Which record label should release "Bonfire Of Teenagers"?

:rolleyes:

WTF??? 'he wouldnt seemed out of place on Raiders of the pop charts' WTF does this even mean??

have you been 🏄‍♂️???

maybe its a delayed Taco Tuesday:crazy:

:hammer:

It was good enough for the likes of the Pretenders, Simple Minds and The kids from Fame.
But i accept your point that it would require Morrissey to be troubling the charts in some fashion to be a logical move.

It was good enough for the likes of the Pretenders, Simple Minds and The kids from Fame.
But i accept your point that it would require Morrissey to be troubling the charts in some fashion to be a logical move.

o_O
it would require Moz to be 'troubling' the charts in some fashion for him to
then be on album from 50 yrs ago? that in itself never ever troubled any chart🥷
maybe Moz should also go ninja:crazy:

o_O
it would require Moz to be 'troubling' the charts in some fashion for him to
then be on album from 50 yrs ago? that in itself never ever troubled any chart🥷
maybe Moz should also go ninja:crazy:

Methinks you are taking my suggestion a tad too seriously, i responded to someone who suggested K-Tel as a suitable re-booted record label from the past. Have some prime Ronco era Morrissey.

Last edited:
Hard to say...
I think he made things hard for himself and finding a record label will be difficult.
He is unfairly considered racist (which he isn't)... BUT "Bonfire of Teenagers"... I think it's the most controversial album title of the whole of his career. I take it for granted that there will be.a LOT of criticism.
I know BMG has discarded him... but I do not imagine a label like BMG releasing a Morrissey album titled "Bonfire of Teenagers" (because of the reference of a terrorist attack and the issues of Islamophobia will CERTAINLY emerge).

I believe the album title itself can be too controversial for many labels. Then again, it is Morrissey, but my guess is that it will end up being a small label and there won't be a HUGE promotion and scandals are quite likely to happen.

I.e, If I was the owner of a big record label and I was NOT a huge Morrissey fan (which I am)... I assume that if Morrissey shows up with the idea of releasing something that makes a direct reference to a terrorist attack and I know that there will be troubles, probably a lot of troubles... I would probably say "Thank you, but this is somehow problematic for my label".....

Hard to say...
I think he made things hard for himself and finding a record label will be difficult.
He is unfairly considered racist (which he isn't)... BUT "Bonfire of Teenagers"... I think it's the most controversial album title of the whole of his career. I take it for granted that there will be.a LOT of criticism.
I know BMG has discarded him... but I do not imagine a label like BMG releasing a Morrissey album titled "Bonfire of Teenagers" (because of the reference of a terrorist attack and the issues of Islamophobia will CERTAINLY emerge).

I believe the album title itself can be too controversial for many labels. Then again, it is Morrissey, but my guess is that it will end up being a small label and there won't be a HUGE promotion and scandals are quite likely to happen.

I.e, If I was the owner of a big record label and I was NOT a huge Morrissey fan (which I am)... I assume that if Morrissey shows up with the idea of releasing something that makes a direct reference to a terrorist attack and I know that there will be troubles, probably a lot of troubles... I would probably say "Thank you, but this is somehow problematic for my label".....
Controversy sells at the end of the day. It's like a train wreck, you don't want to look but you can't help but look anyway.
It reminds me a bit of John & Yoko when they released their first album "Two Virgins" in November 1968 which had a black and white photo of both of them starkers in John's bedroom.
Paul McCartney hated the album cover, George was apathetic, and Ringo just smiled and said "Don't get upset, it's just John being John". The CEO of EMI Sir Joseph Lockwood begged John & Yoko to come up with another cover or depict Paul in the nude for it because "he was much prettier". Even though EMI was willing to distribute it for their normal fee, Sir Joseph Lockwood refused to allow them to. The record was distributed by The Who's label Track Records and sold just as fast as The White Album which was released a week before.

But the difference is that in 1968 The Beatles were untouchabe, so they could afford to be controversial. Morrissey on the other hand has been involved in nothing but petty controversies for the last 15 years and has not had a proper hit album since Quarry, so more controversy is definitely not what any label wants from him.

Pretty sad too, a petition of sorts on Twitter calling for Morrissey to be given a record deal to release BOT. The likes are very manageable and I would almost call it unworthy. No one has money to burn at the moment and only the incorrigible expect BOT to be a reboot or return to more glamorous days.

But the difference is that in 1968 The Beatles were untouchabe, so they could afford to be controversial. Morrissey on the other hand has been involved in nothing but petty controversies for the last 15 years and has not had a proper hit album since Quarry, so more controversy is definitely not what any label wants from him.
Correction: The follow up album "Ringleader Of The Tormentors" reached No.1 in the UK albums chart. His subsequent albums "Years Of Refusal", "World Peace Is None Of Your Business", as well as well as the three albums he did on BMG have been hits, though not as big as the Attack albums.

:rolleyes:
"the likes are manageable and I would almost call it unworthy" WTF??:crazy:
and, again WTF? Moz has not had a hit album since Quarry??? all his albums have been on top of the charts FFS
please refrain from posting a continuous stream of fake pap:censored:
peeps ingonre the surfboard fake news.

Correction: The follow up album "Ringleader Of The Tormentors" reached No.1 in the UK albums chart. His subsequent albums "Years Of Refusal", "World Peace Is None Of Your Business", as well as well as the three albums he did on BMG have been hits, though not as big as the Attack albums.

It's about sales though and Quarry outsold Tormentors by quite a lot.

o_O

All hits not imaginary hits where they reach the top of the charts while NOT existing like a certain twatty Dramatic personage we are all familiar with.:lbf:

Controversy sells at the end of the day. It's like a train wreck, you don't want to look but you can't help but look anyway.
It reminds me a bit of John & Yoko when they released their first album "Two Virgins" in November 1968 which had a black and white photo of both of them starkers in John's bedroom.
Paul McCartney hated the album cover, George was apathetic, and Ringo just smiled and said "Don't get upset, it's just John being John". The CEO of EMI Sir Joseph Lockwood begged John & Yoko to come up with another cover or depict Paul in the nude for it because "he was much prettier". Even though EMI was willing to distribute it for their normal fee, Sir Joseph Lockwood refused to allow them to. The record was distributed by The Who's label Track Records and sold just as fast as The White Album which was released a week before.
Not necessarily. How come Moz can't get a deal? People are sick of his bunker-generated right-wing rabbit-hole nonsense. If your argument were correct, the public at large would be clamouring for his product, and record companies would be falling over themselves to offer a deal. But they're not. Could it possibly be that people don't like bigots? I could be wrong though, and there could be some very well-known folk out there espousing right-wing advocacies who have had terrific commercial success. Apart from Ted Nugent, I can't think of any, so if you can think of other successful right-wingers in entertainment, please go ahead.

Not necessarily. How come Moz can't get a deal? People are sick of his bunker-generated right-wing rabbit-hole nonsense. If your argument were correct, the public at large would be clamouring for his product, and record companies would be falling over themselves to offer a deal. But they're not. Could it possibly be that people don't like bigots? I could be wrong though, and there could be some very well-known folk out there espousing right-wing advocacies who have had terrific commercial success. Apart from Ted Nugent, I can't think of any, so if you can think of other successful right-wingers in entertainment, please go ahead.

He isn't a right-wing bigot & there's hundreds of people earning a living by or despite leaning right. If he was remotely interested in that audience he could get it.

He isn't a right-wing bigot & there's hundreds of people earning a living by or despite leaning right. If he was remotely interested in that audience he could get it.

ignore the skinny logic FFS
he of the ' if fungus were fungus then there would not be any non fungs fungus'.
and
'if Moz is a Penguin Classic that must mean that what some commie trolls on the internet must also make classic posts':crazy:

Moz needs to get paid before he gives up the CLASSIC material, not him having to pay to have it released
in installments like some Cometic twit we are all familiar with:)

its all the hit records that makes Moz demand being paid.:)

🇭🇷>:hammer:

Morrissey is not racist or right-wing. Some.. they continue with the.bla bla bla blah of always that is of extreme right, that does not retract what he said, that piripipi etc etc Basta Moz did not speak more and I think he will not and already showed that he does not support any political party nor will he,!! Support so that his music can be heard throughout the Universe, HIS voice is a blessing, it is a myth a living icon that must be cared for and pampered!!!!!!Bonfire ya salió solo hay que esperar un poco!!!!

newsbild-timemachine.jpg

Morrissey die-hards in search for critics.

If Morrissey is so poisonous as you think and say, then how in hell did he recently acquire the services of Quest Artist Management? Do you really think they would take on and promote the work of a ‘bigot’ as you enjoy calling him ?

Last edited:
He would never do it, but I think he'd making a killing doing a Kickstarter. Also, say what you will about Johnny (I think he's great) but he's willing to put himself out there to promote his records, Morrissey needs to do the same. "Dog" is such a great record, but he didn't do it any favors. Hopefully Quest can right the train.

Back
Top Bottom