Who's watched the Johnny Depp Sweeny Todd movie?

The Seeker of Good Songs

What was your thoughts on it?

I have. It looked very nice, but don't all Tim Burton movies? Some good musical arrangements, the acting was good from all involved, but I found the whole thing forgettable and average.

I saw it in the theater, and when it came out on DVD I bought it, along with the soundtrack. I liked it a lot.

I have. It looked very nice, but don't all Tim Burton movies? Some good musical arrangements, the acting was good from all involved, but I found the whole thing forgettable and average.

I totally agree with you. Plus in Hungary they forgot to tell that the movie is a musical and people thought it was a horror movie, so they started leaving after 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

I saw it in the theater, and when it came out on DVD I bought it, along with the soundtrack. I liked it a lot.

Obsession-For-GM.jpg

Coiff.

It's a typical Burton set-piece. It's like a big piece of nasty candy, dripping blood and lace. Which is utterly delicious, but if you don't appreciate the Burton aesthetic... it stumbles a little.

I loved it.

I loved it. Helena Bonham Carter cannot sing, but Johnny Depp did not disappoint. I even bought the hardback book from the movie, and the deluxe soundtrack. (I have a thing for soundtracks.)

What was your thoughts on it?
I can't stand musicals, but I gave it a chance and liked it. Johnny Depp, Victorian England, madness, revenge, tragedy....ahhh. I found the ending unsatisfying, which only added to my appreciation. Helena's singing was a bit grating, but she was fab anyway...
I don't know if I would have liked it with anyone other than Depp starring...
:horny:

Oh God, if we could combine them?!!! ...:horny::eek::confused::sweet::pray::clap:

I can't stand musicals, but I gave it a chance and liked it. Johnny Depp, Victorian England, madness, revenge, tragedy....ahhh. I found the ending unsatisfying, which only added to my appreciation. Helena's singing was a bit grating, but she was fab anyway...
I don't know if I would have liked it with anyone other than Depp starring...
:horny:

What you said.

I just adored the ending, however - that last shot was gorgeous. Burton tends to be a bit too twee for me, but he got an edge back for this one.

Helena was absolutely ravishing (though her voice did grate), and Johnny Depp was even better than I thought he would be. The tight vest, those trousers, that hair, the makeup, that world-weary/sick-unto-death/nihilistic/angry/faraway look in his eyes... :horny:

I loathe Sondheim, but that first song, "No Place Like London," was very well done.

I really should buy the DVD.

Tags
anybody want something? i'm hungry
Back
Top Bottom