Morrissey Central WHY HAS COMMON SENSE BECOME SO … UNCOMMON? (July 4, 2020)

The British in Spain - being drunk, abusive, clashing with police, being homeless, demanding changes in the law & getting compensation.

Last edited by a moderator:
The British in Spain - being drunk, abusive, clashing with police, being homeless, demanding changes in the law & getting compensation.

To be fair, the Hoff referred specifically to the desecration of monuments. It’s scarcely eye opening that Brits on the lash commit misdemeanours.

To be fair, the Hoff referred specifically to the desecration of monuments. It’s scarcely eye opening that Brits on the lash commit misdemeanours.

It's hard to pretend we're no trouble or better than others when we've been seen puking in the streets & fighting outside bars though.

Nothing stays the same but it's very, rarely improved upon. Modern architecture and design is often cancerous in nature.

Agree, but then again, it’s subjective.

I reposted this on a gender thread. But it's interesting here since Moz is getting labelled a fascist all the time.

I was picking up anarchist - but I think it's closer to say a cultural anarchist. Completely opposed to all forms of restriction & doing whatever in the moment. It would even explain that bloody badge. Just another culture jam.

He actually needs to repeatedly remind people that's what he's doing - because I've now seen an article saying Combat 18 organized around his gigs & that'll turn into he was in Combat 18 in a heartbeat.

It's hard to pretend we're no trouble or better than others when we've been seen puking in the streets & fighting outside bars though.
I think the issue is slightly different: many people feel they are extending a generosity when they ‘tolerate’ immigration.

People feel the UK is their home and they feel angry when (1) this generosity is exploited, and (2) the ‘guests’ start shitting on the doorstep and (3) the doorstep dumps are celebrated whilst complaints are dismissed as ‘racist’. Moreover (4) the shit hits the fan when the political discourse shifts and those born here are made to feel as if it is they who need to be tolerated. On one level, it’s all simple tribal psychology but on another political plane it relates to what people were actually told about immigration in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

As you’ve shared those explanations and promises have been pointedly forgotten. One might rightly now assume that they were never sincere in the first place. Labour seems to think that concession (of cross party lying) is easy to get over, but it’s already having cataclysmic implications (Brexit being the main one) as people fight to recover a sense of agency.

It might also be noted that some supporters of immigration on here, including Cocksucker and Radis ‘the member’ Noir and Verso actually support immigration precisely because of its degenerative counter-democratic implications and impositions. They are no more than children playing with matches—simultaneously pathetic and tragic.

For me personally, as a Labour voter and union member, it is the draconian aspects of immigration policies that concern me. The issue of black and white is accidental and (for me) utterly irrelevant.

Finally, I’d share that refusals for genuine refugees run into the thousands annually. Many are sent home to die or be persecuted. On the other hand, asylum seekers in France who should seek help there are being fast tracked into the UK (Is it called the Dublin Procedure?). Is it any wonder that people say ‘pull up the draw bridge and let’s start from scratch’?

Having said all that, I’d wager that string pullers in Westminster would rather rip up British democracy entirely than modify immigration policies. And that should concern everyone, and the traditional left most of all.

Last edited by a moderator:

I dare say, outside of some spoiled white pension brats, you’re likely among the more tolerant and behaved of guests, relative to others (outstanding exception going to many eastern Asians — now there’s a group who can behave).

You really must keep your western privilege in check, my dear. It’ll turn into western guilt.😨

I dare say, outside of some spoiled white pension brats, you’re likely among the more tolerant and behaved of guests, relative to others (outstanding exception going to many eastern Asians — now there’s a group who can behave).

You really must keep your western privilege in check, my dear. It’ll turn into western guilt.😨

I'm just pointing out some double standards & blind spots.

And why do they behave like that? Because of lack of role models in their lives, lack of discipline in Schools....because of liberal policies.

I think the issue is slightly different: many people feel they are extending a generosity when they ‘tolerate’ immigration.

People feel the UK is their home and they feel angry when (1) this generosity is exploited, and (2) the ‘guests’ start shitting on the doorstep and (3) the doorstep dumps are celebrated whilst complaints are dismissed as ‘racist’. Moreover (4) the shit hits the fan when the political discourse shifts and those born here are made to feel as if it is they who need to be tolerated. On one level, it’s all simple tribal psychology but on another political plane it relates to what people we’re actually told about immigration in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

As you’ve shared those explanations and promises have been pointedly forgotten. One might rightly now assume that they were never sincere in the first place. Labour seems to think that concession (of cross party lying) is easy to get over, but it’s already having cataclysmic implications (Brexit being the main one) as people fight to recover a sense of agency.

It might also be noted that some supporters of immigration on here, including Cocksucker and Radis ‘the member’ Noir and Verso actually support immigration precisely because of its degenerative counter-democratic implications and impositions. They are no more than children playing with matches—simultaneously pathetic and tragic.

For me personally, as a Labour voter and union member, it is the draconian aspects of immigration policies that concern me. The issue of black and white is accidental and (for me) utterly irrelevant.

Finally, I’d share that refusals for genuine refugees run into the thousands annually. Many are sent home to die or be persecuted. On the other hand, asylum seekers in France who should seek help there are being fast tracked into the UK (Is it called the Dublin Procedure?). Is it any wonder that people say ‘pull up the draw bridge and let’s start from scratch’?

Having said all that, I’d wager that string pullers in Westminster would rather rip up British democracy entirely than modify immigration policies. And that should concern everyone, and the traditional left most of all.

From my pov - a lot of things people say are just rhetoric wars, aimed at each other & nothing much to do with any concrete reality.

Immigration & emigration work for the middle classes & the rich. They have professions to bond them together & learn to curate their personal brand & it genuinely wasn't noticed that some communities didn't have that glue. Not just in the UK, but everywhere.

We're looking at class & cohesion a lot more & I think that'll help.

But we're probably missing that people feel territorial & maligned.

You'd have to be mentally ill not to "slag" off people desecrating a monument in a foreign country...a country where you are guests. I'd have exactly the same reaction if i saw a load of boozed up Brits carrying on abroad.

Surely your tolerance is being trespassed — and the ideological left are in open contempt with a contextual double-standard.

A real life metaphor: a white American took down a propaganda poster in a hotel hallway in North Korea a couple years ago. He was tortured to death. The response from voices on the left here was one of cold & callus rebuke for his white privilege (or something to that effect) in messing with the customs of another culture.

Meanwhile, these same people are elated by the destruction of our own historical artifacts by a ragtag bunch of misfits who don’t have much of a vision beyond burning it all down.

You have to be pretty inculcated in wokeness or self-hating to not observe this overarching disconnection with abhorrence. People like myself, who were more centric and not particularly patriotic, have become galvanized by the state of things.

But for the people who don’t get it, when you bring up this concern, you’re usually called a racist or they gaslight you.

I'm just pointing out some double standards & blind spots.

Yes, but your blinds spots are over the British abroad getting drunk. Those shenanigans are not on par with aggressive violence, extensive property destruction, rape, murder, failure to assimilate.

Now, if you construct the argument more along the lines of the destruction and death that occurs in foreign wars we engage in, that would be more commensurate with your domestic grievances, although still not apples to apples.

A real life metaphor: a white American took down a propaganda poster in a hotel hallway in North Korea a couple years ago. He was tortured to death. The response from voices on the left here was one of cold & callus rebuke for his white privilege (or something to that effect) in messing with the customs of another culture.
The circumstances surrounding Warmbier's death are by no means clear and for you to blithely state that 'he was tortured to death' is almost a lie. He may have been mistreated but the sad fact is that no-one in the US knows what happened to him.

The circumstances surrounding Warmbier's death are by no means clear and for you to blithely state that 'he was tortured to death' is almost a lie. He may have been mistreated but the sad fact is that no-one in the US knows what happened to him.

I rest my case, your honor.

(see above callousness and misdirection from one of the self-loathing).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom