3. London Beat
4. Robbie Williams
5. Limp Biscuit
6. Nora Jones
7. The Darkness
8. Duran Duran
9. The Mission UK
10. Brian Adams

Please vote as this is for a school project and this is the list my class came up with. I need to come up with a reason why these are best....I tried to get Moz on the list, but I was the only vote (No on had ever even hear of him, altho people knew Marr from his new band)

1. Dave Matthews Band
2. Led Zepplin
3. London Beat
4. Robbie Williams
5. Limp Biscuit
6. Nora Jones
7. The Darkness
8. Duran Duran
9. The Mission UK
10. Brian Adams

Please vote as this is for a school project and this is the list my class came up with. I need to come up with a reason why these are best....I tried to get Moz on the list, but I was the only vote (No on had ever even hear of him, altho people knew Marr from his new band)

Bryan Adams and Robbie Williams should be strung up...

Led Zepplin is probably the only great band on the list

Duran Duran had many great songs, but I would never call them a legend

what a sorry sign of the youth of todays music taste
this coming from a youth of today!
im not surprised morrissey isn't up there...
i don't like any of them ESPECIALLY the awful choices such as
limp bizkit
however i would have to say for innovation and influence
it has to be led zeppelin

your class need a stern talking to and thwack in the knees!

1. Dave Matthews Band
2. Led Zepplin
3. London Beat
4. Robbie Williams
5. Limp Biscuit
6. Nora Jones
7. The Darkness
8. Duran Duran
9. The Mission UK
10. Brian Adams

The only vaguely talented musician on this list is Dave Matthews. Who the hell are 'The Mission UK?' Is that some kind of rap crap?

Coiff.

I think we need to know more from Jeff(the original poster)and the nature of the school project before slagging off these "top ten legends".
So,Jeff..can you tell us more?

I mean I actually do love The Darkness and all (first band and what have you), but legends I think not.

Led Zepplin is over-rated.
How are any of these lagends?

Over rated in what sense?

In the sense they acheived eight straight number one albums which no band had ever done before (or I believe since)? In the sense that they were one of the biggest bands of the 1970's and highest grossing live acts of the century?

Maybe you mean in the sense that they featured some of the greatest rock musicians of any generation or perhaps even in the sense that they wrote probably the all time classic rock song ('Stairway To Heaven') as well as dozens of other classics 'Black Dog', 'Rock N Roll', etc etc which were hugely influencial, incredibly popular and well known and all without any of them being released as a single.

However I suspect you mean over rated in the sense that the organ solo from 'Trampled Underfoot' alone shits over everything ever released by any other artist on the list or that even their lesser regarded albums are massively more impressive than the vast majority of modern bands peak material.

For the record I'm not even that big a Led Zeppling fan but please, credit were credits due....

Last edited:
1. Dave Matthews Band
2. Led Zepplin
3. London Beat
4. Robbie Williams
5. Limp Biscuit
6. Nora Jones
7. The Darkness
8. Duran Duran
9. The Mission UK
10. Brian Adams

Please vote as this is for a school project and this is the list my class came up with.

Do you go to one of those schools for "special" kids?

Seriously, this is the most f***ed-up band list I've ever seen. But the clear answer is Led Zeppelin, not only because they were great, but because it's the choice that would make the chooser look least stupid.

This is my choice. ;)
duran01.jpg

If I were in your shoes and had to pick one from that list, I'd bite the bullet and just flunk the damn class. Do they allow "conscientious objector" status in high school?

Which category did London Beat fall in to?
VERY odd,indeed

bryan adams once had a single with mel c, so i'm opting for him. i own a copy of it, too. it's great.

I`m still a Moz loving Duranie.Even after all these years.Saw them last at Earls Court the day before Christmas Eve 06.Simon crowd surfed on us and it was one of the BEST moments of my entire life.Why won`t Moz crowd surf??:confused:

Back
Top Bottom