Why I fell out of love with Morrissey...

I just posted my question to the forum. Blocking a poster should block their ratings. I think if we were to gather together, sit down, lock hands and protest this in the solo lobby the movement would stand a chance...or sit a chance at least :)

Or like the olympics we drop the highest and lowest scores to get a true rating ;)
It would be good if blocking worked both ways like Facebook, so you don't see their posts and they don't see yours. But really, like you said who cares? I think the rabbit feels scorned because you once told her that she was fascinating or something. :crazy: Then whatever they had put in your drink wore off.. :pill:

It would be good if blocking worked both ways like Facebook, so you don't see their posts and they don't see yours. But really, like you said who cares? I think the rabbit feels scorned because you once told her that she was fascinating or something. :crazy: Then whatever they had put in your drink wore off.. :pill:

It is entirely possible. Sometimes I leave the room with my computer on and my assistant Zozo may be taking control of the keyboard. It is just a coincidence that my and Brummie's assistant have the same name.

Falling in and out of love is as natural as breathing in and out. Marriage is a construct designed to squeeze the love out of us. Love is a many splintered thing. It is the last rung on life's ladder that people grasp to avoid the void of loneliness. I think what I love about him the most is that he is an emotional sieve. His heart is full one moment and empty the next. What's not to love about that?

Last edited:
I've always enjoyed your posts here Velvis, and I could have written the very same thing.

Bowie was a once-in-a-generation talent: his work changed me, and he was an influence in my life before The Smiths were a twinkle in anyone's eye. Bowie's "final act" was the bravest, most generous and astonishing artistic statement I've ever witnessed. At the end of his life he was still testing his limits, and going to musical places where others could not follow. His death hit me hard, and I've been listening to his back catalog ever since; it overshadows nearly everything else.

Morrissey's actions of late have been the final nails in his coffin. His statement after Bataclan was reprehensible, but it is his refusal to acknowledge Bowie's passing that is the real testament to his shallow, petty nature. I haven't listened to him in quite a while; he's playing in my city later this month and I didn't even bother getting tickets.

Such a shame, too: Morrissey's talent was off-the-charts, and at his best he was goddamn glorious. I still check in here every once in a while to see if he's managed to pull out of his tailspin, but I hold out little hope.
Thank you, thank you...

I think there are very, very few people that have someone they 'idolized' (don't really like that word), in this case Morrissey idolizing Mr. Bowie, go on to experience later in life to have that very same person cover one of their songs and sing on stage with them. That is something that has got to be pretty incredible to experience.

The truth of the matter is, we don't know why the Mozzer hasn't said anything publicly. My only two guesses are:

1) he knows his silence drives people nuts and does it for his own pleasure (narcissism)
2) it's just too hard for him, and very, very personal.

In this particular case, I will abstain from judging. When the death of someone is involved, it can be very personal, and how someone handles it is their business. Not mine.

Unfortunately I think there is a third possibility:
3) Bowie did something to upset Morrissey, something so despicable, something so heinous that he can't find it within himself to say a few words of acknowledgement.

Unfortunately I think there is a third possibility:
3) Bowie did something to upset Morrissey, something so despicable, something so heinous that he can't find it within himself to say a few words of acknowledgement.

Yet, you could just as readily assume there is a 3B) Bowie did something entirely innocuous that upset Morrissey because he has been known to be ridiculously thin-skinned and has interacted poorly with well-adjusted people despite their best intentions.

Yet, you could just as readily assume there is a 3B) Bowie did something entirely innocuous that upset Morrissey because he has been known to be ridiculously thin-skinned and has interacted poorly with well-adjusted people despite their best intentions.

“I have a disturbingly photographic memory, which troubles me sometimes. I wish I could let things go, but even when I go to bed the mind chatters, so I live with an ever-chattering mind. And there it is; some people have wooden legs but I have a chattering mind. Still, there's nothing I can do about it."

"But those hours I don’t write or stand on a stage become a bit of a handicap. A short sentence or action from someone can occupy and irritate my mind for hours." (Or for years, apparently)

"I am very romantic, and I drive around and I dream I live in every house I pass, and I feel everything so intensely, it’s a bit of a pain, really."

Whilst Moz slightly softened his criticism of Bowie in recent years, I think he scuppered any chance of a final reconciliation when he threw KY and Toni Visconti under the tour bus a few years back. Which was quite amusing.

I think there are very, very few people that have someone they 'idolized' (don't really like that word), in this case Morrissey idolizing Mr. Bowie, go on to experience later in life to have that very same person cover one of their songs and sing on stage with them. That is something that has got to be pretty incredible to experience.

The truth of the matter is, we don't know why the Mozzer hasn't said anything publicly. My only two guesses are:

1) he knows his silence drives people nuts and does it for his own pleasure (narcissism)
2) it's just too hard for him, and very, very personal.

In this particular case, I will abstain from judging. When the death of someone is involved, it can be very personal, and how someone handles it is their business. Not mine.

" 1) he knows his silence drives people nuts and does it for his own pleasure (narcissism) "
But narcissism is a too heavy conclusion if you're not his psychiatrist which I assume you're not because his psychiatrist would not risk losing his license by making public privacy details on the internet of his patients.
He is just teasing and confronting his own fanbase.
I can see his smirk. :brows:

Perhaps Morrissey was moved to write an (as yet unreleased) song specifically about Bowie's passing and felt that alone should be his comment on the matter............

Perhaps Morrissey was moved to write an (as yet unreleased) song specifically about Bowie's passing and felt that alone should be his comment on the matter............

Could be. We will never know now cause when a lot of his so-called devoted and committed fans where on the verge of collapsing and forcing him to make a statement he gave them the middle finger by silence.
And even more so by omitting Bowie's name in the list of names in the year of the reaper at Manchester.
He likes to confront his so-called fanatic fanbase and does not shy away from the hysterical reactions.
I think he doesn't care that much anymore about those.
It has always been a difficult relation. Love/hate, passion/aggression.
He has enough experience with the loonies.

Didn't mozza fall out with Bowie because Bowie wouldnt let him use a photogragh for the art work of 'The last of the famous international playboys ' reissue ? ..

One of the sad things about Morrissey these days is that he's such a shameless opportunist. Just look at his attempt to cash in on the Paris attacks with a rerelease of "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"!

I don't blame Bowie one bit for rejecting that idea...it was obvious that it was a stunt to cash in on the impending release of 'The Next Day'. And what happened after Bowie nixed the cover? Team Morrissey literally stole a design from Morrissey-Solo for the cover.

He's become very lazy. You see it in all aspects of his career. He sings the same songs year after year, trots out the same plodding band and writers year after year, he never promotes his own material, he doesn't labor over album art or "vinyl etchings" or even crafting great lyrics. I honestly can't think of the last time I felt Morrissey was pushing the boundaries of what people have come to expect...he's just regurgitating the same old songs rewritten as something lesser than the original.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the last time Morrissey was still Morrissey was 1997.

Back
Top Bottom