Which record label should release "Bonfire Of Teenagers"?

If true, he at least had a deal for Harvest to put it out when he recorded it.

It doesn’t make sense. I mean, Morrissey of all people wouldn’t pay for the recording if he was already signed to the label that was going to release it, I would think. Something doesn’t add up.

I don't want to respond to flame-bait, but how on earth can Carrere and Dawn be described as "imaginary" labels? They existed, and there's proof of their discographies on 45cat and Discogs.

There is also another label that I wish he could reactivate: Philips.

It was one of the most important, powerful and influential major labels from the time it started in the early 1950's until 1980 when it's parent company PolyGram turned it into a classical label (along with Decca), but it continued to be used as a pop and rock label in Europe and other non-English speaking nations.

Philips had one of the biggest hits of the 60's with David Bowie's "Space Oddity" in 1969 when they dumped him shortly after because they thought he was going to be a one-hit wonder. They also hit with Dusty Springfield, Marty Wilde, The Walker Brothers, Blue Cheer and also played an important role in the garage and psyche rock movements such as The Missing Links and The Open Mind.

In the 70's whilst it was mainly being focused as a light pop/MOR label in the UK with acts like Peters & Lee, Lena Zavaroni and Demis Roussos it also ushered the punk and disco movements in Europe thanks to it licensing Sire Records artists like The Ramones, Flamin' Groovies, The Saints, Radio Birdman and also Donna Summer before Sire got taken over by Warners worldwide and Casablanca used on an international basis.

The label's last main release was "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" by The Walker Brothers in 2006. Since then, the label has been severely downsized even in the non-Anglicised countries except for some re-releases of old albums. The last entry it had was this year by some Dutch joke punk band called The Karaoke Kings on vinyl, the front cover of which shows two Philips albums on it. Not sure if it was issued on Philips, or done as some kind of prank. Then again, Discogs does have the habit of confusing viewers by listing albums on certain labels when in fact they were not officially pressed on them.

Philips has been owned by Universal Music since 1999, and it's doubtful that anyone at the company will want to touch Morrissey again even though he's had hits on its main labels Decca, Island, Polydor and more recently Harvest.

It doesn’t make sense. I mean, Morrissey of all people wouldn’t pay for the recording if he was already signed to the label that was going to release it, I would think. Something doesn’t add up.
If he's really telling the truth, then it's possible the deal was structured in a different way. Morrissey would pay for the recording but for that he would get a bigger part of the profits or a larger promotional budget. After all, he's pretty quick in the studio, unlike many other acts who'll spend half a year there.

I don't want to respond to flame-bait, but how on earth can Carrere and Dawn be described as "imaginary" labels? They existed, and there's proof of their discographies on 45cat and Discogs.
Don't mind that troll. He's a c***. Your post was very insightful and well thought out.

Wasn’t his stuff with bmg and harvest more like a distribution deal which would make sense with him paying for the recording. I remember famous when dead explaining this a bit at the time

ABBA released a 1-track CD-Single (!) 2 weeks ago, so why can't he...ooohhh why can't h-e-e-e? (anymore).

New Hormones

Mister Boon, if you’re reading this ...

:)
the one 🏄‍♂️
thinks Fernando fits in WP🥥
the other 🏄‍♂️
wants Moz on several imaginary non existing record labels.🥥

must be astronauts.o_O

:hammer:

I feel he would be more suited to Ronco, he wouldn't have seemed out of place on Raiders of the pop charts, back in the day.
Actually a Morrissey tune of sorts was on there, Dick Morrissey& Jim Mullen.
:rolleyes:

WTF??? 'he wouldnt seemed out of place on Raiders of the pop charts' WTF does this even mean??

have you been 🏄‍♂️???

maybe its a delayed Taco Tuesday:crazy:

:hammer:

Back
Top Bottom