Why did Morrissey "save" your life?

I don't understand why some people say Morrissey saved them?

Because some people are weak and pathetic and will turn to anything to give their life some kind of meaning...no matter how ridiculous it is.

Anybody who says anything along the lines of "Morrissey saved my life" or "Morrissey saved our lives" or any variation thereof is a total wank with a lot of personal issues.

Because some people are weak and pathetic and will turn to anything to give their life some kind of meaning...no matter how ridiculous it is.

I dont consider people weak and pathetic who have been thru some real terrible times and darkness ect and who turn 2 other people for inspiration and light !
If fact there quite clever as they heal themselves from there pain and suffering ect
And it just so happens that 4 sum morrissey just happens 2 be there "healer" and "saved there lives" just as he was and allways will be with me ! :)

I dont consider people weak and pathetic who have been thru some real terrible times and darkness ect and who turn 2 other people for inspiration and light !
If fact there quite clever as they heal themselves from there pain and suffering ect
And it just so happens that 4 sum morrissey just happens 2 be there "healer" and "saved there lives" just as he was and allways will be with me ! :)

yea but its stoopid 2 think that sum pop celbraty cud have da power 2 change sombodys life. Like if u like a song or a band that is 1 thing but 2 say 'o this muzik changed me or saved me' like the way a singer or a doktor or teecher or reel-life frend well thats just silly and usually iz a way of xcaping into a fantasy so u dont hafta deal with ur own realty

yea but its stoopid 2 think that sum pop celbraty cud have da power 2 change sombodys life. Like if u like a song or a band that is 1 thing but 2 say 'o this muzik changed me or saved me' like the way a singer or a doktor or teecher or reel-life frend well thats just silly and usually iz a way of xcaping into a fantasy so u dont hafta deal with ur own realty

Wow! Ur goood at thiis!

Oh u think your so clever ! :( (think we all know who is one of kristeens 3 !)

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - so thank u for that above post ! :)

Im quite sure we will get some proper and sensible replys 2 this topic instead of that absolute crap above which ive just quoted, as 2 why morrissey saved there lives! :)

Last edited:
Anybody who says anything along the lines of "Morrissey saved my life" or "Morrissey saved our lives" or any variation thereof is a total wank with a lot of personal issues.

"Morrissey saved my life." I wrote in to SYL and made that statement twenty odd years ago. I'm not ashamed of it. I don't feel weak or pathetic because of it. I had other people in my life at the time who also helped, but Morrissey's music was quite healing when I really needed someone I could connect to. It's fine if you think I'm a wank. Truth is, though, I'm not. I see things a little differently now as I'm older, but I do feel that I owe a lot to Morrissey's lyrics for getting me through some really tough times.

"Morrissey saved my life." I wrote in to SYL and made that statement twenty odd years ago. I'm not ashamed of it. I don't feel weak or pathetic because of it. I had other people in my life at the time who also helped, but Morrissey's music was quite healing when I really needed someone I could connect to. It's fine if you think I'm a wank. Truth is, though, I'm not. I see things a little differently now as I'm older, but I do feel that I owe a lot to Morrissey's lyrics for getting me through some really tough times.

:clap: Very well put.

I don't think you're a wank; I don't even know you. I don't really care if he saved your life or not. I just personally don't think that way anymore, at 36.

I love his music...well, most of it. That's it. End of story. I don't get religious about it anymore. And any impulse I still have to do so gets crushed whenever I think of anything he's said or done in the last five years.

:thumb: .....

Last edited:
Morrissey saved my life...... :p

Some people worry too much about other people.
My nephew is like that, he's terrible, but I still love him.

Shouldn't this have been called "why do YOU SAY Morrissey saved your life"...?

The way it's worded kind of assumes that it's all indisputable fact...

I listened to The Smiths when I was in bad depression for months. I'm not sure The Smiths saved me (although I sometimes like to think they did as that was the time when I first started listening to "The Very Best Of")...I think the Missus helped me more though.

I wouldn't say 'saved' but I certainly use it for a bit of escapism in the evenings. I can relate to a lot of the lyrics and I find them very uplifting at times. It helps that I enjoy Morrissey's voice. I have played his music to friends and family and the look I get from most of them is disdain and confusion. I like the music and I can feel it so I guess in some way it has 'saved' me. But not just Morrissey.. music in general I guess. And not 'saved' in like a life saving kind of way. More of like a 'saved from boredom and the certain feelings and emotions I get from music' kind of way. That probably makes little sense..

tumblr_maftj80uzM1qkfsc1o1_500.gif

I cannot say M. saved my life, that would be an exaggeration, but he somehow helped me through a deep depression phase. It was not only the lyrics but also his persona that made feel not so bad about myself and the loneliness. It was ages, ages ago. But I owe him.

I think when people say 'saved' they are being a little overly dramatic, although if they literally mean it then that is fine. What is wrong with having a strong connection to music which you need to keep you grounded. For me, that is exactly what Morrissey/The Smiths have done for me, keep me grounded, along with other music. I am really passionate about music so whenever I listen to it I can escape into it, immerse myself in it and it's a nice thing to do when you're down and you want to forget everything. Perhaps not life saving, but it definately saves my sanity.

Back
Top Bottom