Why I'm breaking up with Morrissey by Kevin Hegge - Now Toronto

Why I'm breaking up with Morrissey.

Excerpt:

"What I’m about to write is complicated because I haven’t talked about it much. But I thought it was time to acknowledge it publicly: I have been going through a divorce... with Morrissey.

Although I’ve tried to deny it, I was in a dying relationship. I knew it was over. Still I clung.

I write this confession ahead of the November 17 release of his 11th album, Low In High School, and in wake of a long list of problematic utterances I can no longer co-sign."

https://nowtoronto.com/music/features/why-im-breaking-up-with-morrissey/

Regards,
FWD.

Reckon this chap is Canadaiadian which also helps with his decision to "break up". Now I wish all the other foreigners on this site can break up with him so there won't be any talk here about a Smiths gig in Woovverhampton in 1982, kickball, fantasizing that they are a at a hometown gig in LA when they are really freezing in their hobbit house and writing a fake review of the concert, Brickxit, and the usual anti-American terrorist rants.

The one time he singled out praise for Farage as a 'liberal educator' (or words to that effect) he also singled out George Galloway for the very same reason. But we never really hear about that, do we?
And Khan was attacked for the jumbled way he speaks and for meat eating.
I can't stand Khan - he comes across as a shifty bloke, a career politician along the lines of Tony Blair. He was strongly and vocally opposed to Jeremy Corbyn until the 2017 election (like most of the ghastly New Labourites)

So what about Le Pen, the Chinese, Breivik? And don't give me that bollocks about Galloway. He's a rank-anti Semite who is paid by the Iranian government and appears on their tv channels.

Why don't you tally up the occasions when he's praised Sanders and Corbyn against his comments on Farage, UKIP, Waters, Sadiq Khan, The Chinese, walking through Kensington etc - and tell me which side outweighs which?

Well for starters, tallying his support for two specific left-wing figures against every single 'far right' comment he's made wouldn't exactly be unbiased. Looking at his political views since the 80s and even in recent years, what with the animal rights activism, republicanism, sexual ambiguity, frequent anti-USA, anti-Conservative and anti-police comments, frequent support for black writers and civil rights activists, and above all his sympathy for outsiders and outcasts would place him firmly in the left. His anti-immigration and pro-UKIP comments gain the attention they do precisely because they jar with the overwhelmingly left-wing outlook that he otherwise expresses.

As the original point was, most people can't be pigeonholed entirely to the left or right. Add his inconsistency (how he squares his support for Farage with his hatred for Thatcher and Trump is beyond me) and his willingness to express his views on issues that, to be frank, he is clearly not informed in, and you can see the difficulty in working out Morrissey's politics.

Goodbye Kevin. Oh and can you take the rest of them with you please. There's a good boy.

Last edited:
Why I'm breaking up with Morrissey.

Excerpt:

"What I’m about to write is complicated because I haven’t talked about it much. But I thought it was time to acknowledge it publicly: I have been going through a divorce... with Morrissey.

Although I’ve tried to deny it, I was in a dying relationship. I knew it was over. Still I clung.

I write this confession ahead of the November 17 release of his 11th album, Low In High School, and in wake of a long list of problematic utterances I can no longer co-sign."

https://nowtoronto.com/music/features/why-im-breaking-up-with-morrissey/

Regards,
FWD.
Bullshit!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy gets sued (and rightly so)

"recent statements about “terror” that were indefensibly racist" - that's called libel in my book, nothing whatsoever racist about the statements referenced.
Only because the people don't say in public what they're all thinking in private.

Well for starters, tallying his support for two specific left-wing figures against every single 'far right' comment he's made wouldn't exactly be unbiased. Looking at his political views since the 80s and even in recent years, what with the animal rights activism, republicanism, sexual ambiguity, frequent anti-USA, anti-Conservative and anti-police comments, frequent support for black writers and civil rights activists, and above all his sympathy for outsiders and outcasts would place him firmly in the left. His anti-immigration and pro-UKIP comments gain the attention they do precisely because they jar with the overwhelmingly left-wing outlook that he otherwise expresses.

As the original point was, most people can't be pigeonholed entirely to the left or right. Add his inconsistency (how he squares his support for Farage with his hatred for Thatcher and Trump is beyond me) and his willingness to express his views on issues that, to be frank, he is clearly not informed in, and you can see the difficulty in working out Morrissey's politics.

Good post. Even Peter hasn’t quickly responded with a cliched “You f***ing nob-spangler” (or equivalent).

It sounds to me like dear old Kevin is putting his name forward as a possible mod for this site!

To borrow a line from another 1980s icon who hasn't embarrassed himself with silly right wing posturing, "Give my love to Kevin." This Hegge chap has pretty much articulated my feelings for me, rather like Moz did back in the day.

To borrow a line from another 1980s icon who hasn't embarrassed himself with silly right wing posturing, "Give my love to Kevin." This Hegge chap has pretty much articulated my feelings for me, rather like Moz did back in the day.
You signed up to tell us that?

Dear people who write about why they're ''breaking up with Morrissey'' :
Do you really think we care?
As Morrissey said, media people/journalists "do not actually provide news. Instead, they feed your their opinion which, in fact, no one has ever asked for." :)

I'm so old I remember people saying things like this with every album from Strangeways onwards... I know someone who says it all went wrong after Meat Is Murder.

So what about Le Pen, the Chinese, Breivik? And don't give me that bollocks about Galloway. He's a rank-anti Semite who is paid by the Iranian government and appears on their tv channels.

What do you mean 'that bollocks about Galloway'? The point is that Galloway is without a shadow of a doubt a left wing politician - a huge fan of Jeremy Corbyn's. Galloway was praised by Morrissey in the very same sentence as Farage and described as a 'liberal educator' but this is always conveniently forgotten.
Did you hear that Morrissey once wrote a song fantasising about the execution of Thatcher? Did you hear that Morrissey spent Cameron's entire premiership laying into him? Have you heard Morrissey criticise May countless times, yet praise Corbyn as an intelligent person. Did you hear Morrissey urge Americans to vote for Bernie Sanders? You've got to be a politically illiterate nutcase if you think Morrissey is a right wing extremist. But he is clearly a muddled man when it comes to politics - he ought to either educate himself about the subject or avoid it.

I'm so old I remember people saying things like this with every album from Strangeways onwards... I know someone who says it all went wrong after Meat Is Murder.
Yes there were signs after This Charming Man was released if we're being completely honest.

Yes there were signs after This Charming Man was released if we're being completely honest.

You can probably go back even further than that. Dale Hibbert was having reservations about the band's direction before they'd even released a record :lbf::lbf:

I tell you this f***ing Israel song when we get to hear it is going to cause a 700 page thread. And probably accelerate the two-state solution.
I bet it's a bit shit as well

I tell you this f***ing Israel song when we get to hear it is going to cause a 700 page thread. And probably accelerate the two-state solution.
I bet it's a bit shit as well

LMFAO!!!!!

6f9.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom