why is everyone getting banned?

Why was NRitH banned? I've not been here for a few weeks, so I'm pretty out of the loop. With all these bans, though, I doubt I'll stick around for long.

Coiff.

Why was NRitH banned? I've not been here for a few weeks, so I'm pretty out of the loop. With all these bans, though, I doubt I'll stick around for long.

Coiff.

His sig was too big. You can read more about it in the "wtf" thread that Preg's started. Flax and WinkWink were banned this week too.
I haven't been here too much lately, so I don't know all the details.

Does it mean they have a dangerous sexy rebellious side like James Dean?

I go away for a few hours and it all happens.....and its all a mystery to me.:(
Lemmings%20jumping%20off%20a%20cliff%20while%20one%20is%20stopped.gif

Who is even banned? I'm not trying to start anything, just curious.

WinkWink, and all of his various alter egos, for whining.
Flax, for having too large a sig pic--ironically, the very same coconut crab pic that I had until people bitched about it.
Me, for reasons you already know.
Grim & Girl Unafraid, for having a sense of humor.
SNS22, for being SNS22. :D

Do you see a theme here?

I think being banned from this site is fast become like getting an ASBO in the UK.
For those not familiar with an ASBO - they are anti social behaviour orders issued by local councils against individuals who have not been given custodial sentences. These orders prohibit people from visiting particular streets / roads / areas / being in groups of more than 4 people or from associating with certain other people.
But now with young people they are like a badge of honour. if you dont have an ASBO then you are not deemed worthy of being in a particualr circle of friends.

That's a very apt, if disturbing, comparison.

Grim was given a time out because he added flashing images to his signature which intended to annoy other users.

Pardon me for butting in, but did you ask him nicely to remove it before you banned him? Do you understand the difference between having a sense of humor and trolling?

What!? 3 of the site's best posters gone...that sucks donkey balls. :mad:

Thanks, Coiff; I appreciate it.

so long so low

Don't leave, trubz; we have a duty to prevent this place from becoming a humorless shithole.

no he was banned for realzies. he told me. its lifted in a few days though. its cuz of that thread he started talking about the moderators, but he didnt really say anything wrong, just bein SNS

Really?! I knew it was just a matter of time before I was wrong. It was indeed a joke last night and now it so isn't.

All these stupid bans are harshing my mellow. This place is losing its fun.

I don't know:confused:

Ok, I'll explain, then.

As most of you know, I don't like the way Kewpie moderates. No, really. I try my damnedest to ignore it most of the time, but there are times when her mis-moderation is so egregious that I say something about it. Do I troll her mercilessly? Do I post her personal info and pics? Do I create various usernames to attack her? No, I make what I think are wry and slightly caustic comments about what she does. The one I got banned for was this one. Was it out of line? Well, it did follow a few comments where the size of signature comments came up, and I said I wouldn't resize my crab one because nobody really enforces the 600 x 250 pixel sig pic rule (a rule which, IIRC, was instituted a few months ago because of some of my absurd past sig pics). Did I have a bad attitude about it? Sure. Was it childish? I suppose some people think so. Was it ban-worthy? Apparently, although I'm still dying to know what term of service it violated. To me, it looks capricious and unfounded. But who am I to judge that?

Blah, blah, blah. Odds are, nobody's read this far. Carry on.

I think the good people in the united kingdom have got that covered.

But it's one of those very UK folks that are sucking the lifeblood of this place dry. And to think that she was made a moderator of a new forum that was otherwise looking like a promising alternative to this one...it defies logic.

Ok, I'll explain, then.

As most of you know, I don't like the way Kewpie moderates. No, really. I try my damnedest to ignore it most of the time, but there are times when her mis-moderation is so egregious that I say something about it. Do I troll her mercilessly? Do I post her personal info and pics? Do I create various usernames to attack her? No, I make what I think are wry and slightly caustic comments about what she does. The one I got banned for was this one. Was it out of line? Well, it did follow a few comments where the size of signature comments came up, and I said I wouldn't resize my crab one because nobody really enforces the 600 x 250 pixel sig pic rule (a rule which, IIRC, was instituted a few months ago because of some of my absurd past sig pics). Did I have a bad attitude about it? Sure. Was it childish? I suppose some people think so. Was it ban-worthy? Apparently, although I'm still dying to know what term of service it violated. To me, it looks capricious and unfounded. But who am I to judge that?

So, Really Nrith, you keep 'pushing' until they did something and now you don't like the out come. You are 'sometimes' a trouble maker.

Take a breather man, come back with your witty comments and don't worry about the nonsense that is Kewpie's moderating. No matter what you or anybody complains about her in these type of threads etc. i doubt DavidT is going to stop her moderating or provide you with the explanation for their actions, as it is free here and you can come and go as you please; as long you don't actually upset the person who pays for the continuing 'up keep' of it. I for one can't see a problem with that.

Ok
But it's one of those very UK folks that are sucking the lifeblood of this place dry. And to think that she was made a moderator of a new forum that was otherwise looking like a promising alternative to this one...it defies logic.

excuse me....they have adopted the UK as their home:p

the new site......will be ruled by an iron fist :D and what you complain of, is in only one section of the forums.

Ok, I'll explain, then.

shut the f*** up and leave space for other idiots to bore us to death.

Ok, I'll explain, then.

All members are equal but some members are more equal than others.

Back
Top Bottom