who's still looking for lodging in NYC????

nugz

SUPAHSTAR!
Ok, so I'm a big fat procrastinator and I'm still trying to find out exactly where I'm staying all week in NYC. I live in Jerz, but south jerz, so commuting every day would be impossible. I'm taking the whole week off from work, so I want to stay in the city all week. hotels are super expensive, I won't stay in a hostel, and I have an acquaintance in Brooklyn that i contacted, but Im still waiting to hear back. that being said, it looked as though the best options are sublets through craigslist. just browsing the past few days I saw some places that looked really decent, and completely affordable if split among 2 or 3 people, even apartments right near Times Square and such. for example I saw one just now thats 160 a day, big apt, right near Times Square. 1 bedroom and a pullout couch in the livingroom. that would easily accomodate 3 people.

is anyone interesting in getting a sublet with me? preferably someone who is familiar with NYC, as I've only been there a few times and really dont know my way around. I would also prefer females, just so things arent "weird" but I suppose if you seemed okay enough, and I was desperate enough, I'd make an exception for a dude.

anyway, if this sounds good at all, please PM me ASAP. also, it seems as though most of the apartments are non-smoking. which i can deal with, i'll go outside. but i AM a smoker, and I'll probably be drinking almost everynight, as its my main form of entertainment, so if youre straightedge and hate cigarette smoke you might wanna pass. but other than that, I'm awesome and easy to get along with, so room with me!!! :D

oh yeah, and i'm a meat-eater, so if youre a veggie, i dont care, but if you dont like to watch people eat meat, youd probably not wanna room with me

Last edited:
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/433520047.html

I just saw this on craigslist. it was just put up. its available the exact week Moz is in town. a queen size bed and queen size pullout. would be perfect for 4 but could most likely squeeze 5. everyone I talk to seems to be trying to squeeze 5 people in a hotel, but an apt would be so much more spacious. it looks really nice from the pics. I'm gonna email them and see whats up. im really interested in this. nice location as well. who wants to get this with me????

Depending on the price, I might be interested. . .is that $215/day? Split 4 - 5 ways that might work for me. I am waiting to hear about a free place to stay, but it's in Brooklyn. . . And how fun would it be to share w/ mozzoloers? Super fun.

I will not be staying in NYC Weds and Thurs nights, though. . .I have small kiddos and will be traveling back home to Boston during the break.

--jeniphir

Depending on the price, I might be interested. . .is that $215/day? Split 4 - 5 ways that might work for me. I am waiting to hear about a free place to stay, but it's in Brooklyn. . . And how fun would it be to share w/ mozzoloers? Super fun.

I will not be staying in NYC Weds and Thurs nights, though. . .I have small kiddos and will be traveling back home to Boston during the break.

--jeniphir

I got a reply back. she said it was definitely available. she asked how many would be staying so im waiting to hear back from some people before i give her a final answer. yes, im assuming 215/day. also, if youre leaving for a couple days, im sure there would be an extra person or two that might wanna crash during the weekend, which would make up the difference for anyone not there in the middle of the week.

if i get at least 3 other people that are interested, i will email her back and get ALL the details and set everything up. i considered other places, but like you said, an apt full of solo'ers would be super fun i think!

let me know ASAP. and that goes for everyone, cmon guys, lets get this. it would be fun!! between 4-5 people thats 300-350 a person for the whole week, NOT BAD AT ALL. if she says theres a 4 or 5 person maximum, i dont see why we couldnt squeeze an extra person or two for the weekend. we can be sneaky. so yes, let me know!!! :D

I just found a hostel that looks pretty cool. Here is the link...

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/NewYorkCityHostel-NewYork-18664

we can get a room with 6 or more beds in it for everyone...it's $35-$40 a night and only a few blocks from the venue...they only do 7 nights max, though...we may have to find somewhere else to stay for the last sunday night...unless we can talk to someone when we get there. i couldn't find a phone #.

I just found a hostel that looks pretty cool. Here is the link...

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/NewYorkCityHostel-NewYork-18664

we can get a room with 6 or more beds in it for everyone...it's $35-$40 a night and only a few blocks from the venue...they only do 7 nights max, though...we may have to find somewhere else to stay for the last sunday night...unless we can talk to someone when we get there. i couldn't find a phone #.

it said you needed a passport though. i dont know about everyone else, but i dont have one. :o

edit: ok i just re-read it. it says international passports. we have to be coming from another country to stay there, im pretty sure.

Last edited:
i think you only need a passport if you don't have a valid US drivers license..or credit card...i could be wrong.

Hey everyone, I am not going to the NYC shows(i'm in Floirda);however, I travel often to NYC. When I'm not staying with friends, I usually find a place on Craigs List(if you want to house like 4 or 5 people, I reccommend just finding a decent size space like the one above, only 1 or 2 people meeting the person to exchange key/payment, and then the rest of the people coming in a little later. Otherwise, people tend to want to charge everyone or wont even let you stay at all) , or the Pod Hotel(http://www.thepodhotel.com/) or The Gershwin(http://www.gershwinhotel.com/english/site1.html), both are (semi)affordable.

Hope this helps! Good luck and have fun!

Hey everyone, I am not going to the NYC shows(i'm in Floirda);however, I travel often to NYC. When I'm not staying with friends, I usually find a place on Craigs List(if you want to house like 4 or 5 people, I reccommend just finding a decent size space like the one above, only 1 or 2 people meeting the person to exchange key/payment, and then the rest of the people coming in a little later. Otherwise, people tend to want to charge everyone or wont even let you stay at all) , or the Pod Hotel(http://www.thepodhotel.com/) or The Gershwin(http://www.gershwinhotel.com/english/site1.html), both are (semi)affordable.

Hope this helps! Good luck and have fun!

hey Chad, since youre familiar with subletting, I am also corresponding with someone about THIS place. the other place ended up seeming a little shady. this seemed legit. but i think it would only be for 3 people max. but its cheaper than the other place. for 3 people it would be about 373 for the whole week. this goes for anyone else checking it out and who would be interested.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/sub/434196063.html

look decent?

Quick note... we (myself and coworker friends) were sitting around a computer the other day at work. I mentioned that I was going to one of the NYC shows and it led to the fact that some of you were looking at Hostels.

We are all people who are in Midtown to Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn everyday. We all shook our heads at the crazy idea that some of you have of staying in hostels. Then we started laughing. Then we realized that some of you are serious.

Seriously reconsider. Step up the cash and get a hotel room. It may be more expensive... But tis' not a hostel.

Please be careful.

Quick note... we (myself and coworker friends) were sitting around a computer the other day at work. I mentioned that I was going to one of the NYC shows and it led to the fact that some of you were looking at Hostels.

We are all people who are in Midtown to Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn everyday. We all shook our heads at the crazy idea that some of you have of staying in hostels. Then we started laughing. Then we realized that some of you are serious.

Seriously reconsider. Step up the cash and get a hotel room. It may be more expensive... But tis' not a hostel.

Please be careful.

Buzzetta, i agree with you. i totally dont wanna stay in a hostel. im a little wary of the sublet thing but it seems more convenient than a hotel. and sometimes cheaper. what would you suggest, and do you know of any friends or reliable people that do sublets that you could vouch for?

I am surprised that you are not doing NJ Transit to tell the truth. I take a train an hour each way from LI to get into Midtown to go to Brooklyn. 1:15 each way is my queit nap time (so I can do things like post on a message board at 1am). Anyhow... if you know of some people on here that you trust... there are hotels along the Babylon branch of the LI Railroad in Massapequa Park, Merrick, Rockville Centre that are reasonable. Then you could hop the LIRR to Penn and walk to the venue from there.

That's if you are all staying. If so there are many places on LI and in NYC to go and see.

I am surprised that you are not doing NJ Transit to tell the truth. I take a train an hour each way from LI to get into Midtown to go to Brooklyn. 1:15 each way is my queit nap time (so I can do things like post on a message board at 1am). Anyhow... if you know of some people on here that you trust... there are hotels along the Babylon branch of the LI Railroad in Massapequa Park, Merrick, Rockville Centre that are reasonable. Then you could hop the LIRR to Penn and walk to the venue from there.

That's if you are all staying. If so there are many places on LI and in NYC to go and see.

i live two hours from NYC. and i took a week off from work. theres no way im traveling back and forth every night. that would be ridiculous.

If you want to save money...

Then perhaps stay Monday night... take the train out of Penn to go back home after the Tuesday show.

Take the train back to the city Friday morning stay again Friday Sat and Sun night and go back Monday morning (or Sun night if you are up to it)

If you want to save money...

Then perhaps stay Monday night... take the train out of Penn to go back home after the Tuesday show.

Take the train back to the city Friday morning stay again Friday Sat and Sun night and go back Monday morning (or Sun night if you are up to it)

bleck. i wanna stay the whole week. its my vacation, dammit. i dont mind spending money, i just dont wanna get carried away. i rather spend more money then spend half my time traveling back and forth. im being whiny now.

Nah... not so much whiney

Although you know a week here is expensive.

Nah... not so much whiney

Although you know a week here is expensive.

I know. but that sublet i posted a few posts back was 160 a night. for 3 people. thats less than 400 a week. i can totally do that. im sure others could too. and its better than a hostel and its better than cramming 5 or 6 people in a hotel room all week for the same price. at least that how it seems to me. maybe im missing something here?

edit: I'm also not completely opposed to getting something a little further away in Brooklyn or something. i rather be comfortable and travel on the subway to get to the shows then be 3 blocks away and be crammed like sardines somewhere.

I know. but that sublet i posted a few posts back was 160 a night. for 3 people. thats less than 400 a week. i can totally do that. im sure others could too. and its better than a hostel and its better than cramming 5 or 6 people in a hotel room all week for the same price. at least that how it seems to me. maybe im missing something here?

edit: I'm also not completely opposed to getting something a little further away in Brooklyn or something. i rather be comfortable and travel on the subway to get to the shows then be 3 blocks away and be crammed like sardines somewhere.

You are going to find that Brooklyn has now become more expensive than Manhattan. I work in the god awful hipster section of Brooklyn and the homeowners and business owners take full advantage of the prime real estate.

Back
Top Bottom