Why is there so much hate for Years of refusal?

I quite liked Years. I liked it better overall than Ringleader. But there's no denying it had some weak tracks. Both Ringleader and Years would be in the bottom half of my favourite Moz albums though. I really did not like Visconti's production on Ringleader. I liked the cleaner sound to Quarry/Years. But much prefer the production on World Peace, so I'm happy with that progression.
Personally I love Skull, Mama, OK by myself. Sorry is one of my least favourite tracks of his career. Almost nothing screams "filler" more. But it's probably my least listened to Morrissey album after Kill Uncle now that I think about it.

I quite liked Years. I liked it better overall than Ringleader. But there's no denying it had some weak tracks. Both Ringleader and Years would be in the bottom half of my favourite Moz albums though. I really did not like Visconti's production on Ringleader. I liked the cleaner sound to Quarry/Years. But much prefer the production on World Peace, so I'm happy with that progression.
Personally I love Skull, Mama, OK by myself. Sorry is one of my least favourite tracks of his career. Almost nothing screams "filler" more. But it's probably my least listened to Morrissey album after Kill Uncle now that I think about it.

Ringleader is an immense album. YOR is too loud and clunky, hard to listen to.

Because I just know you wanted to know.

Best To Least

1. Vauxhall And I
2. Your Arsenal
3. You Are The Quarry
4. Bona Drag (I consider it an album)
5. World Peace
6. Years Of Refusal
7. Maladjusted
8. Southpaw Grammer
9. Viva Hate
10. Ringleader...
11. Kill Uncle

Agreed, though I think I'd place Viva a bit higher.

The drums were a highlight imo on years of refusal. They stand out a lot on that record especially on songs like mama and one day goodbye will be farewell. Carrol as well

Tags
years of refusal
Back
Top Bottom