Which vintage record label should Morrissey reactivate next?

Dario_Western

As most Morrissey fans know, he is famous for digging up classic record labels from the past and making them cool to like again. The latest is with Major Minor records when EMI re-released "Bona Drag". I don't know if he is re-signing with them, but here are some other old labels I'd like to see him reactivate with his next batch of record deals:

Pye
Philips (if he re-signs to Universal Music)
Regal Zonophone (EMI)
Fontana (see Universal Music)
London Records (Warner Music)
Bell Records (Sony Music)

Stiff
or
PWL :lbf::lbf:

Yes! I adore Stewart Lee, I wanted to pick the most obnoixious and unflattering picture of the TV overlord Adrian Chiles who very rightly is like a toby jug full of hot piss.

Stiff
or
PWL :lbf::lbf:

Apparently Morrissey liked some of Stock/Aitken/Waterman's music, and he was once seen backstage chatting with Rick Astley after a show back in 1989. Also, Pete Waterman championed Morrissey in Number One magazine in 1990 saying that it was good the charts had him and the likes of the Stone Roses, Happy Mondays and the Jesus & Mary Chain to add some balance to the stuff that his own camp was putting out.

Morrissey was once quoted as saying "People who achieve things artistically after having numerous doors slammed in their faces, and after having been roasted alive by the critics impress me when they come out on top smiling, in control, imprenable. That to me is treasurable". He also liked the New York Dolls because he said "They were a band that the music industry couldn't wait to be rid of".

Good on him! :)

PYE, or PYE

I hate to say this in this light hearted little thread, but if Morrissey does re-sign with EMI to release new music, he'll already be on a vintage record label. He can just put the EMI logo on stuff & it'll look like music from the past.

I miss seeing "Mastered by Nimbus" on his CD's.

Does anyone give a shit that Stateside might have been selected subconsciously for Glamourous Glue because the language that "we" use is there because London is dead, we being peple who would give a shit that in the video Morrissey and his crew drive the dark magic man out of the sun-drenched tavern and as he retreats a shot of a stack of tires signifies that he did so single-handedly? Like TYR does in Norse mythology? No I didn't think so so I'll just leave this uber cool thread.

glamorous_glue_01.jpg

220px-T%C3%BDr_by_Fr%C3%B8lich.jpg

BAH!

Last edited:
Suggested Record Label

Maybe Noel Gallagher should offer Moz a new record deal on his Sour Mash Records? Just a thought...

Re: Suggested Record Label

I'd love to see Morrissey back on RCA.....those iconic orange letters!

Tags
reactivate record deal record label
Back
Top Bottom