Why is Morrissey treating his esophagus cancer if he has always wanted to die?

A

Anonymous

It makes no sense. I have a possible theory here: He has never had depression at all and he's made a ton of depressing lyrics so that you, depressed outcasts of the world, buy his depressing music. If you think about it commercially works for him. That's how he made his millions. Sorry for those who thought they weren't alone in the world.

Not wanting to be alive is not the same as wanting to die.

Even people with a death wish often find themselves fighting for their lives when the moment comes. We have a primitive impulse to survive.

I can't recall the exact conversation, but during the Larry King interview he referred to suicide as a brave act. I think he believes he is too cowardly to willingly end it all. The will to live supersedes the desire to die.

If you don't understand that you probably don't suffer from mental illnesses. What a blessed life to lead. Don't waste it being such a f***ing troll.

~K~

It makes no sense. I have a possible theory here: He has never had depression at all and he's made a ton of depressing lyrics so that you, depressed outcasts of the world, buy his depressing music. If you think about it commercially works for him. That's how he made his millions. Sorry for those who thought they weren't alone in the world.

Nothing suggest you are completely wrong and a forum debate online began when a psychologist told a friend that only people who cannot tolerate that everyone is fake needs counselling.

His theory was that people who are themselves fake make it in the world whereas those not coping with that end up in a analysts couch.

I believe those that end up with depression are sensitive to what goes on around them. They become sponges for emotions and emotions are of course flying around all the time. Take people in sports who deal with abuse every time they take part in a game and even during training.

Footballers don't have a brain to share between them cause if they did they wouldn't be able to play the game and cope with everything it comes with. Every advert for a top job describes a psychopath, a high achiever who leads others and is never tired.

No way would Moz have produced so much in his life had he in any way suffered but he turned all the other peoples suffering into art but was never one of them.

My depression in earlier life and suicide attempts came from a lack of vitamins and minerals and that makes the brain don't function very well, not that anyone here would suggest it works great now.

We have to accept or at least realise that the world is run by psychos with no empathy for anyone but themselves cause rarely do they care about their loved ones who are just bricks in a play they master.

Even people with a death wish often find themselves fighting for their lives when the moment comes. We have a primitive impulse to survive.

I can't recall the exact conversation, but during the Larry King interview he referred to suicide as a brave act. I think he believes he is too cowardly to willingly end it all. The will to live supersedes the desire to die.

If you don't understand that you probably don't suffer from mental illnesses. What a blessed life to lead. Don't waste it being such a f***ing troll.

~K~

...especially if you are - quite unjustifiably and unjustly - a multi-millionaire leading the sort of very comfortable life that Morrissey enjoys. If there were any justice, he would kill himself as a penance. I hope he does.

...especially if you are - quite unjustifiably and unjustly - a multi-millionaire leading the sort of very comfortable life that Morrissey enjoys. If there were any justice, he would kill himself as a penance. I hope he does.

We all turn into John Lennons killer in the end as humans are always bound to hate a certain someone they once loved. It is in our DNA and we don't have teeth to eat with or nails to scratch our bums with. They are there for another purpose.

You answer your own assertion correctly with your first sentence.
So you base your 'theory' on the premise that your presentation of the facts are correct. That appears to be a hybrid of egotistical & troll behaviour - all-knowing Edgelord you are not. Not to mention the wealth of historical evidence that is at odds with you - including many people who don't fit your trite, clichéd view of Morrissey fans.
Perhaps you could try to adjust your own view rather expecting many, many others to adjust theirs?
FWD.

Last edited:

~K~
I've also had depression forever and someone extremely close to me died this year from cancer. I might have been a coward in the past because I haven't offed myself, no, I was brave enough to take 1 day at a time and suck it up for others. But I know what cancer is like and I wouldn't treat it if I had it. To you all anyone who disagrees with your views is considered a troll.

I vaguely remember Moz reacted to a similar remark made by the loudmouth from the "The".
He said something like, "Oh how I wish it was true."
Or," I wouldn't mind if it was true".
Or something like that.

We all turn into John Lennons killer in the end as humans are always bound to hate a certain someone they once loved. It is in our DNA and we don't have teeth to eat with or nails to scratch our bums with. They are there for another purpose.
No. I think that takes a specific mental illness. Being a fan is a mental illness, and thinking you have a connection with a famous person that doesn't know you is delusional. But it's mostly harmless and lots of people outgrow it. It happens mostly with teens who think the music they listen to is part of their identity.
I'm not saying it's sick to admire someone who is famous, or learn from them, but to think you know them is definitely an illness.
John Lennon's killer came to believe that he was John Lennon in a sense. It's been a while since I read about him but I think he sometimes signed his name "John Lennon." I think he was already planning to kill Lennon before he had met him but it still must have been a shock to meet him and have his fantasy destroyed. I forget what it's called when a person has delusions and faces the shock that they are not real. Or maybe I saw that in an old Joan Crawford or Bette Davis film...
Anyway, no we don't all become that, but it's not uncommon to have unrealistic expectations of a "star" and then be resentful of them when they inevitably fail you. It might be similar to the way some people always hate their ex.

No. I think that takes a specific mental illness. Being a fan is a mental illness, and thinking you have a connection with a famous person that doesn't know you is delusional. But it's mostly harmless and lots of people outgrow it. It happens mostly with teens who think the music they listen to is part of their identity.
I'm not saying it's sick to admire someone who is famous, or learn from them, but to think you know them is definitely an illness.
John Lennon's killer came to believe that he was John Lennon in a sense. It's been a while since I read about him but I think he sometimes signed his name "John Lennon." I think he was already planning to kill Lennon before he had met him but it still must have been a shock to meet him and have his fantasy destroyed. I forget what it's called when a person has delusions and faces the shock that they are not real. Or maybe I saw that in an old Joan Crawford or Bette Davis film...
Anyway, no we don't all become that, but it's not uncommon to have unrealistic expectations of a "star" and then be resentful of them when they inevitably fail you. It might be similar to the way some people always hate their ex.

'It happens mostly with teens who think the music they listen to is part of their identity.'

It also happens when people believe and identify with any belief or belief system, such as religions and political beliefs, it's just unfortunate that these people never outgrow their illness and in turn their beliefs/illness/identity hurt and destroy innocent people daily.

'but it's not uncommon to have unrealistic expectations of a "star" and then be resentful of them when they inevitably fail you. It might be similar to the way some people always hate their ex.'

yes, here on Solo one can come across many examples of people who claim that M was once important to them but now they just come on to this site to hate the man with a strange and perverse passion, some would say that these people have 'grown up' but it looks like they'll never be able to 'grow up' or let go of their illusions they had and still have of M. Because M has grown up and changed, but unfortunately there are fans out there who are very much... still ill.

yes, here on Solo one can come across many examples of people who claim that M was once important to them but now they just come on to this site to hate the man with a strange and perverse passion, some would say that these people have 'grown up' but it looks like they'll never be able to 'grow up' or let go of their illusions they had and still have of M. Because M has grown up and changed, but unfortunately there are fans out there who are very much... still ill.
Likely because his depressing music made them mentally ill thats why they hate on him, wish someone would have told me not to listen to his depressing music when I was 13

'It happens mostly with teens who think the music they listen to is part of their identity.'

It also happens when people believe and identify with any belief or belief system, such as religions and political beliefs, it's just unfortunate that these people never outgrow their illness and in turn their beliefs/illness/identity hurt and destroy innocent people daily.

'but it's not uncommon to have unrealistic expectations of a "star" and then be resentful of them when they inevitably fail you. It might be similar to the way some people always hate their ex.'

Not sure if you're going for "off topic" or "redundant" on this one. :thumb:
You do seem to agree with my basic theory but then you want to turn it into "I might be a Mozbot but at least I don't think Jesus told me to vote for Trump." Which, you know, okay.
Now paragraph two I have to take issue with because I don't think Brummie Boy or Benny the British Butcher are less grown up than Morrissey. Really? This is a man who has a tantrum when the police ask for identification. This is the man who thinks a terror attack in Paris should lead everyone to drop what they're doing and give him a "guaranteed number one." But if that's your idea of a grown up that's fantastic, and I mean that literally.

You do seem to agree with my basic theory but then you want to turn it into "I might be a Mozbot but at least I don't think Jesus told me to vote for Trump." Which, you know, okay.
Now paragraph two I have to take issue with because I don't think Brummie Boy or Benny the British Butcher are less grown up than Morrissey. Really? This is a man who has a tantrum when the police ask for identification. This is the man who thinks a terror attack in Paris should lead everyone to drop what they're doing and give him a "guaranteed number one." But if that's your idea of a grown up that's fantastic, and I mean that literally.

you should clarify for other readers that your post is merely a statement of opinion based on your personal speculation, so there's no confusion. :thumb:

Swedes are different and well known to always stay friends with their ex's. This irritates people from abroad that moved here.

I think your view on it being harmless is plain wrong. This entire website is full of ex-fans that now hates his guts not to mention the band members.

That should tell you something.

LOL

Morrissey hasn't changed in the slightest and you know it but a good attempt. Difference between him and his fans is that his fans live in the real world.

Your defence of him comes from your inner teen speaking instead of your adult you. You spend every day here and must feel very abused cause this place is filled with about 90% hate every day directed at the one you identify with in a way that is bad for you.

Hating Morrissey on here is very tongue-in-cheek and we only do it to see people like you cry about it.

Still got it, Dave. Indisputably, you've still got it :)

Everything I write here comes with an implied disclaimer. :thumb:

Yes, I got that without actually reading it.
No need to as they are all the same.
Why yours would differ doesn't make any sense.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom