Who is writing songs that are better than Morrissey’s today?

Your comment totally ignores the fact that Morrissey didn't compose that track by himself.

Morrissey, Stephen Street

If you want to get technical, then yes.

But it IS a Morrissey song.

And the songs he sings on are Morrissey songs.

His songs.

Thing is it's subjective to the listener and definitely the era in which the artist and fan are living in. My Mum's ultimate artist is Dylan and mine's is Morrissey so there you have my tuppence worth.

It isn't subjective. Not this. You, along with Ketamine, have never listened to a Dylan album.

If you want to get technical, then yes.

But it IS a Morrissey song.

And the songs he sings on will be Morrissey songs.

His songs.

"His songs" co-written with a multitude of talented people. So not just Morrissey's songs.

Ketamine, are The Smiths' songs Morrissey's alone?

"His songs" co-written with a multitude of talented people. So not just Morrissey's songs.

Ketamine, are The Smiths' songs Morrissey's alone?

No, they are known usually as Smiths songs, but non fans may mistake them for Morrissey songs.

Which just goes to show.

btw Blood on the Tracks and Desire
are two of my favorite albums.

Ho
It isn't subjective. Not this. You, along with Ketamine, have never listened to a Dylan album.
How can you possibly know that? Have you had a hidden camera in the six houses I've lived in? Brings to mind "What Kind of People Live in These Houses" ?

No, they are known usually as Smiths songs, but non fans may mistake them for Morrissey songs.

Which just goes to show.

This is nonsense. Non-fans would mistake Phil Collins songs to Genesis, even McCartney/Wings for Beatles. It does not show anything. Definitely does not support your arguement.

If ya talkin' about good lyricists, ya might like Craig Finn.
He's the singer in The Hold Steady and his solo album
I Need A New War was my favorite from last year.
He kinda writes short story rock. Haha.

Which just goes to show.

btw Blood on the Tracks and Desire
are two of my favorite albums.

Blood On The Tracks was always my favorite Dylan album,
but now I think it's "Love And Theft".
I like a lot of his albums though.

theres great humour in his lyrics,IF YOU BREAK YOUR LEGS THEN DONT COME RUNNING TO ME,is there anybody writing lyrics as funny as that,nope.

This is nonsense. Non-fans would mistake Phil Collins songs to Genesis, even McCartney/Wings for Beatles. It does not show anything. Definitely does not support your arguement.

Is someone having an argument ?

Back
Top Bottom