Who is your ALL TIME favourite solo artist?

Well?

• Phil Collins 1981-1989

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Phil Collins 1993-2002

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Uncle Liam

The King Of The Mountain
If I Can Be Serious For A Minute.

This is an important question that needs answering.

Last edited:
Have you heard Brand X? It's really good. My friend that likes Dream Theater had it.

Without a doubt the 1981-89 incarnation of Phil is better.

And here are the reasons why:

1) No Jacket Required, specifically Sussido. (Su-su-sussido-oh-oh.) Prince basically nicked Phil's marvellous tune for the remainder of his career.
2) Easy Lover, a modern day soul classic (and brought Philip Bailey to the attention of the world)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=npoGEM1BbrY
3) The Live Aid feat of playing in both London and Philadelphia. And playing with Sting. With a tenor sax.
4) More hair.
5) Against All Odds.
6 ) In The (h)Air Tonight. THE 88 REMIX!!!!!!!
7) Still dabbled with Genesis- Land Of Confusion's hilarious Spitting Image video showing Phil had his old
8) The LP with the definitive version of You Can't Hurry Love.
9) Not content with a successful solo career AND being the drummer bloke turned singer in Genesis, he also turned his hand to acting in the feature film Buster.
10) Phil never threatened to leave the country if Labour got in during this period.
11) The crowning glory (if you'll pardon the pun) being Another Day IN Paradise, where Phil empathises with the homeless but keeps all the recorded profits for himself.
12) Not being renowned as THE ARTISTE that rappers, hip-hoppers and r&b singers like to chill to.

7 was meant to read Phil still had his button on the pulse

1) No Jacket Required, specifically Sussido. (Su-su-sussido-oh-oh.) Prince basically nicked Phil's marvellous tune for the remainder of his career.
2) Easy Lover, a modern day soul classic (and brought Philip Bailey to the attention of the world)
3) The Live Aid feat of playing in both London and Philadelphia. And playing with Sting. With a tenor sax.
4) More hair.
5) Against All Odds.
7) Still dabbled with Genesis- Land Of Confusion's hilarious Spitting Image video showing Phil had his old
9) Not content with a successful solo career AND being the drummer bloke turned singer in Genesis, he also turned his hand to acting in the feature film Buster.
10) Phil never threatened to leave the country if Labour got in during this period.
11) The crowning glory (if you'll pardon the pun) being Another Day IN Paradise, where Phil empathises with the homeless but keeps all the recorded profits for himself.
12) Not being renowned as THE ARTISTE that rappers, hip-hoppers and r&b singers like to chill to.

13.) Patrick Bateman is his biggest fan

4) More hair.
5) Against All Odds.

Without question the greatest post on any messageboard anywhere in the entire history of the internet.

haha this poll was right on. I love Phil Collins!!! His beats were revolutionary for his time.

Great drummer, really annoying "front man." His playing with Robert Plant was pretty cool as well.

I hadn't thought of Brand X in probably 20 years. I'll have to dig out my old vinyl.

Phil in the Seconds Out was the best, because he was still mostly doing Peter Gabriel era stuff.

Or maybe Phil in the child actor Chitty Chitty Bang Bang era was best . . . .

I'm afraid I can't answer this...
unless someone can tell me which year 'Both sides of the story' was released`?
Thanks.
M

Back
Top Bottom