Why is Johnny Marr news on the main forum but not Alain Whyte?

A

Anony

If this was a Smiths forum, it would be completely fair enough but it isn't. It's a Morrissey solo forum.
Marr has not written a note of music for Morrissey solo.
Yet, news about Alain Whyte (who has written more 'Morrissey solo' songs than anyone else, and probably always will have) is banished to 'other music'.
Whyte's even written more Morrissey songs than Marr's written Smiths stuff.
Appreciate the interest in Marr (and I'm a big fan - seen him live lots and bought 3 of his albums) but giving him prominence over Whyte on a Morrissey solo site just doesn't seem to make sense.

*sigh*
Johnny's teaching how to play a Smiths song.
Get on with it.

Sorry - you've completely misunderstood the post here.
This is a general comment about what's main forum news and what's 'other music' news.
The suggestion is that news about people who have had a lot to do with Morrissey's solo career should be in the main 'general' section. Those who have had nothing to do with his solo career, shouldn't.
Please try to keep up. Thanks.

As a general rule, items related to Morrissey or The Smiths go into General Discussion. If it's about their solo careers and have nothing to do with Morrissey or The Smiths they'll go into Other Music.

As a general rule, items related to Morrissey or The Smiths go into General Discussion. If it's about their solo careers and have nothing to do with Morrissey or The Smiths they'll go into Other Music.
Thanks, fair enough. More specifically, Alain Whyte playing a version of a song that he and Morrissey wrote (Edges Are No Longer Parallel) should surely have been General Discussion. Anyway, not a big problem. Things get misclassified from time to time.

Thanks, fair enough. More specifically, Alain Whyte playing a version of a song that he and Morrissey wrote (Edges Are No Longer Parallel) should surely have been General Discussion. Anyway, not a big problem. Things get misclassified from time to time.

Good point, there is some crossover and debate on where things should go. I just moved the Edges thread. I prefer to keep the number of forums at a minimum but I'm open to adding another forum or sub-forum. Any suggestions for the name of the forum besides something like "Ex-band members" or "Former Associates"?

Good point, there is some crossover and debate on where things should go. I just moved the Edges thread. I prefer to keep the number of forums at a minimum but I'm open to adding another forum or sub-forum. Any suggestions for the name of the forum besides something like "Ex-band members" or "Former Associates"?
Don't really think a new forum is needed. It's just that if one of Morrissey's former songwriters does their own version of the song they actually wrote with him, I reckon that's General Forum news. If it's their own thing (like Alain's new solo stuff), fair enough to keep that in other music.

*sigh*
Johnny's teaching how to play a Smiths song.
Get on with it.

I have a video of my Nana teaching you how to play a Smiths song. Can we get that on the front page stat?

Back
Top Bottom