Why am I seeing posts from 'Anonymous'?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback / Suggestions' started by Halloway, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Halloway

Halloway Active Member

I have 'Unregistered Users' in my Ignore list but lately I've noticed that posts from 'Anonymous' are visible. Why is this? I'm sure that anonymous users used to be invisible. I did try adding 'Anonymous' as a user to my ignore list but that didn't work.

2. Halloway

Halloway Active Member

Whilst I am here, there also seem to be some users that have profiles that cannot be viewed and similarly cannot be added to the Ignore list. If I type their names into the Ignore list I just get a "The following members could not be found" message.

3. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Premium

Thanks for pointing out the issue. A security patch was applied a couple days ago which overwrote the anonymous ignore feature. I’ll add it back in later today.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Halloway

Halloway Active Member

Thanks David.

5. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Premium

Fix should be in place now and anonymous users should be ignored if you enabled that. Good to know someone is actually using this feature!

For the users that can't be added to the Ignore list, it's possible they are actually anonymous but changed their name to something else. The restored fix should include these users.

• Informative Informative x 1