Why do YOU not have freedom of speech? Or freedom to wear a badge on TV? - @officalmoz / Twitter

401388C0-BA44-4270-A54E-08F8ABB06FE6.jpeg

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest loss of Morrissey's career was Johnny, not because of the music, but because of his business acumen. His career since the split has been hit or miss, directionless and rudderless.

M0z not having freedom of speech is completely laughable. He has spent a good amount of his solo career railing against record executives and others who were in a position to bring him stardom if he wasn't such a petulant child.

I was looking for a job, and then I found a job
And heaven knows I'm miserable now. Well, ask any successful musical artist and they will tell you it is a job...it is show business after all.

From reading his rantings over the years it is obvious that he has an overblown sense of self-importance. A certain bluster that in one's youth comes across as bravado, but now seems to be merely saturated in self-pity.

In the end, it is and will always be the music. Actions speak louder than words, and good song writing would quiet the biggest of cynics. Pins, tweets, etc. to the contrary.

:rolleyes:

WTF?? having an episode at the shuffle board garden:crazy:???
Good songwriting is ACTION not WORDS!:crazy:

As people have already commented on many many occasions on that Tweet - he has the freedom to wear a badge, and others have the freedom to criticise him for it.That's how freedom of speech works, but he seems to think it's only freedom of speech if people don't get to criticise him.

He's only mad because his revenue is falling for supporting fascists. Tough. People vote with their money.
Freedom to disagree and criticise, yes. Freedom to pull down posters because one cry baby snowflake spastic doesn't share his opinions? No bloody way.

Will poor Morrissey ever have the freedom to speak his mind or wear a tacky badge? Wait a second...

...and in real music news - California Son was released a couple of weeks back. Came and went pretty quickly, didn’t it?

I hear it’s still top-5 in Liberia though!
His music will last a lot longer than your post will.

Freedom to disagree and criticise, yes. Freedom to pull down posters because one cry baby snowflake spastic doesn't share his opinions? No bloody way.

Right, you lost it with that pejorative term there.

Let's not go over old ground here. Private companies, non-public-funded companies, are free to respond to any comment however the hell they like, and there's not a thing you, I or any 'cry baby snowflake spastic' can do about it.

Right, you lost it with that pejorative term there.

Let's not go over old ground here. Private companies, non-public-funded companies, are free to respond to any comment however the hell they like, and there's not a thing you, I or any 'cry baby snowflake spastic' can do about it.
If I lost it with the use of abusive language that means 99% of your posts are 'lost' too. Pot. Kettle. Black.

If I lost it with the use of abusive language that means 99% of your posts are 'lost' too. Pot. Kettle. Black.

You see, your mistake there is conflating my abuse, when I want to do it, with your use of a pejorative term for someone who cannot change who they are. I know when I want to abuse people. I also know that using disabled people as an insult is not right, just as it's not right to use someone's skin colour or sexuality. You used a disability as an insult.

I'm also going to wager a bet that you actually don't mean it, and you're pissed.

You see, your mistake there is conflating my abuse, when I want to do it, with your use of a pejorative term for someone who cannot change who they are. I know when I want to abuse people. I also know that using disabled people as an insult is not right, just as it's not right to use someone's skin colour or sexuality. You used a disability as an insult.

I'm also going to wager a bet that you actually don't mean it, and you're pissed.

:rolleyes:

We know Skinny all insults are A OK as long as its you and the pupps are doing the insulting.:lbf:
You fascist c***s decide who is worthy of insulting and who not MUST NOT:swear
that was how it was in Nazi Germany.:censored:

Wow, Moz is getting absolutely roasted on Twitter. Do you think he loves the negative (or any kind of) attention? Or does he think people are going to stand up and cheer at whatever he says?
Roasted? By Who? Anyone of any significance? Donald Trump? Tim Booth?

He (or his team) need to be careful here, he is getting absolute shit over this post as well with comments like - Morrissey is now officially a mad online twitter guy or This is like reading one of Donald Trumps tweets except its not in upper case. If he carries on he will lucky to sell 800 copies of his next album rather than 8000!

I support Moz, but it is a stupid tweet, he could and did wear the badge, nobody stopped him, so no freedom issue as far as I can see. But freedom of speech in the UK is certainly an issue, our internet social media providers now decide what we should, or should not be allowed to view, with the argument they are private companies which can choose what is or not allowed. This, considering the audience of Facebook/Twitter is a massive percentage of the nation, can only be seen as anything but freedom of speech. Let's face it, if you have an opinion that doesn't suit, you will be blocked, criminal or not, that I think leaves Free Speech for dead. So I get the idea of the tweet, just worded not too well.

Possibly people who are or once were fans of his, I reckon they are significant.
Or possibly by people who never liked him in the first place, or people who just follow whatever the internet wants them to do? Surface, please accept you are insignificant, I have, its a liberating experience.

Roasted? By Who? Anyone of any significance? Donald Trump? Tim Booth?
I will amend this post, by myself of course. Tim Booth is not of any significance, apologies for stating that he was. Any vegetarian who consumes beef is insignificant, I think?

I will amend this post, by myself of course. Tim Booth is not of any significance, apologies for stating that he was. Any vegetarian who consumes beef is insignificant, I think?

Tim is fronting James tonight and playing to 50,000 people in Heaton Park Manchester.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom