Why does Kill Uncle get better and better?

Re: the female equivalent of Morrissey is

don't let those bafoons get to you. plenty of people here agree with you. I don't know what I'd do without Madonna. listening to Erotica right now in fact.

You put another interesting topic now. I heard Vauxhall songs much more times than KU ones... but I remember KU than Vauxhall. I think when Morrissey sang KU he was more attached to the songs someway, he really really felt it. Perhaps this is why the critics were so much against this album in the begining. Perhaps they were not accustomed to hear Morrissey so deeply attached to his songs. After some years, this attachment makes this album a masterpiece. And of course I'm not saying Morrissey is not attached to his other albums, but not the way he was in Kill Uncle.

> I'm so glad other people feel strongly about KU as I do. Listen,
> I know 'Vauxhall and I' is the regarded as the holy grail of
> Mozzer's career, I can listen to each song and say yeah that'
> good etc.

> KU seems to have a much stronger emotional hold over me that is
> inexplicable. I can't get the tunes out of my head!!! I can play
> V&I over and over again, but strangely I'm not obsessed with it
> for some reason. I love 'I Know It's Going To Happen', but even
> then I only play that on special occasions birthdays etc.

> I'm just relieved others feel the exact same way as I do.

A gift to Grease-T

Re: CrackWhore

> Lets see....madonna is a slut

She breaks sexual stereotypes. So does Morrissey.

Madonna has a
> awfull voice,

No she doesn't. And it's improved over time. Like Morrissey.

Madonna hasnt had a
> intelligent thought

Ever read a Madonna interview? She's very articulate. The bold imagery of her art comes from her own brain. She was an excellent student.

in her STD ridden life time,

Madonna preaches safe sex! (and lots of it).

Str.jpg

Re: I knew you wouldn't agree

> Explain how Madonna is depressed. I've never found that to be a
> central theme of her music.

When I was a small depressed child living in a never-ending vortex of misery, I could relate to Madonna. A lot of her songs have a streak of melancholy. Even those 'get up and dance' anthems say 'life is horrible, life is sad, dancing is how you escape'. Those songs about her parents and family aren't exactly cheerful.

> Obnoxious might be a little strong.

the sorrow of the whatever bombing is that mrs thatcher didn't die. other people died though. obnoxious.

And why would that make sexist?

You already know the answer. People don't get upset about Britney Spears because she's just acting out middle-aged men's fantasies. Madonna acts out her own fantasies and makes her own statements and gets slagged for it.

LittleStar-hand-written-lyrics.jpg

Re: I knew you wouldn't agree

> maybe moz should father her next child

People keep on saying that. Her next baby is going to be with Guy whatsisname of Lock Stock n Two smoking barrels fame.

Vanity-Fair-Lourdes.jpg

Back
Top Bottom