White Trash Mom of the Year

If Another ethnic group was to call me "white trash", it is most definitely racist.

Non racist statement: "Hey! Look at that white guy!"
Non racist statement: "Hey! Look at that white trash guy!"

The difference deals not with the subject's skin color, but their appearance, values, behavior--their culture. It's classist. If a black person pointed to certain of my relatives and said they were white trash, I wouldn't be offended on behalf of white people, or personally humiliated. Just slightly embarrassed to be related to them... but you can't choose your family, right?

The difference deals not with the subject's skin color, but their appearance, values, behavior--their culture. It's classist. If a black person pointed to certain of my relatives and said they were white trash, I wouldn't be offended on behalf of white people, or personally humiliated. Just slightly embarrassed to be related to them... but you can't choose your family, right?

I a person of a different race calls me "White Trash", "White Boy" or any insulting term that refers to my skin color it is JUST AS racist as me using a derogratory term towards them. If I was to call another white person white trash, yes that would be classist. Just as when Chris Rock uses the n-word to refer to a specific group of black people, he's being classist

I seriously get annoyed when people try to say Only White People can be racist. Anyone who hates or uses hateful language against another race (regardless of power or number) is acting racist.

I a person of a different race calls me "White Trash", "White Boy" or any insulting term that refers to my skin color it is JUST AS racist as me using a derogratory term towards them. If I was to call another white person white trash, yes that would be classist. Just as when Chris Rock uses the n-word to refer to a specific group of black people, he's being classist

I seriously get annoyed when people try to say Only White People can be racist. Anyone who hates or uses hateful language against another race (regardless of power or number) is acting racist.

I'll give you "white boy," "white bitch," etc. etc., but white trash, no. It's like redneck or hilbilly, it means something quite specific.

I agree that the n-word is probably used as a rough equivalent to "white trash." But, as I'm not black, I really can't speculate or comment on the usage of the n-word. However, I am eminently qualified to ponitificate on the usage of "white trash." ;)

Must go. Bye now.

I'll give you "white boy," "white bitch," etc. etc., but white trash, no. It's like redneck or hilbilly, it means something quite specific.

I agree that the n-word is probably used as a rough equivalent to "white trash." But, as I'm not black, I really can't speculate or comment on the usage of the n-word. However, I am eminently qualified to ponitificate on the usage of "white trash." ;)

Must go. Bye now.

You don't have to give anything. You can either see that a phrase that has a term indicating race refers to race or not. I didn't expect you to understand. :D

You don't have to give anything. You can either see that a phrase that has a term indicating race refers to race or not. I didn't expect you to understand. :D

Okay, so If White Trash isn't racist, then neither is "Black Trash" or any other racial group you decide to use as an adjective.

As I said, it depends on who is saying it and/or the intent behind it.

I don't know another way to say it. If "white" is a term referring to Caucasian then any statement regarding white trash is racial.

I don't know another way to say it. If "white" is a term referring to Caucasian then any statement regarding white trash is racial.

Thanks Dave :D

Black is black

Los Bravos - Black Is Black

Black is black
I want my baby back
It's gray, it's gray
Since she went away, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do
'Cause I-I-I-I-I'm feelin' blue

If I had my way
She'd be back today
But she don't intend
To see me again, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do

I can't choose
It's too much to lose
My love's too strong
Wow! Maybe if she
Would come back to me
Then it can't go wrong

Bad is bad
That I feel so sad
It's time, it's time
That I found peace of mind, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do

I can't choose
It's too much to lose
My love's too strong
Wow! Maybe if she
Would come back to me
Then it can't go wrong

Black is black
I want my baby back
It's gray, it's gray
Since she went away, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do

:) :D

I had a discussion with someone the other day about the MOBO awards. He reckoned all hell would be let loose if there was a MOWO awards. I'm inclined to agree, although I can see where the arguments about subjugation and under-representation come in. As Bart once said of Homer "He's always complaining about Whitey keeping him down." Shouldn't the same rules, rights, be for everyone?

Peter

Music of White Origin, though? If people are that much into folk music then they just hang out in real ale pubs, wearing knitted jumpers like the rest of us do. Then again that could well be the very site on which all Hell does break loose. You know what them Pagans are like.

How can you assume this? Maybe you assume too much?

dave reads papers whose content focuses on the marital circumstances of famous people.

you too, right?

yes i am, robby. i care about kerry katona and i'm hung like a donkey - a great, big african-american donkey ... and i'm in a gang.

It's definitely just classist.

i don't understand why it's 'just' 'classist'.

How is White Trash racist against Blacks? Now, White N----- that is a derogatory term towards blacks.

i don't mean to be arsey, but i already explained why i think it's a racist term:

i get the impression when i hear it on t.v. or wherever that the term 'white trash' is used to differentiate the people in that category from white people who are educated, not poor & have a 'normal'/'decent' 'lifestyle'. it is as though no such differentiation is necessary when talking about black people since they are presumed to be poor, uneducated & immoral etc. i could be wrong, but that's how i've always thought of it.

(but, as i said before, maybe i've misunderstood its use.)

If Another ethnic group was to call me "white trash", it is most definitely racist.

when i hear people say things like this, it sounds like a begrudged acknowledgement that white people are sometimes racially prejudiced, but with the (apparently) necessary qualification that non-white people are no better. it's sounds like somebody saying that racism isn't that bad because everybody does it. (don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that you, personally, are trying to excuse racism - i'm just explaining that that's how these things come across to me.) in any case, i don't think anybody's saying that non-white people can't be racist.

The difference deals not with the subject's skin color, but their appearance, values, behavior--their culture. It's classist.

i agree that it's 'classist', but isn't 'classism' the value system upon which a market/captialist economy rests?

Music of White Origin, though? If people are that much into folk music then they just hang out in real ale pubs, wearing knitted jumpers like the rest of us do. Then again that could well be the very site on which all Hell does break loose. You know what them Pagans are like.

best dance act at the MOWOs:

CAT2.JPG

Last edited:
when i hear people say things like this, it sounds like a begrudged acknowledgement that white people are sometimes racially prejudiced, but with the (apparently) necessary qualification that non-white people are no better. it's sounds like somebody saying that racism isn't that bad because everybody does it. (don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that you, personally, are trying to excuse racism - i'm just explaining that that's how these things come across to me.) in any case, i don't think anybody's saying that non-white people can't be racist.

CAT2.JPG

Maybe not on this forum per se, but when's the last time you went to Berkley or San Francisco. Lots of extremely liberal people who hold those types of views.

Maybe not on this forum per se, but when's the last time you went to Berkley or San Francisco. Lots of extremely liberal people who hold those types of views.

you need to have a word with them about it, then.

Last edited:
you need to have a word with them about it, then.

I do when I see them. I'm glad to see that we don't have any ignorant people like that on the forum..

In a related story, is Theo due back tonight?

Tags
dave is black mod-approved racism paging dr freud paging nurse ratched racist thread
Back
Top Bottom