why does moz treat his fans like shite ? - discuss (or blindly defend)

Stay away
Simple, a bit like you

oooh how clever ! would love to get into a game of verbal tennis with you , but instead i will just laugh at the irony of the fact that you are calling me simple when you have a photo of liam gallagher next to your username - a man who can barely draw a line in the ground with a stick !

The facts are his rate of cancellations is pretty high, this can not be denied by the most ardent fan and does cause disappointment and not inconsiderable expense to some fans.

However, if he is too ill than I dont suppose there is a choice. His tour schedules do tend to be long and demanding though and maybe he should consider something less arduous in future given his advancing years.

I have to say I was at Liverpool and the show seemed absoultely fine to me. Maybe not the best venue but otherwise most enjoyable. Sometimes it is actually nice to be able to step back a little and comfortably admire what is going on all around rather than being in the throng. Perhaps a slightly sub standard performance would be more acceptable than an out and out cancellation to some folk if he could struggle through ( Im not suggesting he could by the way !)

Im not sure how many gigs I have been over the years between The Smiths and Morrissey but woudl hazzard a guess at approaching 50 including 18 on the ROTT tour in 7 countries and maybe I'm incredibly lucky but I have yet to suffer a cancellation. The only disappointment was the Preston gig on the Smiths TQID tour which last just half a song due to a missile throwing incident.

I do feel for people that go to great lengths to attend an out of area show only to be left with nothing. Look at the discussion in a rational not emotional fashion. Whether its sport , music or whatever the players / artists are nothing without their fans behind them.

Last edited:
The facts are his rate of cancellations is pretty high, this can not be denied by the most ardent fan and does cause disappointment and not inconsiderable expense to some fans.

However, if he is too ill than I dont suppose there is a choice. His tour schedules do tend to be long and demanding though and maybe he should consider something less arduous in future given his advancing years.

I have to say I was at Liverpool and the show seemed absoultely fine to me. Maybe not the best venue but otherwise most enjoyable. Sometimes it is actually nice to be able to step back a little and comfortably admire what is going on all around rather than being in the throng. Perhaps a slightly sub standard performance would be more acceptable than an out and out cancellation to some folk if he could struggle through ( Im not suggesting he could by the way !)

Im not sure how many gigs I have been over the years between The Smiths and Morrissey but woudl hazzard a guess at approaching 50 including 18 on the ROTT tour in 7 countries and maybe I'm incredibly lucky but I have yet to suffer a cancellation. The only disappointment was the Preston gig on the Smiths TQID tour which last just half a song due to a missile throwing incident.

I do feel for people that go to great lengths to attend an out of area show only to be left with nothing.

I'm with you on that, i thought he was great in liverpool.

And answer came there none. What a f***in wind-up merchant :crazy:

Obviously I meant northernleech..My apologies for not being on here every waking moment to answer your posts to me.

oooh how clever ! would love to get into a game of verbal tennis with you , but instead i will just laugh at the irony of the fact that you are calling me simple when you have a photo of liam gallagher next to your username - a man who can barely draw a line in the ground with a stick !

Oh Christ..here it goes.. :straightface:

Re: songs listed in Warner Chappelle

Anyway, Polydor seems not interested in polishing those songs (doesn't want to spend money on studio cost etc) which resulted no new tracks on Skull singles.

This is a very widespread misconception. Speculation repeated over and over until everyone believes it as fact.

Stephane

This is a very widespread misconception. Speculation repeated over and over until everyone believes it as fact.

Stephane

True. There's other very, very good reasons for no studio recordings on Skull.

Peter

Stephane

Can you explain your opinion of no new tracks of Skull singles?

I can't think any rational reason.

I love Morrissey but I have to agree to an extent. Yes I was completely crushed when he canceled Oakland, as it was gong to be my first gig and I was SO excited. Then to read of all these other shows he is canceling, is just pretty shitty. Not sure how anyone can deny that?? And to not so much as simply apologize, just seems like he doesnt care that much about the fans. If he's that ill then stop touring. It's not fair to get people's hopes up and just change his mind like he decided he wanted to eat something else for breakfast or some shit. This isnt breakfast, this is thousands of fans that have been loyal and have loved him for many years. If he's ill then he needs to find out what's wrong with him and take care of it, and if its not that then he needs to just stop scheduling shows if he cant follow through.

Last edited:
Everyone's talking about Morrissey not saying sorry, but what are they expecting, an interuption to all television and radio to 'bring you this special annoucment'?

Yeah, that would be cool.

I don't feel badly treated. When i heard RAH was cancelled i did mutter something to the effect of, i hope he's got swine flu and dies, but several hours of excessive drinking helped me to forget about the whole debacle.
Each time Morrissey cancels i got through similar motions.

The only other issues i have is the price of women's tshirts at his concerts.
I think ive just come out of my motions lol ive not drank in nearly 2 weeks and i usally drink every night,i think i need alcohol and more weed :) Mashed at Great Yor mouth it will be! :D

I love Morrissey but I have to agree to an extent. Yes I was completely crushed when he canceled Oakland, as it was gong to be my first gig and I was SO excited. Then to read of all these other shows he is canceling, is just pretty shitty. Not sure how anyone can deny that?? And to not so much as simply apologize, just seems like he doesnt care that much about the fans. If he's that ill then stop touring. It's not fair to get people's hopes up and just change his mind like he decided he wanted to eat something else for breakfast or some shit. This isnt breakfast, this is thousands of fans that have been loyal and have loved him for many years. If he's ill then he needs to find out what's wrong with him and take care of it, and if its not that then he needs to just stop scheduling shows if he cant follow through.

Agree with every word here.

Especially cancelling on the day of the concert, like at RAH. Management should schedule the tour across more months to account for ill health and allow for reschedulings.

Well...I'd rather not open the box. Trust me, there's a real reason. Sorry.

Peter

Everyone's talking but nobody's saying anything.

Love affair's well and truly o'er.

G'night Auntie.

As a 40 year old ardent Morrissey fan since hand In Glove was released eon's ago, I was really saddened by the way myself and five others were treated last week after the Thursday night Glasgow Barrowland gig. we waited at the side door in the rain for over an hour.....waiting for him to leave. His black Mercedes was waiting with the engine running 6 bouncers were waiting next to it and obviously Arturo his body guard was around also. Now there was very good banter exchanged between us and the bouncers so they knew we were not there to cause a problem. But when Morrissey did appear we called to him....any chance of a photo or an autograph....but he did not aknowledge us, llok in our direction, say hello....NOTHING! I could understand if the was a massive throng of idiots causing problems but there was six of us....!? Sorry Morrissey but as I looked at it we need a little more from you mate you might disagree but to be honest it hurt. I've never missed a concert in the Glasgow/central area be The Smiths or his solo tours, I buy every single, album, vinyl and most importantly I defend him to mates etc who do the usual slagging him off! Come on Morrissey is it too much to ask?

I just wish he would call it a day.
In my opinion, his legacy is being diluted as every year passes. He is just a completely different person/artist to what he once was... I see similarities with Morrissey and Sinatra.
We have the memories and the immortal back catalogue - but it's all just a little embarrasing now. :confused:

doesnt Moz live with Nancy when he is in L.A.? :eek:

As a 40 year old ardent Morrissey fan since hand In Glove was released eon's ago, I was really saddened by the way myself and five others were treated last week after the Thursday night Glasgow Barrowland gig. we waited at the side door in the rain for over an hour.....waiting for him to leave. His black Mercedes was waiting with the engine running 6 bouncers were waiting next to it and obviously Arturo his body guard was around also. Now there was very good banter exchanged between us and the bouncers so they knew we were not there to cause a problem. But when Morrissey did appear we called to him....any chance of a photo or an autograph....but he did not aknowledge us, llok in our direction, say hello....NOTHING! I could understand if the was a massive throng of idiots causing problems but there was six of us....!? Sorry Morrissey but as I looked at it we need a little more from you mate you might disagree but to be honest it hurt. I've never missed a concert in the Glasgow/central area be The Smiths or his solo tours, I buy every single, album, vinyl and most importantly I defend him to mates etc who do the usual slagging him off! Come on Morrissey is it too much to ask?

That sucks.

Glad I'm a U2 fan first. Some bands/artists genuinely care about their fans and make an effort to meet and greet.

And some are just pompous asses, apparently. (Dont worry I still love you Moz).

Tags
mozflu reelcool street dundruff
Back
Top Bottom