Morrissey Central WHY HAS COMMON SENSE BECOME SO … UNCOMMON? (July 4, 2020)

Morrissey doesn't have the pop culture significance in America to do a real Vegas residency.

Morrissey doesn't have the pop culture significance in America to do a real Vegas residency.

Maybe not at the moment. I’m in this region though. And a lot of the younger Hispanics in the Southwest really do love him. That’s a growing demographic. Combined with the older generation of Las Vegas artists and audiences fading out...

Stranger things have happened. If he keeps on this weird 60’s revival adult contemporary path, that’s practically his business plan.;)

I love his work & I think he's savable.

But if all you get when you search his name online is a torrent of racism & articles listing his word crimes & demanding that he be stamped out of the culture forever because he's a cancer - it's going to be that much harder.

No libs will be owned. No white nationalist cause will be furthered. But a lot of beautiful songs will be unlistened to.
You're reading waaay too much in to this! You think he's savable, what does that even mean? He'll do what he wants just like he always has and the online nonsense will mean nothing to him or his fans, you have to remember that it's completely irrelevant and anyone who can think for themselves knows this. Do you really think the antisocial media mugs have any sway on Morrissey's decision making?

I grew up in a rather idyllic and rural part of the east coast of the United States and saw the same thing happen to my childhood, so to speak. Where there was once a field, now there's a housing development. Where I once ran and played with friends, now there's a smattering of McMansions. Old dirt paths turned into cul-de-sacs. And so on.

I felt angry, too. But in the end you chalk it up to the impersonal, unsentimental thrust of "progress" and move on, painful as it may be. Nothing stays the same.
“Old dirt paths turned into cul-de-sacs.”

Don’t move on too fast, there’s a lyric right there.

I grew up in a rather idyllic and rural part of the east coast of the United States and saw the same thing happen to my childhood, so to speak. Where there was once a field, now there's a housing development. Where I once ran and played with friends, now there's a smattering of McMansions. Old dirt paths turned into cul-de-sacs. And so on.

I felt angry, too. But in the end you chalk it up to the impersonal, unsentimental thrust of "progress" and move on, painful as it may be. Nothing stays the same.
I’ll pass on your last message of positivity to anyone who dares mentions the horror of The Trail of Tears.

You’re one of life’s followers, that shouts from every post: a follower, of the disciples of resentment.

On a point of fact, are not white power movements apparently reproducing the hegemony rather than protesting. Isn’t that supposed to be the whole point of the intellectual argument behind BLM? Or does absolutely everything escape you?

When you’re killed for simply being white, I debate you. Fool.

Nothing stays the same but it's very, rarely improved upon. Modern architecture and design is often cancerous in nature.

I just saw a video of a load of black Africans talking in their native language, desecrate a statue in a park in London. Nice eh?
Do you spend your life looking for videos of black people behaving disagreeably simply so you can clutch your pearls in horror? What a waste of a life.

Someone shared it....some white people care about their country's. Unlike you of course.
So for you, 'caring about your country' equates to 'slagging off black people?' I think you have the two things confused. And the 'someone shared it' excuse is lame. No-one forces you to watch the videos, you do so in order to feel morally indignant and to try and justify your own inherent racism. A waste of a life indeed.

So for you, 'caring about your country' equates to 'slagging off black people?' I think you have the two things confused. And the 'someone shared it' excuse is lame. No-one forces you to watch the videos, you do so in order to feel morally indignant and to try and justify your own inherent racism. A waste of a life indeed.

You'd have to be mentally ill not to "slag" off people desecrating a monument in a foreign country...a country where you are guests. I'd have exactly the same reaction if i saw a load of boozed up Brits carrying on abroad.

You'd have to be mentally ill not to "slag" off people desecrating a monument in a foreign country...a country where you are guests. I'd have exactly the same reaction if i saw a load of boozed up Brits carrying on abroad.
Yet you never do.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom