Who here is playing in a band/making music/capable of playing a instrument?

sistasheila

tjekket
or singing?i knowtwo people from the forums playing in a band
and one who is rather going into the "electronic- project" direction;)..so i wonder who else is making music here and would like to tell more.....there you go:........
or if you dont play in a band have you learned an instrument as a child/teen?
or are you singin :in a band or maybe in a choir?

unfortunately i myself am completely unmusical in terms of learning an instrument , has attempted to do a acoustic guitar course as a teen but..oh well...:blushing:
not to forget the horrible pains my parents did go through when i did play a recorder at the age of 7/8,:blushing: it was required in the school subject music class
(not sure if recorder is really the correct word for these piccolo flutes pic: v
we only had music class during the first classes age 6-10,
a bit theory from the age of 11-12.but then... nothing
but not with the possibilty of a complete school orchestra (drums trumpets guitar etc..sadly not) or anything..
the only music instrument we got was these mentioned flutes...music is a school subject is sadly very underrepresented in german schools as well as most working groups with non school related things..as things like theatre... at least for the school grade I did visit(Intermediate Secondary School*)
grammar schools might be better in that sense of equipment
*[school system-in english:http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/london/en/01/Study_20and_20research/Education__seite.html

how was/is your music schoolsubject? any good?

being unmusical doesnt stop me from being a music addict at all;-).. but Im always mystified how people create music..how these few guitar chords still can be played to the effect of creating something unheard after all these years guitar music started

so... advertise you band here ,tips for the best instrument etc etc etc.............................

Last edited:
well, i'm in two bands and play the bass!!
Also a bit guitar and keyboard..but there just the main chords nothing special in a professional way..

at the moment we just cover songs like stones, beatles, elvis, kings of leon, oasis, smiths ect for playing gigs and earn some money....but now we start to write our own songs and have some time in a studio (one guy of the band has good conncetion so it's really simple) ..it's something between rock alternative and indie rock'n roll..we want to set them between the cover songs...so a mix of both..but for the late future we hope to play gigs without playing any cover songs..just our own stuff;)

Not me. :( I played the piano for quite a long time, eight or nine years when I was younger, but to be honest I never had any passion for it. Only listening to music. :p I think I've completely forgotten everything I ever learned, which some people probably think is wasteful, but I don't really regret it to be honest. I didn't enjoy it and I am not naturally musically skilled. When I was younger I played the tinwhistle and the recorder too, for school. They are both pretty easy instruments to play. I can also play the chords of D and A on the guitar. :cool:
Oh, and I did music as a school subject for three years. Snore. They need to put more Morrissey on the course.

I was in a band with my ex for about 2 years, we played a mix of rock and funk music. Stuff that was similar to Hendrix's music.

I played bass in that band, and on my own I play guitar (acoustic is my favorite), bass, and piano.

I started to learn to play eletric guitar 2 years ago (at the age of 30...I should start earlier, it is not easy) by my own...and helped by my husband who plays on a band named Porco Rosso (he is the songwriter/singer/guitarist):

http://www.myspace.com/porcorosso

A lot of my friends are musicians. I always listen a lot of music. I like to play guitar but I'm not really interested by playing in a band :crazy:

This time I like to play " Margaret on the guillotine".

I had about 6 years of violin lessons when I was younger, I can still play a bit.I can play guitar and bass.I do not play all that often, I do not even own a bass anymore. I generally will just doodle on an acoustic from time to time.

Oh what, this aint a repost?

DOUBLE STANDARDS.

13 years of piano lessons. I can read music and play by ear. I've never been in a band though, but I used to play for my church when I was younger. :cool:

I can also play very basic guitar.

Oh wow, I wish I'd learnt when I was much younger because I've tried many times recently and it's been pretty hopeless.
Although I can play the flute, I have Grade 5.

yeah I started at age 6. my mom made me practice an hour every day. trust me, many tears and tantrums were had, but I'm glad she did that now.

13 years of piano lessons. I can read music and play by ear. I've never been in a band though, but I used to play for my church when I was younger. :cool:

I can also play very basic guitar.

That turned me on a little bit until the church part.

I sing and I'm in a band. My guitarist and I write together. I also play viola, on the classical side of things.

I can play the flute, barely play the bass and my child thinks I can sing. :)

I used to play the clarinet at school but had to give up when my music teacher was convicted of molesting young boys.:eek:

I play the recorder, have done since primary school I'm pretty good at playing by ear with that, plus recorders earn cool points cos Bon Scott played one :thumb:.

I also play guitar though haven't in ages since my guitars are in New Zealand with my mother, I have an acoustic and a Fender Strat.

I also like to sing.

Ooh! I forgot my mad tin whistle skillz. God, I was such a geek with that tin whistle. I didn't have many friends, but the ability to move yer fingers REALLY FAST and make OMG NOISE is still pretty cool :p I learnt it partly from my recorder lessons and partly from listening to and watching my dad. My Irish traditional repetoire is basically made up of things that I grew up with my dad playing that I dunno the name of.

I can proudly say that I play the slide whistle!

Tags
skin flute
Back
Top Bottom