which morrissey song has been ruined by the producer worst?

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
in my view it has either got to be "crashing bores" or" i like you" the songs sounded brilliant on the janice long sessions in 2002 and on the following tour

or does any1 else think any other songs past or present have been treated worse by the producers hatchet?

I'd probably have to say Mexico. Really nice little ballad type thing on the 2002 tour to... something a bit odd.

Also Sweetie-Pie (which I do like!) would probably have been better if had been the simple piano song that Mikey first wrote it as.

I'd probably have to say Mexico. Really nice little ballad type thing on the 2002 tour to... something a bit odd.

Also Sweetie-Pie (which I do like!) would probably have been better if had been the simple piano song that Mikey first wrote it as.
Is there any recordings of this?

Of Sweetie-Pie? No, but Visconti said on his website that it had started out as a normal piano song before him and Mikey started playing around with it.

There are of Mexico though if that's the one you meant.

Of Sweetie-Pie? No, but Visconti said on his website that it had started out as a normal piano song before him and Mikey started playing around with it.

There are of Mexico though if that's the one you meant.
I meant Sweetie-Pie.. could be interesting.. bur ok thanksyouj

which morrissey song has been ruined by the producer worst?

Uh... what?

America Is Not The World. Ugh! The whole thing sounds so synthetic and has completely inappropriate, uneventful music for opening an album. Lyrically, it's quite good, but the music just bores the crap out of me.

I hear that some of the early recordings from the Southpaw Grammar sessions weren't so amped up and were better for it? Can anyone confirm this?

America Is Not The World. Ugh! The whole thing sounds so synthetic and has completely inappropriate, uneventful music for opening an album. Lyrically, it's quite good, but the music just bores the crap out of me.

I hear that some of the early recordings from the Southpaw Grammar sessions weren't so amped up and were better for it? Can anyone confirm this?

i think the production of the drumming on southpaw is outstanding and makes the album what it is

Considering how much I prefer Jack the Ripper live to the studio version, I'll have to put my tick in the little box next to that one.

I know some out there prefer the studio recording, but 'eh, not me.

"Your Gonna Need Someone On Your Side" - too much distortion that buries Moz's vocals. I'm not adverse to the meaner sound of the music, just the fact that they overwhelm Morrissey's vocals too much.

Just about every song on Kill Uncle, really. They all sounded so much better live.

"Your Gonna Need Someone On Your Side" - too much distortion that buries Moz's vocals. I'm not adverse to the meaner sound of the music, just the fact that they overwhelm Morrissey's vocals too much.

Actually this is what I like about the production of Your Arsenal. He really tends to have his vocal mixed too high too often, especially since Southpaw Grammar.

Just about every song on Kill Uncle, really. They all sounded so much better live.
QUOTE]

My thought exactly. Although I wonder how different that record would sound if someone like Street or Lillywhite had produced it.

Back
Top Bottom