Who Put The 'M' In Manchester?

In a word: no!

:p

I'm joking, obviously. It's excellent - a really jubilant, triumphant (I don't care if he hates this word) comeback.

I think so ,i watch it over and over !Extras include the Move Festival Manchester ,well worth watching methinks

Yes, definitely. It's filmed in High Definition (HD), so if you have a progressive-scan DVD player, it's especially incredible. Also, I noticed not long after I'd gotten it that it has the widescreen version instead of the fullscreen (US) version of "Irish Blood, English Heart" that came with Quarry - now that was really pretty cool.

However, I also really like the (incomplete) version I recorded off of HDnet or INHD, I can't remember which. We had just gotten a cable box that would record and playback in HD (previous versions of the box would record HD programs at the regular, lower quality), so it was really, really surreal to see the advertisement on INHD for "Who Put the 'M' in Manchester" that very same day!

The cable box version, for some reason, is in even higher quality than the DVD, so I watch it a bit more. (A bit of an HDTV nerd, I am.)

Anyways, awesome show by Moz and th' Lads... It was a really special (aw!) time for Morrissey and it really came through on film.
It was really good to see Alain in there, too - I'd really missed seeing him.

I'd have to say yes as i am (briefly) on it!
As above, the Move extras make it very worthwhile too.
And the bloke from Halifax with the tattoos - 'I used t' be in t' Jam....'

The Goat

Absolutely!!! *very enthusiastic*

Contains a funky/interesting version of "The Headmaster Ritual" (!!!), which made me very happy. And a beautiful version of "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out".

His stage patter is just priceless--very entertaining stuff.

as stonecold would say: HELL YEAH!

I've watched it like 21651654 times and it never bores me

In a word, absolutely. It's an excellent DVD with very lively renditions of the songs, and very nicely put together. I never get bored watching it.

Get it!!
It's one to watch over and over, especially when there's nothing but crap on TV.
Brilliant as he's at home and in top form!

Its definatley worth buying, the extras from the move festival are really good aswell. However i think its a shame they didnt include some songs from the move fetsival that werent played at the Manchester gig

It's a fine DVD. I like the Move Festival songs better than tha Manc gig if I'm honest. But it's all great.
But the bit in 'EDILS' when he stops singing at the festival, and the crowd are all singing "in my fa-ce fa-ce fa-ce" makes me shiver! It's a lovely moment.
Almost makes me want to go to a festival . . almost.

The Move Festival was miles better than the MEN.
The MEN turned into 'an event' for all the 'right people' to be seen at, where as Move was for the fans and Morrissey was so much more relaxed and so much more at home (lets face it, he was less than a mile away from 'home'!!)

The Goat

It's very good but you don't get nostalgic that way you do when watching "Live In Dallas" and "Introducing Morrissey", that's a minus.

The editing is very well done, especially for the song "Jack the Ripper". A far cry from the usual shaky and amateur videos from past Smiths/Morrissey concerts.

and don't forget about the stylish as hell last part of there's a light when the lads go out one by one and WOW!

It's very good but you don't get nostalgic that way you do when watching "Live In Dallas" and "Introducing Morrissey", that's a minus.

Not necessarily. I get a bit nostalgic for 2004 now when I watch it. I went to many, many gigs that year and none so far this year, so, it makes me nostalgic watching it.

Back
Top Bottom