"Why it's great the Smiths broke up" by Mark Simpson - Rolling Stone

don't get me wrong, but hand on my heart, nothing special. this is 1991 and my choice will be, if we stick to the close genre, this:

So you can't hear any Smiths style guitar in this or is it the first time you have heard it?

So you can't hear any Smiths style guitar in this or is it the first time you have heard it?

Yes, of course we can, and there's a ton of brilliant Pet Shop Boys songs featuring Johnny on guitar: "Decadence, My October Symphony, Home and Dry, Did You See Me Coming?" - to name just a few. Even more recently, I love "New Town Velocity" and "The Trap" from his solo work. Seriously, I'm not some Johnny Marr expert - but before people piss on all his post-Smiths work ... how much of it do you even know?

Yes, of course we can, and there's a ton of brilliant Pet Shop Boys songs featuring Johnny on guitar: "Decadence, My October Symphony, Home and Dry, Did You See Me Coming?" - to name just a few. Even more recently, I love "New Town Velocity" and "The Trap" from his solo work. Seriously, I'm not some Johnny Marr expert - but before people piss on all his post-Smiths work ... how much of it do you even know?

Totally agree, some folks on here are so ignorant it's untrue. Bty, he released an excellent live album last year called Adrenalin Baby which includes, Headmaster, Bigmouth, There is a light and How Soon is now.

yes, this solo (start: cca 4 min 8 sec) on guitar is the best thing from JM post-smiths, even to this very moment

Mark Simpson refers to Morrissey as a ' vegan' during his time as 25% of 'The Smiths'. This is incorrect. Morrissey only reluctantly gave up eating Cheese a year or two ago because BrummieBoy exposed his delusional thinking with regards to Animal Liberation.

Simpson has venerated St Morrissey so it's unlikely he will ever face the truth, nor will most other 'fans' . Morrissey spent over 3 decades making a fool of himself before finally having to concede to BB.

Morrissey can borrow some butter from John Lydon's advert and use it as lube and shove 12" of 'Meat Is Murder" up his arse.

Cheese Bleeds

#VegAnarchyInTheUK

Best wishes

BrummieBoy
Jewellery Quarter
Birmingham
England

There's a lot of human pain and regret behind that split. Maybe a lot of wonderful songs that never happened. The only great things that can be spotted are wonderful memories of the past, which are good until they become idolization of the past, which is sickening. Morrissey has a future and the youngest is the most loved. It is still happening despite all the efforts to stick him in the past.
What's more saddening than the Smiths' split is what could've been if Ian Curtis didn't die.

yes, this solo (start: cca 4 min 8 sec) on guitar is the best thing from JM post-smiths, even to this very moment

I don't think that's the best of what he did post-Smiths by any means ... but, whatever, you seem to be anti-Marr for some reason. It's possible and honestly not that difficult to like Morrissey AND Marr post-Smiths.

Last edited:
thank you.
and I hope today Marr feel some shame for Prozac propaganda.

Sorry mate but you have no idea what you are talking about. Johnny had nothing to do with this, it was Bernard and he only ever wrote one song during the experiment and that song never made it onto the album.

Do some research before making slanderous comments about someone.

Sorry mate but you have no idea what you are talking about. Johnny had nothing to do with this, it was Bernard and he only ever wrote one song during the experiment and that song never made it onto the album.

Do some research before making slanderous comments about someone.
Take "Uncut" magazine in hand - April 1999. It is clear, Marr was on Prozac project also. And yes, BS wrote only one "good" song on Prozac, because Prozac is shit - so Prozac industry quietly run away from this fiasco.
But question is - why did Marr take money from Prozac industry?

Take "Uncut" magazine in hand - April 1999. It is clear, Marr was on Prozac project also. And yes, BS wrote only one "good" song on Prozac, because Prozac is shit - so Prozac industry quietly run away from this fiasco.
But question is - why did Marr take money from Prozac industry?

No, Bernard wrote a shit song on Prozac, as it was never recorded.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom