Who's goin to see Boz then?

G

Grim O'Grady

on Thursday, I've not got a ticket yet but I reckon we should be sorted eh?

Grim

yeh i'm going...me band are headlining the night n day a week on friday so hopefully (fingers crossed cause its unlikely) i may be able to get a few words with boz if the owners allow us some sort of access 'backstage'. dying to ask all those annoying questions like 'is alain still with the band' 'IOW...whats the truth?' etc etc

Sadly no.

I'm stuck in Plastic Scouse Land (The Wirral) on a works overnight jolly!
The Goat

Ask his Mrs, that'll be easier eh? I'll phone 'em tomoz an ask about gerrin tix.

> yeh i'm going...me band are headlining the night n day a week on friday so
> hopefully (fingers crossed cause its unlikely) i may be able to get a few
> words with boz if the owners allow us some sort of access 'backstage'.
> dying to ask all those annoying questions like 'is alain still with the
> band' 'IOW...whats the truth?' etc etc

Re: Sadly no.

kinnel Goat, you lot know how to live it up eh? Catch up with you soon.

Grim

> I'm stuck in Plastic Scouse Land (The Wirral) on a works overnight jolly!
> The Goat

Re: Boz/Sanctuary question

Will Boz's contract with Sanctuary prevent him co-writing or performing with Morrissey? This is, of course, presuming that Morrissey doesn't resign with Sanctuary.

we have tix 230 / 231, if that means anything.....

Re: Boz/Sanctuary question

> Will Boz's contract with Sanctuary prevent him co-writing or performing
> with Morrissey? This is, of course, presuming that Morrissey doesn't
> resign with Sanctuary.

morrissey said not to believe anything until the words leave his fax, oops, i mean, lips...and he did hint at a new signing, so it doesn't seem like he is without.

he couldn't up and resign from Sanctuary without a court battle. basically, how it works is that the label always has the final say while the artist has to bend over backwards to accomodate. even if Sanctuary didn't "renew" his contract, it doesn't mean that he can say, "OK, nice knowing ya..." because, believe it or not, in most contracts, you have to give the label time to "cure" an oversight. in otherwords, if they aren't timely in renewing, you still have to walk up to them and say, "hey, did you want to renew my contract?" and then they have a certain number of days from that point onward to do something about it.

unless morrissey has the greatest lawyer EVER, most contracts will have a specific number of album the artist has to create and a certain number the label can request afterwards. even if they signed him to one album, they would most likely have a number of optional albums they can hold him to.

considering moz was one of their biggest money makers last year, to me, the only thing that would make sense is that another label gave Sanctuary money to buy out the remainder of his contract.

Back
Top Bottom