moz fan since 2002...

Maurice E

It's the promise of new, unreleased songs, stupid!
For the first time since the 2002 'Gong' tour, and for only one of the very few times in his entire 19-year solo career, it looks like Moz is going to preview some unreleased/unrecorded songs on this new tour. We know of one already; how many more will there be?
Back in 1999, Moz had some new songs up his sleeve but didn't want to play them live because he was without a deal and didn't want the new songs to influence record company decisions (he said as much in a radio interview with Sean Hughes).
But now, following the Quarry and ROTT success, he has the confidence to know that he can get a deal quite easily and is therefore likely to be keen to sing some new stuff. The news that Alain Whyte is back (or rather still) in the songwriting frame only adds to the excitement...
Bring on Friday night!

It's the promise of new, unreleased songs, stupid!
For the first time since the 2002 'Gong' tour, and for only one of the very few times in his entire 19-year solo career, it looks like Moz is going to preview some unreleased/unrecorded songs on this new tour. We know of one already; how many more will there be?
Back in 1999, Moz had some new songs up his sleeve but didn't want to play them live because he was without a deal and didn't want the new songs to influence record company decisions (he said as much in a radio interview with Sean Hughes).
But now, following the Quarry and ROTT success, he has the confidence to know that he can get a deal quite easily and is therefore likely to be keen to sing some new stuff. The news that Alain Whyte is back (or rather still) in the songwriting frame only adds to the excitement...
Bring on Friday night!

eh, I rather hear older stuff to tell you the truth. there's nothing like hearing a song live for the first time that you've known all the words to for yearzzz...

just for an example. i can barely even listen to How Soon is Now anymore...for the obvious reasons. but still, if I heard it live, I'd probably cream my pants. know what im sayin???

Back
Top Bottom