"Why it's great the Smiths broke up" by Mark Simpson - Rolling Stone

Yes, of course we can, and there's a ton of brilliant Pet Shop Boys songs featuring Johnny on guitar: "Decadence, My October Symphony, Home and Dry, Did You See Me Coming?" - to name just a few. Even more recently, I love "New Town Velocity" and "The Trap" from his solo work. Seriously, I'm not some Johnny Marr expert - but before people piss on all his post-Smiths work ... how much of it do you even know?

'Seriously, I'm not some Johnny Marr expert - but before people piss on all his post-Smiths work ... how much of it do you even know?'

or.... how much of it would anyone want to know? ;)

'Seriously, I'm not some Johnny Marr expert - but before people piss on all his post-Smiths work ... how much of it do you even know?'

or.... how much of it would anyone want to know? ;)

Totally up to you - if you're proud of being ignorant on the subject, cool ... I'm not on a mission to make you a fan. Granted, I've chosen to respond to some comments that I felt were borne out of some bizarre anti-Marr agenda ... but if anyone wants to ignore Johnny's music based on some misguided "loyalty" to Morrissey ... no worries.

In the mean time, I'll happily listen to Morrissey and Marr without any sense of conflict.

Last edited:
Totally up to you - if you're proud of being ignorant on the subject, cool ... I'm not on a mission to make you a fan. Granted, I've chosen to respond to some comments that I felt were borne out of some bizarre anti-Marr agenda ... but if anyone wants to ignore Johnny's music based on some misguided "loyalty" to Morrissey ... no worries.

In the mean time, I'll happily listen to Morrissey and Marr without any sense of conflict.

^:rolleyes:

you silly goose you!... must be deaf darling too ! You don't need to listen to all of his output to get where he's coming from and what he has to offer, you silly goose you! Has nothing to do with 'loyalty', lazy of you to think so. And so ...

Now that I've enlightened you, you'll never be able to listen to Marr the same way again, sorry. :cool:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom