Who would you like to see Morrissey duet with?

The Chameleon

#KingGamma
The Thelma Houston one is great. I didn't care for the Billie Joe Armstrong one. But what if he did an album of duets in the tradition of Frank Sinatra and Willie Nelson to name just a couple?
I'd like to see another one with Chrissie Hynde.
And should it all be new songs? Remakes of the guest artist's songs? Or just classics? I'll throw out a few names.
Iggy Pop
Courtney Love
Michael Stipe
Fellow Johnny Thunders fan Duff McKagan
I'd like to see this be a largely acoustic and live album with maybe three or four songs with traditional bass drums electric guitars. Piano is allowed but lets leave out the synthesizers this time.

Iggy
Tony Bennett
Noel G
Billy Idol
Morten Harket

Vicente Fernández.

It's him in a few years, anyway.

Instinct-2x1-7-2019-05-08_23-41-15_797301.png

Patrick wolf
Colin meloy
Stephen trask for there duet of wicked little town
Aesop rock for a sung/rap duet
Kevin Barnes of of Montreal fame
Stephen Jenkins of third eye blind
Paul westerberg of the replacements

all artists with emphasis on lyrics and people I associate with a love of literature character and storytelling. The lexicon between Barnes and Aesop rock alone is enormous

Pet Shop Boys would be quite interesting especially since he's taking a more synth-heavy approach on the new album!

Boy George or Marc Almond would also be pretty cool and considering both of them have greatly praised Moz in the past, it's not completely unlikely.

Lana Del Rey
Jenny Lewis
As far as men go I can't think of anyone current one's that could keep up with Morrissey vocally and are actually good. Maybe James Blake with one of his more off kilter productions

Lana Del Rey
Jenny Lewis
As far as men go I can't think of anyone current one's that could keep up with Morrissey vocally and are actually good. Maybe James Blake with one of his more off kilter productions
Man, both Lana and Jenny would be incredible. Lana, especially.

1. Madonna (dont care what you say, it would be great!)

2. Me (would be terrible cos I cant sing)

3. the Hobo from Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet (would suck cos Tom Waits already did that, but would still be funny)

4. Himself on a Smiths song (this forum would light up with hate)

5. Shawn Mendes (so cute!)

6. George W. Johnson

Jehnny Beth from Savages for a longer dialogue sort of song. Thinking of the Lush song that features Jarvis Cocker here.

Stuart Staples (Tindersticks singer) for a slow syrupy slog mocking each other's cliched reputation.

Martin Gore from Depeche Mode since Gustavo appears to be taking us in this direction, we might as well go to one of the originals.

Beth Gibbons. Because we must.

And the even more unlikely...
M. with Amanda Palmer; with Patti Smith, Peaches, Perfume Genius (keeping it in the Ps...), a coherent Pete Doherty (especially if he brings Carl).

Back
Top Bottom