Who is watching Newsnight Review? Anyone but me?

  • Thread starter seriously flawed - not right in the head
  • Start date
S

seriously flawed - not right in the head

Guest
Or all you educated folk watching jordan on whatever channel you find that shit in.

Guess I'm not tuned in.
 
M

mozrebel

Guest
Not me...

I've been watching that In Search of Myths and Legends that i recorded earlier from BBC2. All about King Arthur, and the Britons (or Welsh) - Celtic inhabitants of Britian, with various connection to legends of the Bretons, Scots, Irish. Theres a connection to the German Saxons (English), who overthrew the Celts( obviuosly after the Romans had left) and drove them to Wales and Cornwall.

Thats probably way to much detail, but there's a point in there somewhere, I just know there is.
 
S

seriously flawed - not right in the head

Guest
Re: Not me...

> I've been watching that In Search of Myths and Legends that i recorded
> earlier from BBC2. All about King Arthur, and the Britons (or Welsh) -
> Celtic inhabitants of Britian, with various connection to legends of the
> Bretons, Scots, Irish. Theres a connection to the German Saxons (English),
> who overthrew the Celts( obviuosly after the Romans had left) and drove
> them to Wales and Cornwall.

> Thats probably way to much detail, but there's a point in there somewhere,
> I just know there is.

Mozrebel

You mentioned a programme coming on shortly about the immigrant influence on Liverpool and the resulting factor...or something similar....will you be watching that, because it hasnt been advertised here, maybe for reasons beyond our control they wont show it...but will you please inform me of the outcome.

I am very interested on their take on things.

Thank you.
 
M

mozrebel

Guest
Re: Not me...

> Mozrebel

> You mentioned a programme coming on shortly about the immigrant influence
> on Liverpool and the resulting factor...or something similar....will you
> be watching that, because it hasnt been advertised here, maybe for reasons
> beyond our control they wont show it...but will you please inform me of
> the outcome.

> I am very interested on their take on things.

> Thank you.

The programme is on Irish TV, and its about the rise of sectarianism in Liverpool, with particular focus on the Orange Order I'd say.
 
S

seriously flawed - not right in the head

Guest
Re: Not me...

> The programme is on Irish TV, and its about the rise of sectarianism in
> Liverpool, with particular focus on the Orange Order I'd say.

Well at this point in time, I would say the Orange Order have never been more insignificant. Up to about 5 years ago, you would see them marching on the 12th and wearing the sash, I haven't seen that for years now. I think the Orange issue has more or less died out here. Well, I certainly am not aware of it. I would presume therefore it may be more to do with the immigration of Ethiopians etc, who seem to congregate in the Toxteth area and go begging on the streets at times....I don't know, but I would doubt very much it is a religious issue, more likely, the other.
 
M

mozrebel

Guest
Re: Not me...

> Well at this point in time, I would say the Orange Order have never been
> more insignificant. Up to about 5 years ago, you would see them marching
> on the 12th and wearing the sash, I haven't seen that for years now. I
> think the Orange issue has more or less died out here. Well, I certainly
> am not aware of it. I would presume therefore it may be more to do with
> the immigration of Ethiopians etc, who seem to congregate in the Toxteth
> area and go begging on the streets at times....I don't know, but I would
> doubt very much it is a religious issue, more likely, the other.
We'll see what this programme tells us then. I just thought I'd ask someone who is actually there, instead of taking some documentary makers word for it
 
S

seriously flawed - not right in the head

Guest
Re: Not me...

> We'll see what this programme tells us then. I just thought I'd ask
> someone who is actually there, instead of taking some documentary makers
> word for it

I noticed you stated "secterianism" which obviously points to religion.
Maybe it's against the Muslims?
Although, shortly after 9/11 there were many Jewish graves desecrated.
Who knows?
Maybe a Nazi uprising?
I will be interested to hear your report though, it hasn't been advertised here at all so obviously it is only on Irish TV.
 
M

mozrebel

Guest
Re: Not me...

> I noticed you stated "secterianism" which obviously points to
> religion.
> Maybe it's against the Muslims?
> Although, shortly after 9/11 there were many Jewish graves desecrated.
> Who knows?
> Maybe a Nazi uprising?
> I will be interested to hear your report though, it hasn't been advertised
> here at all so obviously it is only on Irish TV.

19:30 LeArgas Gaelic current affairs programme. In this edition a look at some of the first and second generation Irish living in Liverpool and their experiences

I believe part of this will focus on anti-Catholic and anti-Irish sentiment, from the snippet I saw today.
 
S

seriously flawed - not right in the head

Guest
Re: Not me...

> 19:30 LeArgas Gaelic current affairs programme. In this edition a look at
> some of the first and second generation Irish living in Liverpool and
> their experiences

> I believe part of this will focus on anti-Catholic and anti-Irish
> sentiment, from the snippet I saw today.

Oh really.
I know many years ago there were tensions between the Catholics and Protestants here, but that was before my time.
If they are reporting on today's situation, well I don't know where it could be.
I've never known it in my lifetime. Apart from the Lodge walking on the 12th, but that never caused riots or anything.
I'll be interested to know what they have to say.
 
M

mozrebel

Guest
Re: Not me...

> Oh really.
> I know many years ago there were tensions between the Catholics and
> Protestants here, but that was before my time.
> If they are reporting on today's situation, well I don't know where it
> could be.
> I've never known it in my lifetime. Apart from the Lodge walking on the
> 12th, but that never caused riots or anything.
> I'll be interested to know what they have to say.

I've just heard stories from before my time, when someone I know and his mates went into the wrong pub (L.O.L. - and not what it usually means on here) and was swiftly advised to leave. I've also heard ancedoatal stories regarding allegiances to footbal teams etc. I too thought had thought this had all gone by the wayside many years ago, but then again this will be news to a lot of people here, I suspect. This documentary is in Irish though, so may carry a slight bias.
 
S

seriously flawed - not right in the head

Guest
Re: Not me...

> I've just heard stories from before my time, when someone I know and his
> mates went into the wrong pub (L.O.L. - and not what it usually means on
> here) and was swiftly advised to leave. I've also heard ancedoatal stories
> regarding allegiances to footbal teams etc. I too thought had thought this
> had all gone by the wayside many years ago, but then again this will be
> news to a lot of people here, I suspect. This documentary is in Irish
> though, so may carry a slight bias.

Yes that's correct about the pubs.
Certain places asked your religion before you entered.
Football too, Everton was supposedly the Catholic club and yet my Dad and his Dad and brothers all supported Liverpool!
 
Top Bottom