Which of these phrases annoy you the most?

Which of these phrases annoy you the most? (Select as many as you want)

• Total voters
I voted for 'I personally' because, by experience, it is always followed by something that you didn't want to hear.

None of them.
The use of the word "like", however, as in "I was like, no" when the person means "I said no" irritates me intensely.
Also, "goes", as in "I was like, no, so he goes, why?" when what is meant is "I said no, so he asked, why?":mad::mad::mad:

Curmudgeonly rant over

At the end of the day, the phrase "110%" irks me. It's a fairly unique person who says such things. D'ya know what I mean, like?

All of them.
Another is the incorrect and overuse of the word 'random' which is a current favourite of our younger folk.

In a supermarket recently I overheard a teenage girl saying to her friend "we need a basket to carry this, where do they keep the random things like baskets?"

I was tempted to wrap the basket randomly round her head.

But I'm a nice girl so simply walked away muttering to myself.

This is an American phrase and it drives me bat shit crazy. On the morning news, the weatherman ALWAYS says, "Let's see what's on tap for the weather today!" ON TAP? I automatically think of beer. It's a dumb phrase, because EVERY day is sunny, warm (not so warm now)- but that phrase, "On Tap" truly bugs me. It's supposed to be cutesy, but I find it highly annoying. :(

None of them.
The use of the word "like", however, as in "I was like, no" when the person means "I said no" irritates me intensely.
Also, "goes", as in "I was like, no, so he goes, why?" when what is meant is "I said no, so he asked, why?":mad::mad::mad:

Curmudgeonly rant over

Well, living in California, using the word, like, must be implanted in our brains. I catch myself in time, but it's a hard word to get rid of. Same for, "goes" "OMG, he like goes and tells me he wants to break up!" :mad::mad::mad:

24/7 - Really???? It happens all the time and never stops?

"My bad."

Your bad what? I don't get it.

It's ANOTHER California phrase- It basically means if you screwed up in some way, most people say, "My bad" - it's the new *sorry* phrase. I think it's stupid. :(

I hate it when people use the word "well" before everything they say...

It was WELL bad!

I am WELL happy!

It's WELL cold!

etc etc

Aaaarrrggghhh! :mad:

People who do that are WELL annoying!

Love Alma xxx

I hate it when people use the word "well" before everything they say...

It was WELL bad!

I am WELL happy!

It's WELL cold!

etc etc

Aaaarrrggghhh! :mad:

People who do that are WELL annoying!

Love Alma xxx

You must be from the U.K. because I've never heard that expression before. It actually doesn't make any sense!

You must be from the U.K. because I've never heard that expression before. It actually doesn't make any sense!

I know...no sense at all...but it's a bloody epidemic over here! :mad:

What wrong with using "very" I ask myself?...often!

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:

Love Alma xxx

"Very" is the proper word- and if I said to someone, "It's well hot out here!" They would look at me, and say, "You LIKE the HEAT?"

The one I absolutely loathe is 'Bless'.
As in: "aw, bless 'im".

NO. DON'T BLESS HIM YOU PATRONISING *beeeeep*

Love Alma xxx

I say 'bare'. :p:o

You'd probably all find the way I speak really annoying. :o I'm a teenager, I can't help it. I use slang and really long obscure words in the same sentences. Thereby alienating everyone. I use quite a lot of London slang that probably gets used nowhere else, haha.

I cannot stand:

(European) added value
it takes two to tango
carrot and stick

I hear them almost every day.:rolleyes:

Oh, and a new one:
financial crisis :sick:

Back
Top Bottom