why i am like this

F

Fabricio

i don`t know.

i heard recently too many times "the best of morrissey!" cd and i liked it very much. The guy is the most important composer and singer ever in my opinion and he`ll be this way the rest of my days.

but i was thinking... i am hearing lightnin` hopkins now, he was a great blues singer.

i bought the best of pink floyd and i think it`s wonderful.

i have problems here when i say i love rap and nu-metal.

probably i have 200 cds, cassettes or lps from bach.

i have perhaps 20 cds of schubert lieder and i hear schubert almost every day. Yesterday i was hearing in my car a schubert lieder cd and a guy gave me congratulations. He said almost nobody hear these kind of songs and that he had a collection of it... i thought to myself that if he saw me hearing linkin park very loud i would not receive these congratulations.

as for most of you guys, i hear like you oasis, belle and sebastian and beatles and few more... but normally i don`t hear songs that have the same style of morrissey...

why this? perhaps these bands always lose when compared to my beloved moz...

merry christmas everyone

L

Lifeguard Sleeping

Merry Christmas to you too, Fabricio!

Like you, I also don't really listen to artists who would really be considered Morrissey's contemporaries. "Britpop" was never really my thing, and Oasis, Suede and Pulp and bands like that...apart from a few songs, I never really got into them.

Of course, having said that, Belle and Sebastian are one of my favorite bands.

F

Fabricio

> Merry Christmas to you too, Fabricio!

how sweet of you... how was your Christmas?

> Like you, I also don't really listen to artists who would really be
> considered Morrissey's contemporaries. "Britpop" was never
> really my thing, and Oasis, Suede and Pulp and bands like that...apart
> from a few songs, I never really got into them.

hehe... i am glad i am not the only one like this here, lifeguard...

> Of course, having said that, Belle and Sebastian are one of my favorite
> bands.

for me too! but perhaps they don`t seem too much britpop...

L

Lifeguard Sleeping

> how sweet of you... how was your Christmas?

Oh, same as usual: WAY too many people crammed into my parents' modest-sized house. But it was nice to see the relatives again.

How was yours?

> for me too! but perhaps they don`t seem too much britpop...

Oh, that's for sure. I just recently found out that they put out a new single (I've been SO out-of-the-loop lately) so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Forgot the title, but have you heard it yet?

F

Fabricio

> Oh, same as usual: WAY too many people crammed into my parents'
> modest-sized house. But it was nice to see the relatives again.

i have a modest-sized house too, but my father not. So we always go there... and it`s good seeing our relatives sometimes, isn`t it?

> How was yours?

it was very good. There was few people there, but everybody was happy.

> Oh, that's for sure. I just recently found out that they put out a new
> single (I've been SO out-of-the-loop lately) so I'm going to pick it up
> tomorrow. Forgot the title, but have you heard it yet?

the title is 'I'm Waking Up To Us' and includes three previously unreleased tracks, 'I'm Waking Up To Us'*, 'I Love My Car'* and 'Marx and Engels' as i have seen in their official page (it seems only moz don`t have an official page, don`t you think it`s funny?). I didn`t heard it yet (i wrote here i heard it but it was a mistake), but surely it must be good. Their last works (jonathan david and fold your hands child you walk like a peasant) were really really great. It`s not that easy for a band maintaing its quality, don`t you think?

have you already heard it?

they went to brazil recently (i didn`t go) and they are making a huge success here, what is a little bit strange. Anyway some boring people seems to like b&s in brazil... but it seems there`s always boring people everywhere...

Top Bottom