Which musicians share your birthday

Think this is the best one ;)

1984, Born on this day, Gareth Gates, UK singer, TV's Pop Idol runner up, (2002 UK No.1 single 'Unchained Melody').

And, less sarcastically, this is pretty cool...

1954, 19 year old Elvis Presley signed a recording contract with Sun Records. He also gave in his notice at his day job at The Crown Electric Company. Sam Phillips from Sun Records originally wanted to use the 19 year old to make demos of songs meant for other artists, but soon realized that here was the man who could bridge the gap between white and black performances.

The start of a legend :) As it was 31 years later when little me was born :D :p

You're my best friend :clap::D

Well, indeed. As you so eloquently put it to me one time in an e-mail...

Nonetheless, Kulenty’s music is far from being expressively monolithic: its emotional trajectory leads from dramatic intensity to elusive moments of tranquility, especially in the cadenzas of works with solo instruments, or before the concluding segments of her compositions. Kulenty’s delicate, multihued sound fabrics arise from a polyphony of graceful sonorous strands (extended, slow glissandi) surrounded by shimmering sound planes (created by trills, tremolo, flutter tongue effects and frequently appearing microtonal harmonies). These subtle, constantly shifting musical layers bear a curious resemblance to patterns of undulating lines in the abstract designs of the composer’s graphic art (drawing and painting). This deep-level similarity indicates that these recurring gestures stem from a level of creative personality placed beyond the purely musical.

Carly Simon, George Michael

Nobody worth mentioning shares my birthday,
The bass player out of Madness maybe :o

But I do know in 1981 on the day of my birthday, Mark Chapman was given a 20 year jail sentence for the murder of John Lennon in ....lovely :tears:

(I wasn't even born then, so I won't get too hung up about it :D)

Nobody worth mentioning shares my birthday,
The bass player out of Madness maybe :o

But I do know in 1981 on the day of my birthday, Mark Chapman was given a 20 year jail sentence for the murder of John Lennon in ....lovely :tears:

(I wasn't even born then, so I won't get too hung up about it :D)

I was pissed to find out that George Dubya married on my birthday. :mad:

Bobby Hebb
Neil Landon
Darlene Love
Dobie Gray
Mick Jagger
Roger Taylor
Andy Connell
Miranda Joyce
Scott Francis Crago
Tim Barnwell
David Baksh

I also share a birthday with the following:

Kevin Spacey :sweet:

Sandra Bullock
Carl Jung
Blake Edwards
Stanley Kubrick
Aldous Huxley
Helen Mirren
Kate Beckinsdale
Jason Robards
Dorothy Hamill
Jeremy Piven
Gracie Allen
Vivian Vance

Etc., etc., etc.

David Bowie, Elvis Presley, Shirley Bassey, Robert Kreiger,
More than that, but, I can't be bothered to say the more-uncool-than-shirley-bassey-ones

February 22nd

1936, Born on this day, Ernie K-Doe, R&B singer who had a 1961 US No.1 single with ‘Mother-in-Law’, which was written by Allen Toussaint. K-Doe died on 5th July 2001.

1938, Born on this day, Bobby Hendricks, The Drifters, (1960 US No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Save The Last Dance For Me').

1943, Born on this day, Louise Lopez, Odyssey, (1980 UK No.1 single 'Use It Up And Wear It Out').

1943, Born on this day, Mick Green, guitarist with Johnny Kidd & The Pirates from 1962–4, (1963 UK No.4 singles ‘I’ll Never Get Over You’). Joined Billy J. Kramer in 1964.

1945, Born on this day, William Oliver Swofford, (Oliver), 1969, US No 3 & UK No. 6 single, 'Good Morning Starshine.

1953, Born on this day, actor Nigel Planer, 'Neil', (1984 UK No.2 single with his version of the 1967 hit for Traffic, 'Hole In My Shoe').

1953, Born on this day, Graham Lewis, bass, Wire, (1989 UK No.68 single 'Eardrum Buzz').

1953, Born on this day, John Sparks, Dr Feelgood, (1979 UK No.9 single 'Milk And Alcohol').

1962, Born on this day, Michael Wilton, Queensryche, (1992 UK No.18 single 'Silent Lucidity').

And, of course..

1987, Andy Warhol, pop artist and producer died after a gall bladder operation. The founder of the Pop Art movement, produced and managed The Velvet Underground, designed the 1967 Velvet Underground And Nico 'peeled banana' album cover and The Rolling Stones 'Sticky Fingers' album cover.

I ALMOST share my birthday with Morrissey haha just missed for two days - mine is May 20..two days too early :p. I do share my birthday with Joe Cocker though haha:cool:

I'm not sure. Maybe I should ask DISNEYLAND who seems to be compiling a database of EVERYONE'S BIRTHDAY in exchange for an admission ticket. Busybody information ladies of the night. :(

Last edited:
fred astaire, bono, sid vicious, and donovan.

dancing, authoritative, sensitive and smug. thats me.

I'm not sure. Maybe I should ask DISNEYLAND who seems to be compiling a database of EVERYONE'S BIRTHDAY in exchange for an admission ticket. Busybody information ladies of the night. :(

Lovely way of making it sound nicer:p:D There's this shop here where they ask you about your postal code whenever you buy something, wonder if there's any conspiracy behind that:cool:

Back
Top Bottom