Why It's Time To Ditch Your Morrissey-Loving Friend - The Quietus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 4, 2019.

By Anonymous on Jul 4, 2019 at 10:17 AM
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2019
    • Troll x 8
    • Like x 4
    • Dislike x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Redundant x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Morrissey_Sucks
      Morrissey_Sucks
      I think Morrissey is beyond using a “dog whistle”. It is clear what he is doing and what he is.
      Morrissey_Sucks
      This message by Morrissey_Sucks has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
      • Troll Troll x 11
      • Like Like x 4
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    2. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      What a piece of junk.
      • Like Like x 13
      • Dislike Dislike x 4
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    3. Trill
      Trill
      Yep. Everything he says is right. Luckily, people who still support Morrissey don’t have friends. Even Morrissey has clearly dumped James Maker for being a Morrissey fan.
      Trill
      This message by Trill has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
      • Troll Troll x 11
      • Like Like x 4
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    4. ACTON
      ACTON
      The inside out world won't listen. Cool to be thick. Uncool to be smart. Crucified for having an opinion. Run with the fat herd towards the looming cliffs.
      • Like Like x 9
      • Insightful Insightful x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      Says person who junks everything they don't agree with. Hypocrite much?
      • Troll Troll x 8
      • Like Like x 4
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    6. rifke
      rifke
      I wish I weren't so fat. I would wear my Morrissey sweater everyday with pride. but alas, it doesn't fit at the mo :oops:
      • Funny Funny x 6
      • Like Like x 1
    7. rifke
      rifke
      if I were the only person in the world who liked morrissey I would not stop liking Morrissey. i would probably just love him more.
      • Like Like x 8
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    8. rifke
      rifke
      how many times does that asshole have to use the word 'retrospectively'?
      • Funny Funny x 5
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Who is James Maker?
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    10. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      LOL, YOU are the one abusing and threatening good users of Morrissey-solo with legal action for posting things YOU don't agree with. Sick and thick much??
      • Informative Informative x 8
      • Like Like x 3
    11. Pokey
      Pokey
      Maybe it's time you took the article's advice and just ditched Morrissey-solo
      • Insightful Insightful x 9
      • Like Like x 4
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    12. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      Yes, only a true hypocrite agrees with this article ánd wants to be associated with a Morrissey website on a daily basis.
      • Like Like x 4
      • Funny Funny x 2
    13. 001
      What a load of bollocks! Are people really that fickle?

I think that everyone here agrees that Salvador Dali was a phenomenal artist, regardless of his Hitler obsession and his praise for Franco signing death warrants for prisoners. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador_Dalí

If Dali was alive today and still painting, I'd still go to an exhibition of his. Just like those that go to his museums every year:

The three Dalí Museums received 1,444,853 visitors in 2017. This represents an increase of 5.56% compared to year 2016.
      https://www.salvador-dali.org/en/se...the-dali-museums-receive-1-4-million-visitors

David Stubbs would have us forget Dali. He'd "ditch" friends because they like Dali's work.

You are a fickle swine, Stubbs.
      • Like Like x 7
      • Informative Informative x 3
    14. Ketamine Sun
      • Like Like x 20
    15. Pokey
      Pokey
      As I've been saying, its got nothing to do with moral outrage over what Morrissey is saying. Half these people couldn't give a damn what he says. Its all just about the long-standing grudge against him by some here.
      • Like Like x 7
    16. Orson Swells
      Orson Swells
      The key here, I think, is the first line: "I was never besotted with Morrissey." Stubbs has never had any liking or feeling for the subject at all. He even misreads the Smiths at their height - never mind Morrissey's solo work.

Hence he castigates Morrissey at the end of the Smiths "as an (sic) blousey Northerner trying to bring the values of Alan Bennett into the arena of rock and pop." Which actually seems like a brilliant thing to do.

Funny how Stubbs trots out the "all reggae is vile" line which he has long admitted to being a joke. Then he criticises Girlfriend In A Coma seemingly without knowing it's based on Morrissey's favourite reggae song Young, Gifted and Black.

He also references the National Front Disco without mentioning it was inspired by the left-leaning editor of Granta Bill Buford's book.

Yes, he hated the Diana Ross output of the 80s, but loved the Supremes in the 60s, etc, etc. And so it goes on. All woolly logic and selective evidence. Like labelling theory in action.

Ironically, of course, the very idea that you should "ditch your friends" because of the art or artist they like is entirely fascistic.
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
      • Insightful Insightful x 9
      • Like Like x 8
      • Informative Informative x 2
    17. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun

Yes. For the sake of their readers, I think it’s time for the Quietus to stub out David Stubbs.

A hack job train wreck of an article with nothing
      new being said by Morrissey’s detractors.

:sleeping:

NEXT !

• Like Like x 7
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      NOT a reggae song. It seems you're every bit as dim witted as the writer you have castigated.
      Anonymous
      This message by Anonymous has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
      • Troll Troll x 11
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      The photo that accompanies this article - whether photoshopped or not - says everything you ever need to know about the modern Morrissey.
      • Troll Troll x 8
      • Like Like x 2