Why Morrissey is dead to me

So here’s my entry into the "Prove Morrissey likes them girlies" competition:

Didn’t Kristeen Young and Morrissey have a thing or are having a thing?

Kristeen Young's most recent album was dedicated “to Morrissey.”
Some random lyrics from the album are (which very obviously are about
him or for him:

Now, it seems, you’re someone
who’s like me…my someone.
I can’t believe, all along,
you were out there.

Knocks upon my knees,
you’re the only one for me.
Smack marks on my mouth,
I can’t help but shout
YOU MUST LOVE ME.

He implies. He refrains.
He plays kiss-SLAP with a phrase.
His small talk’s a Work of Art.
Those Brit boys love their discourse.
Me? I just want to scream, “OH, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!!”

I’m in love with an Irish boy whose penetrating eyes pierce my chest and steal my breath.

The place…
it socked my square jaw face…
my toe had dipped to rate
and you grabbed me, in up to my waist.
Contrary to unpopular opinion, the water was welcoming warm,
and we slid easily,
wrapped up and reaching, reaching…
halfway across the Atlantic Ocean.

Also, in a recent radio show in L.A. – she said that they currently have an email relationship.
When asked if he calls him “Mr. Morrissey” , she said no and that “it was much more personal than that.”

And didn’t Morrissey write about Kristeen Young:

So deep do the rhymes strike that I already feel I owe Kristeen Young something, which is the best feeling a singer can surely give us. Beneath the water-plant hairstyle (hers, not mine) is a face made to be peered at till the end of time. The eye-crossing drabness of flicking through music magazines could be undone in a flash by Kristeen Young. Please, lower yourself in.And that her heart is big enough to trot horses on.

And that photo where his head was between her thighs from the same Guardian interview – was all his idea.

And when one of his shows was cancelled – he went to see her (and this was after she left the tour).

Go on son....

So here’s my entry into the "Prove Morrissey likes them girlies" competition:

Didn’t Kristeen Young and Morrissey have a thing or are having a thing?

Kristeen Young's most recent album was dedicated “to Morrissey.”
Some random lyrics from the album are (which very obviously are about
him or for him:

Now, it seems, you’re someone
who’s like me…my someone.
I can’t believe, all along,
you were out there.

Knocks upon my knees,
you’re the only one for me.
Smack marks on my mouth,
I can’t help but shout
YOU MUST LOVE ME.

He implies. He refrains.
He plays kiss-SLAP with a phrase.
His small talk’s a Work of Art.
Those Brit boys love their discourse.
Me? I just want to scream, “OH, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!!”

I’m in love with an Irish boy whose penetrating eyes pierce my chest and steal my breath.

The place…
it socked my square jaw face…
my toe had dipped to rate
and you grabbed me, in up to my waist.
Contrary to unpopular opinion, the water was welcoming warm,
and we slid easily,
wrapped up and reaching, reaching…
halfway across the Atlantic Ocean.

Also, in a recent radio show in L.A. – she said that they currently have an email relationship.
When asked if he calls him “Mr. Morrissey” , she said no and that “it was much more personal than that.”

And didn’t Morrissey write about Kristeen Young:

So deep do the rhymes strike that I already feel I owe Kristeen Young something, which is the best feeling a singer can surely give us. Beneath the water-plant hairstyle (hers, not mine) is a face made to be peered at till the end of time. The eye-crossing drabness of flicking through music magazines could be undone in a flash by Kristeen Young. Please, lower yourself in.And that her heart is big enough to trot horses on.

And that photo where his head was between her thighs from the same Guardian interview – was all his idea.

And when one of his shows was cancelled – he went to see her (and this was after she left the tour).

Go on son....

I read that and thought "Kristin Hersch? And Morrissey?"

Then I looked again.

P.

I can't believe I started another Morrissey sexuality debate...oh well..... :D

Wow, BriMack8, what a way to introduce yourself to the forum!

You provided a compelling argument, but really in the end, what difference does it make?

Is first prize a trip to Jersey? If so, I may graciously donate an all expense paid trip to New Jersey as booby prize.

Last edited:
Maybe Kristeen Young wasn't joking after all when she said that Morrissey had given her cunnilingus backstage? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well BriBri this is all rather convincing. And it would bother me if it were true because, as I see nothing wrong with Krikri so far (except her songs, but that's not her fault), that would bring us dangerously close to Jersey and bankruptcy.

However, I'm convinced she's too good for him, as he asked her to leave: and that sort of crass behaviour makes him so unshaggable, it's rather hard to believe she did. I'm sure she's much more classy than that.

Therefore this entry is pending a detailed confirmation from Kristeen Young. I'm sure she'll spare the time.

(because obviously Morrissey would never admit anything :rolleyes:)

(BTW Is she...happier with horses? :eek:)

Last edited:
and on it goes.The girlies want him straight,the blokes want him straight and the fags want him gay.Lah de dah de dah...

And the doggies just want him to be honest (and stop acting like a psychopath - if possible.) :)

Get a life, Julie. :rolleyes:

generally I don't care about this discussion but some of you people are delusional. And that's fine, but when you take a person like Morrissey, who is not, as Billy says, being claimed by the "fags" and that's a nice word to use in this context...

Anyway, when you take a person like Morrissey who has developed a sort of "non-denial denial" when questioned face to face on the topic of his sexuality, but who is quite explicit in his many lyrics about homosexual longing and then say "well, we don't know do we?" then you're saying that you don't want to know. Which is actually OKAY.

No, it's not about claiming him and I'd never try to prove he's anything especially on a board that was once created in honor of him, but need to make him straight is offensive.

Billy is right that "blokes" want him to be straight because they have an easier time being a fan. That's sad. They can't think that they spend time collecting music made by a "fag", right? So let's get out some letter from 1934 where he says he had a girlfriend.

You know all that "I can't find love because I'm a unique unicorn-butterfly hybrid from the 6th dimension" ...stuff... is all really nice and I think it's a nice story for some of you but to actually quote it and treat it like evidence... it's like using the Bible to prove God exists.

Someone corrected me above and they were correct. What Morrissey actually says about sexuality, that it's all about the same need, that's true in a sense, but I was reacting more to the way that is used to make the point that he might as easily be attracted to a woman as a man. That's really not what he said. Yes blah blah blah bisexual, as easily a man as a woman, etc whatever... but no.

Someone above needs a reply too, about the idea that Morrissey "has a lot of gay fans" so they try to "make him gay". Why would Morrissey have gay fans? It couldn't be the lyrics and the images could it?

Billy is right that most people want him to be what they are comfortable with. However, I think most gay people are comfortable with someone being straight. Unless of course they are in love with someone that is "straight" and make a career of writing songs about it.

I read that and thought "Kristin Hersch? And Morrissey?"

Then I looked again.

P.

Admittedly, I was skimming BriMack8's post (a bit tl;dr before my second cup of tea of the morning), but I read "Irish" and "horses" and imagined KY in love with Father Dougal in the Eurovision ep of Father Ted.

:lbf: Hey, I feel your pain. Before internet days, I thought all Morrissey fans would be intelligent, sensitive, and charming to me (as they should be). How wrong I was...:tears:

You've got everyone on here figure out Marred. Haven't you? :cool:

no, just you and it wasn't difficult.

Why you and your BLOGGING friends are dead to me!

Why you and your BLOGGING friends are dead to me!

:lbf:

I know we've larked about on this thread, but you bring us back nicely into focus onto what over-dramatic nonsense it is to say someone is "dead to me" because their public statements don't tick the boxes on your wish fulfillment list.

Last edited:
no, just you and it wasn't difficult.

Really? :) Then you know today I've pulled a sickie just to spend the day reading who you think I actually am?

I'm sure you're dying to tell me. :)

...I'm unintelligent, insensitive and not charming, but surely I've got even better personality traits? (If you run out of ideas we could ask Morrissey to contribute! :bow:)
I'll start: incredibly annoying, frankly disgusting.:guitar:

Tags
crap article david cameron johnny marr morrissey
Back
Top Bottom