Which new Morrissey songs would you most like to hear in the upcoming 2022 tour?

Which of the previously-announced 'Bonfire' songs would you most like to hear in the new tour?

• Total voters

Mike Rourke

Sounds like we'll be hearing at least one new song played live very shortly.
A little hard to judge with just a snippet of 'Veronica' and the titles to go on, but in my experience an interesting song title usually means an interesting song...

From remembering what he said about it in the last interview, and it’s interesting title, I’d like to hear Ha ha Harlem. Followed by I am Veronica, Kerouac’s Crack, and the song Bonfire, out of curiosity on how he’s going to tackle that subject, which I’m sure will stir controversy, no matter how he handles it.

Though 'I Live In Oblivion' sounds like it could be a good song to end a show with.

I would like Alain to learn how to play This Charming Man properly because I want to hear Morrissey play it when I see him next.

I would like Alain to learn how to play This Charming Man properly because I want to hear Morrissey play it when I see him next.
Yes, me too. Apparently, it's not actually that hard to play. All the Smiths tribute bands do a pretty competent job. The Morrissey band version from a while back was clearly just a different arrangement - it wasn't that they couldn't actually play it properly.

my funeral because he mentions bruce lee in it,dont think the little dragon has appeared in a song yet.dont anyone say one of these novelty songs from the 70s or i will one inch punch you into the middle of next week.

my funeral because he mentions bruce lee in it,dont think the little dragon has appeared in a song yet.dont anyone say one of these novelty songs from the 70s or i will one inch punch you into the middle of next week.

‘I thank you
I thank you with all of my heart
Lee, please stand up and defend me
In the future when all's well
Confront what you are afraid of
In the future when all's well’

Or was he asking Brenda Lee to defend him? ;)

I'm looking forward to Saint in a Stained Glass Window and Sure Enough, the Telephone Rings, but since they most likely are late album ballads, they won't propably get played live very much.

I'm looking forward to Saint in a Stained Glass Window and Sure Enough, the Telephone Rings, but since they most likely are late album ballads, they won't propably get played live very much.
I thought the Saint song might be appropriate in San Luis Obispo but then I looked back at Sam's interview with Morrissey and saw that in the song he is asking Jesus to let him die, so I don't really like that.

So, just over a week to go now.
Assuming' Veronica' gets its first airing, that's a week until we hear the song that Sam claims is as good as This Charming Man and First of the Gang. Time will tell!

In the Future When All's Well?

Lee, please stand up and defend me

It's always how I have imagined it - in one way or another. But I would love a clear Lee reference.
ringleader was 2006 and he never metioned any admiration for bruce till about 10 years ago,in-fact i dont even think bruce got a mention in autobiography.

Back
Top Bottom