Why can't you just_____??!!?

For instance...

Alan is an intelligent man in his mid forties. He has a very nice phone with a very fancy keyboard.
There is no reason he cannot type, "What are you doing tonight?" in lieu of "what r u doing 2nite?"
I can barely stand it another moment. I will not answer him.
This is why I will die alone. I will be an old woman living with German Shepherds. Drinking wine, listening to Morrissey, and still complaining about him not showing up to the gigs where I traveled to see him.

Why can't you just take a zannie?

For instance...

Alan is an intelligent man in his mid forties. He has a very nice phone with a very fancy keyboard.
There is no reason he cannot type, "What are you doing tonight?" in lieu of "what r u doing 2nite?"
I can barely stand it another moment. I will not answer him.
This is why I will die alone. I will be an old woman living with German Shepherds. Drinking wine, listening to Morrissey, and still complaining about him not showing up to the gigs where I traveled to see him.

That sort of text shorthand is VERY annoying. I especially dislike 2night. All told, he eliminated 5 keystrokes. Real time saver. It's understandable if someone's using a tracphone or something and has to press each number button how ever many times to get the letter they want- 5 letters in that instance would eat up some time. If you've got a keyboard there's no excuse.
I half expect devices in our lifetime that will translate brainwaves into text messages. If it comes to pass I think you should make allowances for your dogs to use that kind of shorthand.
:)

Last edited:
It destroys the scene, but it is the premise of the movie, great movie, I love it.

I've never seen it. I don't like Brad Pitt but, truthfully, I almost always like the roles he plays and the movies he's in. I'm like that with pancakes as well. I NEVER want pancakes but when circumstances dictate that I eat them I always enjoy them and usual go for seconds. So I guess I do like Brad Pitt but not so much the idea of Brad Pitt (if that makes any sense whatsoever!)

I've never seen it. I don't like Brad Pitt but, truthfully, I almost always like the roles he plays and the movies he's in. I'm like that with pancakes as well. I NEVER want pancakes but when circumstances dictate that I eat them I always enjoy them and usual go for seconds. So I guess I do like Brad Pitt but not so much the idea of Brad Pitt (if that makes any sense whatsoever!)

Have you seen the Coen brothers' Burn After Reading with Pitt? He is hilarious and brilliant. He does comedy flawlessly. Better than leading man. If you have not seen it, I recommend it. Might just change your mind about Pitt.

Why don't (sic) you just go get some sleep?

Have you seen the Coen brothers' Burn After Reading with Pitt? He is hilarious and brilliant. He does comedy flawlessly. Better than leading man. If you have not seen it, I recommend it. Might just change your mind about Pitt.

I have seen it and he was funny in it. His bit part in True Romance killed too!

... just be as grateful as I would have been had someone rescued me ?

Bitter and terrible but , f*** , how quickly must a person's neuroses leapfrog their sanity ?

Why must I still reassure after having perpetually , endlessly , patiently , paid attention ? Yeah , she's lovely , but who's had the worse year ? Why don't others operate according to Marx's perspective - " ... from each according to their worth , to each according to their need ... " ?

... just be as grateful as I would have been had someone rescued me ?

Bitter and terrible but , f*** , how quickly must a person's neuroses leapfrog their sanity ?

Why must I still reassure after having perpetually , endlessly , patiently , paid attention ? Yeah , she's lovely , but who's had the worse year ? Why don't others operate according to Marx's perspective - " ... from each according to their worth , to each according to their need ... " ?

Because it's a state where some are the most comfortable.

Because it's a state where some are the most comfortable.

I am not sure of that, really. What is love? When you see qualities in someone that you like, makes you laugh. The hard part comes when you are plain. How could you hold the attention? You think this and just (try) to give the love the best you know how.

I am not sure of that, really. What is love? When you see qualities in someone that you like, makes you laugh. The hard part comes when you are plain. How could you hold the attention? You think this and just (try) to give the love the best you know how.

Do you feel plain Misguided Angel? Is that why you think you couldn't hold on to your person?

Back
Top Bottom