Who is Peter Hogg?

Mozza220559

Surmontil 50
Can anyone tell me? I see his name banded round here now and again but nobody's ever gone into detail about who he is.

He was Morrissey's friend around the Kill Uncle and early Your Arsenal period and seemed to be in Morrissey's employ, although what his job was is not exactly clear. In his entry for Mozipedia, each person Goddard interviewed provided a different explanation as to what Hogg's actual role was in Morrissey's entourage. Driver, personal assistant...he was credited as "Rent-A-Chap" in the Kill Uncle tour program. He and Morrissey were close friends. You've probably seen photos of him as he was a pretty common fixture in camp Morrissey in the early 90s. For whatever reason he is absent from Morrissey's autobiography.

tourbusing.jpgmozhogg.jpgmozhoggkirstynevin.jpg

Here is an older thread with more information: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/81222-Peter-Hogg

Thanks for this information.

He was Morrissey's friend around the Kill Uncle and early Your Arsenal period and seemed to be in Morrissey's employ, although what his job was is not exactly clear. In his entry for Mozipedia, each person Goddard interviewed provided a different explanation as to what Hogg's actual role was in Morrissey's entourage. Driver, personal assistant...he was credited as "Rent-A-Chap" in the Kill Uncle tour program. He and Morrissey were close friends. You've probably seen photos of him as he was a pretty common fixture in camp Morrissey in the early 90s. For whatever reason he is absent from Morrissey's autobiography.

View attachment 33258View attachment 33259View attachment 33260

Here is an older thread with more information: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/81222-Peter-Hogg

A straight-up, detailed factual reply, on Solo? I'm in shock.

I'll lower the tone for a minute and say that to me it sounds like Hogg and Morrissey were 'friends with benefits', in which case the decision to leave him out of the autobiography probably makes sense. Whatever they were, it involved Hogg going "trawling" for men in bars during the tour, and usually always picking someone up. I can't imagine Morrissey putting up with that situation for a prolonged period if they were an item, but who knows.

Last edited:
Whatever they were, it involved Hogg going "trawling" for men in bars during the tour, and usually always picking someone up.

It's funny how Morrissey's always seemed to have someone around to do the shopping for him...

Ah, if only Peter were in Switzerland, to cheer everybody up.

A straight-up, detailed factual reply, on Solo? I'm in shock.

I'll lower the tone for a minute and say that to me it sounds like Hogg and Morrissey were 'friends with benefits', in which case the decision to leave him out of the autobiography probably makes sense. Whatever they were, it involved Hogg going "trawling" for men in bars during the tour, and usually always picking someone up. I can't imagine Morrissey putting up with that situation for a prolonged period if they were an item, but who knows.

Or maybe he was picking up men to bring back to morrissey.

Steven with a V. f*** PH. :p

View attachment 33258View attachment 33259View attachment 33260

Morrissey has the worst taste I'm men ever - they are nearly always f***ing ugly and bloody thick

Back
Top Bottom