Why Morrissey and The Never Played Symphonies will never leave squash player James Willstrop's iPod

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Via 'Morrissey Official', 7th June, 2017:

*NB- this is an old article being reproduced on the 'official' page for whatever reason.
[Edit: and has been discussed here before].

Telegraph article originally published July, 2012:

Why Morrissey and The Never Played Symphonies will never leave squash player James Willstrop's iPod.

Excerpt:
"James Willstrop, Britain's world squash No 1, spends so much time away from home that music plays a key part in his daily life. In an extract from his book on a "brutal" year on tour, the Yorkshireman reveals why Morrissey will forever hold a place on his ipod and why a B-side rates above the rest."

Written by James Willstrop himself.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...eave-squash-player-James-Willstrops-iPod.html

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Via 'Morrissey Official':

Telegraph article:
Why Morrissey and The Never Played Symphonies will never leave squash player James Willstrop's iPod

Excerpt:
"James Willstrop, Britain's world squash No 1, spends so much time away from home that music plays a key part in his daily life. In an extract from his book on a "brutal" year on tour, the Yorkshireman reveals why Morrissey will forever hold a place on his ipod and why a B-side rates above the rest."

Written by James Willstrop himself.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...eave-squash-player-James-Willstrops-iPod.html

Regards,
FWD.

Not surprising because I always thought 'The Never Played..' was about a squash player on their deathbed longing for just one more game of squash. I could be wrong.

its one of my favorite morrissey songs of all times, because its so completely introspective. i like how willstrop interacts with the song in order to feel closer to his dead mother, and if this is just a mental exercise, it nevertheless is of course comforting for someone who has noone to talk to about the loss, as family and friends, and oneself too, often fail in such moments of sudden profundity that ask for an honest emotional unision with those truly affected which for most, of course, is hard to endure anyway. i also like that this deathbed song is a completely unimpeded flow of thoughts, which, i fear, most dying people are not allowed to have
Your methodical analysis belies a kindness in you - that most people never even begin to trouble themselves with. Your innate sensitivity repeatedly shown through your words

its one of my favorite morrissey songs of all times, because its so completely introspective. i like how willstrop interacts with the song in order to feel closer to his dead mother, and if this is just a mental exercise, it nevertheless is of course comforting for someone who has noone to talk to about the loss, as family and friends, and oneself too, often fail in such moments of sudden profundity that ask for an honest emotional unision with those truly affected which for most, of course, is hard to endure anyway. i also like that this deathbed song is a completely unimpeded flow of thoughts, which, i fear, most dying people are not allowed to have

It is indeed one of my all time favorite Moz songs too and you very well described why it is such a good song.
I agree completely with A scanty bit of thing! (See his post)
Cheers lanterns! :flowers:

' ...unimpeded flow of thoughts, which, i fear, most dying people are not allowed to have'

Like your post, but what do you mean by that last line?

I'm more interested in the woman in A SCANTY BIT OF THINGS THUMBNAIL.what a stunning shoulder she has.im an expert on womans shoulders in case anyones wondering.

I'm more interested in the woman in A SCANTY BIT OF THINGS THUMBNAIL.what a stunning shoulder she has.im an expert on womans shoulders in case anyones wondering.
That's my left Claudia Cardinale shoulder. I'm holding back, and have decided not to unveil my right shoulder until next week.

very sultry, although she was in a few films with dodgy titles,,21 carat snatch and a fine pair.
please scanty show us the right shoulder and I will send you a quid.
That's my left Claudia Cardinale shoulder. I'm holding back, and have decided not to unveil my right shoulder until next week.

FYI, it had been published in here on 28th May 2012:
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...rites-about-morrissey-in-his-new-book.121251/

I think Morrissey (or his crew) switched to facebook due to SEO issue.
Is the similar thread function temperamental? When I typed Willstrop yesterday - there was 1 result and not the link above, hence my comment about not being mentioned here at the time. Most odd. That said, it's still a 'new' post by 'Morrissey Official' and worthy of discussion - if only to question why post it now?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Is the similar thread function temperamental? When I typed Willstrop yesterday - there was 1 result and not the link above, hence my comment about not being mentioned here at the time. Most odd. That said, it's still a 'new' post by 'Morrissey Official' and worthy of discussion - if only to question why post it now?
Regards,
FWD.

I didn't mean to put you off, just replied to vegan.cro who posted it's worthy for a main page story.

You are absolutely right to report official facebook post here because mozcamp didn't know about it when the article was published in 2012.

I didn't mean to put you off, just replied to vegan.cro who posted it's worthy for a main page story.

You are absolutely right to report official facebook post here because mozcamp didn't know about it when the article was published in 2012.
Not put off at all. :)
Kind regards,
FWD.

Now I'm really craving some squash. Like a nice zucchini sauteed with butter and a little cracked pepper.

Now I'm really craving some squash. Like a nice zucchini sauteed with butter and a little cracked pepper.

I noticed you changed your avatar.
The previous one being text saying: Morrissey, shut up!
I always interpreted that as your hope it would get him a record deal and with the latest clues he could be recording in Rome, you are more or less assured there will be a new album released.
So now we can all be "forever blowing bubbles". :D

I noticed you changed your avatar.
The previous one being text saying: Morrissey, shut up!
I always interpreted that as your hope it would get him a record deal and with the latest clues he could be recording in Rome, you are more or less assured there will be a new album released.
So now we can all be "forever blowing bubbles". :D
Lucky Bubbles!

I changed it because I grew tired of the sentiment. I still hold it in my heart. It's like having a slightly out of touch relative. You hope that you can get through Christmas dinner without them saying anything too bad, but when they do, and Aunt Mildred chokes on her stuffing out of shock, you were at least half expecting it. I still hope that Morrissey can choose his words more carefully, and that the new material isn't too heavy-handed. Because "Trump-Shifters of the World" just doesn't have that same ring, y'know?

Back
Top Bottom