Why can't Obama plug the damn hole?

Theo

"Did you plug the hole yet, daddy?" :lbf:

MSNBC is showing prison documentaries all weekend, so you have to go to FOX and CNN to see that the Obama/BP "Top Kill" plan failed. I dunno, I thought the golf balls were gonna plug that sucker up for good.

Now they're working on Plan G. :thumb:

political-pictures-barack-obama-chill-out-got-this.jpg

obama_superman_awesome.jpg

This whole situation has me fired the eff up!

I mean, freaking A, its been over a month and you f-nuts at BP still can't figure out a way to stop this effing thing?!?!?!?

I was just reading that the Soviets have had success in nuking several wells like this....its getting to that point.....just f'ing nuke the effer!

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ix-9A7O9Phg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ix-9A7O9Phg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mopkn0lPzM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mopkn0lPzM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This whole situation has me fired the eff up!

I mean, freaking A, its been over a month and you f-nuts at BP still can't figure out a way to stop this effing thing?!?!?!?

I was just reading that the Soviets have had success in nuking several wells like this....its getting to that point.....just f'ing nuke the effer!

I was saying that to someone last night when I was drunk. "When all else fails, use nukes!" But I had no idea that that idea was really on the table! :eek: It's come down to BP having no better ideas that a stupid f***er in a bar in Cleveland? I mean, the guy I was talking to was going on about how maybe New Orleans is being punished by God for all their sins.....

CNN is apparently the go-to channel for the oil leak today, but it's pretty f***ing depressing to watch their live shots of the leak just going and going and going. Man oh man. Drilling in ANWR would've been a lot safer....

Anyway, the lovely beaches of Lake Erie are oil free, so you all can feel free to divert your vacation plans up here! :)

And with that, I am off to enjoy the fine weather in Ohio. I'll be getting my Colt 45 and smokes at Speedway instead of the BP station. That'll show 'em. :mad:

Last edited:
P.S. I see on Drudge that Bill Maher is a racist:

HBO's Bill Maher: "I thought when we elected a black president, we were going to get a black president. You know, this [BP oil spill] is where I want a real black president. I want him in a meeting with the BP CEOs, you know, where he lifts up his shirt where you can see the gun in his pants. That's -- (in black man voice) we've got a 'motherfu**ing problem here?' Shoot somebody in the foot."

Looks like Bill shot himself in the foot there. :lbf:

It's okay for Bill Maher to be a racist, because he votes for Democrats. :thumb:

Last edited:
Today it said in the paper that the "White House is prepared for the worst." Obviously not. Obviously empty words to match Reagan's "Mistakes were made", Bush's "Mission Accomplished", and Clinton's "I take full responsibility" following the deaths of the innocent children at Waco.

Offshore drilling is obviously not safe, especially when companies don't take the best safety measures available.

This oil spill is a perfect representation of Obama's presidency. This high-tech operation promising huge benefits, turns into a toxic mishandled mess, and it just keeps getting worse. He needs to be a one-term president.

Rudy Giuliani comments:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ds2CFFa2adQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ds2CFFa2adQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Well said. And good point at the end there. If BP are criminals, why are the criminals in charge of the crime scene?

Obama as president has not been able to find anyone in the world who can fix this and it's been months.

Bush spent 7 years looking for bin Laden and found nothing.

Let's try to keep some perspective here.

Neither can be blamed. Obama can't swim 5000 feet down and use a torch and close the hole. Bush couldn't put on a back-pack and grab and m-16 and go get OBL out of a cave.

I don't see the genius faction of the right lining up with answers to stop the spill, just lining up to point fingers.

Where is Kanye West? If the president isn't doing enough he should be saying Obama doesn't care about black people.

Don't believe the hype.

This is not a left/right or gop/dems or any other kind of thing.

If anyone in the world had an idea how to make this work they'd be listened too.

The fault isn't Obama's, it's the fault of this entire sociopolitical system which has put profit above all else. The notion of a publicly held company, owned by remote shareholders, managed by highly paid executives who are bound by law to serve shareholders, even at their own expense, is a recipe for disaster. Instead of a cupcake, you get, "I'm gonna f*** you up the ass. Hard. But then I'll give you some money."

Obama is just a paid tool. The democrat was going to win, even if he was black. Hilary would have won. But I don't think there will be another Democratic party member in the White House for a long time. Not because of anything Democrats believe, but because they don't stand up for what they supposedly believe. Do you want a red lollipop, or a blue one? They both taste the same. They're like Superman ice cream. It's impossible to convince anyone that Superman ice cream doesn't have a flavor, but it's just vanilla, plus dye. Blaming Obama is like robbing the pimply nineteen year old at the register of the gas station when it is robbed.

Let me tell you, there is nothing funnier than listening to a mergers and acquisitions banker complaining about how out-of-touch his colleagues are, how privileged and spoiled. This, after he was reamed out by the lone woman who has risen above associate level. I'm working in a big international investment bank. It's been... more pathetic than anything.

If anyone in the world had an idea how to make this work they'd be listened too.

Why do you think this? Simple optimism? BP controls access to the site, and they've sternly rebuffed major scientists who've expressed interest in studying the problem. They are even trying to prevent the press from interacting with fishermen.

As James Cameron (and mock him if you like, but he merely offered them underwater monitoring equipment that he's spent his life developing) said, it is a crime scene, and access to the crime scene is currently controlled by the criminal.

Well, I know the mainstream media continues to try and help Obama on this one, even though he's proving that he's completely lacking as a leader and has done everything wrong. If George W. Bush were the Prez and responded to this catastrophe the way Obama has, they'd already be well on their way to impeaching him.

Yes, folks, it's time for another update. Here we are, June 20th, and that damn hole is still not plugged.

And a lot of the damning stories about President Obama's leadership in this crisis are still being kept hush-hush.

For example, did you hear about this one:

U.S. and BP slow to accept Dutch expertise

Three days after the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico, the Dutch government offered to help.

It was willing to provide ships outfitted with oil-skimming booms, and it proposed a plan for building sand barriers to protect sensitive marshlands.

The response from the Obama administration and BP, which are coordinating the cleanup: “The embassy got a nice letter from the administration that said, ‘Thanks, but no thanks,'” said Geert Visser, consul general for the Netherlands in Houston.

“What's wrong with accepting outside help?” Visser asked. “If there's a country that's experienced with building dikes and managing water, it's the Netherlands.”

Even if, three days after the rig exploded, it seemed as if the Dutch equipment and expertise wasn't needed, wouldn't it have been better to accept it, to err on the side of having too many resources available rather than not enough?

BP has been inundated with well-intentioned cleanup suggestions, but the Dutch offer was different. It came through official channels, from a government offering to share its demonstrated expertise.

More here: Obama blocked clean-up of BP oil spill by America's allies; Failed to issue timely Jones Act waiver

Crucial offers to help clean up BP’s oil spill came “from Belgian, Dutch, and Norwegian firms that . . . possess some of the world’s most advanced oil skimming ships.” But the Obama administration didn’t accept their help, because doing so would require it to do something past presidents have routinely done: waive rules imposed by the Jones Act, a law backed by unions.

“The BP clean-up effort in the Gulf of Mexico is hampered by the Jones Act. This is a piece of 1920s protectionist legislation, that requires all vessels working in U.S. waters to be American-built, and American-crewed. So" the U.S. Coast Guard "can’t accept, and therefore don’t ask for, the assistance of high-tech European vessels specifically designed for the task in hand.”

The law itself permits the president to waive these requirements, and such waivers were “granted, promptly, by the Bush administration,” in the aftermath of hurricanes and other emergencies. But Obama refused to do so after the spill, notes David Warren in the Ottawa Citizen. Instead, Obama rejected a Dutch offer to help clean up the spill, noted Voice of America News:

"The Obama administration declined the Dutch offer partly because of the Jones Act, which restricts foreign ships from certain activities in U.S. waters. During the Hurricane Katrina crisis five years ago, the Bush administration waived the Jones Act in order to facilitate some foreign assistance, but such a waiver was not given in this case."

“After the Obama administration refused help from the Netherlands, Geert Visser, the consul general for the Netherlands in Houston, told Loren Steffy: ‘Let’s forget about politics; let’s get it done.’” But for Obama, politics always comes first: “The explanation of Obama’s reluctance to seek this remedy is his cozy relationship with labor unions. . . ‘The unions see it [not waiving the act] as … protecting jobs. They hate when the Jones Act gets waived.’”

And let's not forget this:

U.S. Said to Allow Drilling Without Needed Permits

The federal Minerals Management Service gave permission to BP and dozens of other oil companies to drill in the Gulf of Mexico without first getting required permits from another agency that assesses threats to endangered species — and despite strong warnings from that agency about the impact the drilling was likely to have on the gulf.

Those approvals, federal records show, include one for the well drilled by the Deepwater Horizon rig, which exploded on April 20, killing 11 workers and resulting in thousands of barrels of oil spilling into the gulf each day.

More here:

The President does, in fact, share in the blame.... Last spring...the M.M.S. granted BP all sorts of exemptions from environmental regulations. Ironically, one of these exemptions allowed the company to drill the Deepwater Horizon well without adhering to the standards set by NEPA.

And BTW: In Gulf Spill, BP Using Dispersants Banned in U.K.

P.S. Obama biggest recipient of BP cash

Oops, I'm sorry, I think we were supposed to forget that the damn leak hasn't been plugged yet.

leakywelljpg-4ddbf99d44caf0ae.jpg

But I'm afraid the news just gets worse:

Overlooked BP oil spill problem: Well gushes vast amounts of methane, could create Gulf 'dead zones'

It is an overlooked danger in oil spill crisis: The crude gushing from the well contains vast amounts of natural gas that could pose a serious threat to the Gulf of Mexico's fragile ecosystem.

The oil emanating from the seafloor contains about 40 percent methane, compared with about 5 percent found in typical oil deposits, said John Kessler, a Texas A&M University oceanographer who is studying the impact of methane from the spill.

That means huge quantities of methane have entered the Gulf, scientists say, potentially suffocating marine life and creating "dead zones" where oxygen is so depleted that nothing lives.

"This is the most vigorous methane eruption in modern human history," Kessler said.

BTW:

Obama hits golf course with Biden on another hot, humid weekend
06/19/10 03:37 PM ET

President Barack Obama hit the golf course Saturday with Vice President Joe Biden.

But he did finally meet with the CEO of BP!

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6urJsX3KX4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6urJsX3KX4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I just blew my lid after hearing a US Government spokesman on TV saying that the BP boss had committed a PR gaffe by being seen on a boat with his son. "I think we can all conclude what his priorities are" said the spokesman.

Point 1 - f*** you Mr Spokesman, and don't presume to speak for me. "I think we can all conclude...?" f*** you.

Point 2 - What exactly do they want him to do in the moments he has with his family? Tossers. Maybe they'll say time spent taking a shit could have been time spent at the well-head.

Arsehole.

Tags
plugmyholetheo theoplugsholes
Back
Top Bottom