Why do people still watch the Kentucky Derby?

Cassius

All the Kentucky Derby is is a gross exploitation of the misuse of the trust animals place in our hands. How is that entertaining?

I was wondering how long it would be before somebody complained about the exploitation of animals in horse racing. ;)

Horse racing can be very exciting (not when a horse must be euthanized on the track of course; that's absolutely devastating). And then there's the untold gambling opportunites on which people can make lots and lots of dough. I didn't bet today, i usually "save" my gambling money for football season.

What is your opinion on Jousting?

Yes, Towelie. Pass Me some of the sweet stuff.

When someone is drawn and quartered, is that cruelty to the horses?

I was wondering how long it would be before somebody complained about the exploitation of animals in horse racing. ;)

Oh, I'm not complaining. ;) I just don't understand the fascination behind it. To me using horses entirely too young to start racing is just cruel, especially since it heightens their risk of injury.

What is your opinion on Jousting?

The problem with the Kentucky Derby is that the horses they use are about three years old. A friend of mine who owns horses says that three years old is entirely too young to start racing. She said that most horses used for show or pleasure are just starting at to train at that age, and that asking a three year old horse to race is like asking a twelve year old child to race at top speed with a smaller child on their back.

Oh, I'm not complaining. ;) I just don't understand the fascination behind it. To me using horses entirely too young to start racing is just cruel, especially since it heightens their risk of injury.

The problem with the Kentucky Derby is that the horses they use are about three years old. A friend of mine who owns horses says that three years old is entirely too young to start racing. She said that most horses used for show or pleasure are just starting at to train at that age, and that asking a three year old horse to race is like asking a twelve year old child to race at top speed with a smaller child on their back.

Oh, your issue is with the Derby specifically and not with Horse Racing in General. I can understand your point of view specifically in that case, however I have not done enough research to either agree or disagree with it.

In regards to jousting, according to the Knights, they must obey the Horses!

When someone is drawn and quartered, is that cruelty to the horses?

If a person is drawn and quartered then I care much more about their rights than the horses. The horses would be the most distant thing from my mind.

I'm more of a humanitarian than an animal rights activist. I leave that to other people. But the Kentucky Derby is pretty disgusting to me.

Oh, your issue is with the Derby specifically and not with Horse Racing in General. I can understand your point of view specifically in that case, however I have not done enough research to either agree or disagree with it.

I honestly do not know enough details about other horse races to form an opinion about them. My issue is with the Kentucky Derby, but if these races are anything like the Kentucky Derby then I don't like them either.

I honestly do not know enough details about other horse races to form an opinion about them. My issue is with the Kentucky Derby, but if these races are anything like the Kentucky Derby then I don't like them either.

I think some races have four year olds. There are now more efforts made to preserve the life of horses after they are done racing than there used to be. Which I think is commendable, at least.

If a person is drawn and quartered then I care much more about their rights than the horses. The horses would be the most distant thing from my mind.

I'm more of a humanitarian than an animal rights activist. I leave that to other people. But the Kentucky Derby is pretty disgusting to me.

So marathons and track meets must be worse?

cos it's people being exploited for entertainment, rather than horses.

Not when it's Katie Holmes running a 5 hour marathon, then the spectators are being exploited.

Are you trying to be silly? :confused:

I hardly think that willingly running on your high school track team compares.

I hated doing the hurdles in PE.

Maybe I'm missing the point. I think that the horses in the Kentucky Derby love to run, and have been bred for it. I pay no attention to it though, so maybe there is something bad about it that I don't know.

I'd concentrate on the wild horses that are being slaughtered in horrible conditions and being turned into dog food.

I hated doing the hurdles in PE.

Understandably. Plus, you aren't a girl so you can't fake your period.

Maybe I'm missing the point. I think that the horses in the Kentucky Derby love to run, and have been bred for it. I pay no attention to it though, so maybe there is something bad about it that I don't know.

Well you are most certainly entitled to your opinion.

I'd concentrate on the wild horses that are being slaughtered in horrible conditions and being turned into dog food.

Like I said, I leave that to the real activists. I'm merely posting my thoughts concerning the Kentucky Derby.

Understandably. Plus, you aren't a girl so you can't fake your period.

If I were a PE Teacher, I would definitely require proof before falling for that excuse.

NOT that kind of proof. Something like a doctor's note. Perhaps even documentation stating which dates the person is unavailable to participate. As a future educator, I'm always thinking of ways to outsmart the students.

NOT that kind of proof. Something like a doctor's note. Perhaps even documentation stating which dates the person is unavailable to participate. As a future educator, I'm always thinking of ways to outsmart the students.

Three problems:

One.) Most people don't go to the doctor everytime they are on their period.

Two.) The date of a girl's period is subject to change. Some girls have irregular periods and are unable to tell when they are about to menustrate.

Three.) What kind of documentation?

Tags
animal cruelty animal rights
Back
Top Bottom