why cant americans do punk properly?

They can't? :confused:
IggyPop.jpeg

508225_356x237.jpg

ramones-rocket-alt2.gif

We're so booooored of the USA!!!

Pretzel? What kind of logic is that......

Its not "logic" dumb ass, its punk rock. Thats what this particular thread is about right? And physically, mentally, lyrically, and musically, Henry Rollins could wrap that little "right place at the right time" red headed bitch up like a pretzel, 25 yrs ago, and today.

Also, We're so booooooored with whiney little ass leaches.

Its not "logic" dumb ass, its punk rock. Thats what this particular thread is about right? And physically, mentally, lyrically, and musically, Henry Rollins could wrap that little "right place at the right time" red headed bitch up like a pretzel, 25 yrs ago, and today.

Also, We're so booooooored with whiney little ass leaches.

It's 'pretzelogic' actually, but never mind.

25 years ago it was 1982 and England had moved on a long long long way from punk. But never mind.
There's a hole in your argument dear Henry dear Henry...

Cyrinda Fox did punk properly. And let's hear it for Lisa Robinson.

Nobody really thinks Blink 182 is punk. That's why they're called bubblegum punk.

Husker Du
Youth Brigade
Minor Threat
Fugazi
Suicidal Tendencies
Septic Death
Drunk Injuns
Los Olividados
Minutemen
Misfits
Samhain
Circle Jerks
D.R.I.
7 Seconds
Dead Kennedys
Bad Religion

That's American punk you can take to the bank.

I agree with everyone you've given.. also adding Rancid and to an extent NOFX.. No one takes Blink 182 seriously as a punk band. Come on, I heard some DJ talking about Busted having their 'punkier elements' a few years back, so we're no better. Busted are a child's band here and I don't think Blink 182 are exactly worshipped by adults either!

25 years ago it was 1982 and England had moved on a long long long way from punk. But never mind.

Tell that to The Clash, GBH, The Exploited, etc. ... all very much alive and well in 1982. But ok, the Sex Pistols are better then anything America ever had to offer I guess is your argument because I'm trying really hard to think of any other influential UK PUNK band from the 70s. Name a few for me.

Tell that to The Clash, GBH, The Exploited, etc. ... all very much alive and well in 1982. But ok, the Sex Pistols are better then anything America ever had to offer I guess is your argument because I'm trying really hard to think of any other influential UK PUNK band from the 70s. Name a few for me.

By the 1980s The Clash were no longer 'punks'.
Albums such as Combat Rock and Sandinista were not punk records.

Grow up, they did.

As for the UK punk bands... I would have to list my faves as:

Sex Pistols
The Clash
Slaughter and the dogs
Jilted John
John the Postman
Buzzcocks
Victim
Hoax
Nolans
Sid Snot
Toyah

Okay, one or two of them are not strictly punks, but by the USA standard they probably would be if they spiked their hair and pretended not to have rich parents.

By the 1980s The Clash were no longer 'punks'.
Albums such as Combat Rock and Sandinista were not punk records.

Grow up, they did.

As for the UK punk bands... I would have to list my faves as:

Sex Pistols
The Clash
Slaughter and the dogs
Jilted John
John the Postman
Buzzcocks
Victim
Hoax
Nolans
Sid Snot
Toyah

Okay, one or two of them are not strictly punks, but by the USA standard they probably would be if they spiked their hair and pretended not to have rich parents.

I will admit The Sex Pistols are more influential, but I disagree that they are better then US bands like Bad Brains, Black Flag, Minor Threat, etc.

I did want to make a point too that I believe UK music in general blows American stuff away completely. I'll give you that. 75% of my music collection is UK bands. No argument there. The majority of US music sucks, but I just believe the punk is much better. But I have no problem checking out some of the bands you listed if you promise to do the same.

And stop talking about rich kids and all that BS. Thats pop music here, anyone over the age of 20 doesnt consider that crap punk and I'm not using Green Day, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, etc, in my argument. Their not punk.

Check out: Bad Brains, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Minutemen, Suicidal Tendicies, Agent Orange, Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Bad Religion

Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten X?

Punk was a movement. Like reggae. Reggae is horrible today, punk is horrible today. It was a period in time where the stars were properly aligned.

The Sex Pistols could only have made 1 album. They did their whole schtick on their only record. What would their follow up have been? A double album with an orchestra?

You have to be in your teens or early 20s to make punk rock. As you get older, you get a greater appreciation for music. That's why the Clash's later albums are so heavily influenced by reggae and hip hop. That's why the later Minutemen albums were so jazzy. That's why the later X albums are so bluesy and country.

ramones
iggy & the stooges
rites of spring
Minor Threat
Black Flag
Bad Religion
Dead Kennedys
Operation Ivy
Husker Du
Fugazi
7 Seconds

they're all lightyears a head of the pistols. nice to see that there are other hardcore kids surfing this website.
and as for the clash, they only come second to the ramones. second best british band everrrrrr...better than the beatles and the stones combined.

god i miss joey and joe.

Without Americans There would be no punk!
Without Americans There would be no Rock N Roll!
It started in America we shared it with the rest of the world.
Americans that aren't completely ignorant know Blink 182 is not punk.
Most of us are not as much of an idiot as our leader. Most of us hate our president. America is not the world, but neither is The U.K. .

what about the wipers? what about jonathan richman!!!???
jonathan richman is the howard devoto of route 128!!!!

none of you give greg sage the props he deserves.

i have a soft spot for the cupid car club

and the nation of ulysees.

Back
Top Bottom