Which Morrissey song Eminem should use as a sample/cover?

Kewpie

Subscriber
Inspired by earlier thread of King Leer, which song/lyrics would be suitable for Eminem?

Paint a vulgar picture.

A great Johnny Marr tune jazzed up gangsta stylee.

Em rants about record company abuse and samples Moz's chorus bit "at a record company meeting on their hands a dead star' ala dildo's chorus on Stan.

Whadya think?

that you could do also. just think it would be ACE!!

alot of fans on this forum would probably like to shoot me (a drive-by no doubt) for suggesting it, but hey i think the emster could do something really special with that toon (although it's pretty effing fantastic the way it is), particularly the subject matter-i mean isn't tupac about to release another album? it's been like a whole month since his last release.

that whole 'dead star' stuff is so prevalent in hip hop it would just be so spot on-it's like Moz is the Nostradamus of pop!

Last edited:
no it sounds like a classic.

Hmmm...that's kind of a hard call, since there aren't that many Morrissey or Smiths songs about killing your estranged wife...:p

But how about sampling "Sweet and Tender Hooligan"? Maybe putting in a loop of "he was a sweet and tender hooligan"...I can hear that. Could work with a rap beat, yo.

The very notion of that happening, even hypothetically is turning my stomach.

JIM

Hmmm...that's kind of a hard call, since there aren't that many Morrissey or Smiths songs about killing your estranged wife...:p
Girlfriend In A Coma? :p

I can imagine it...

"there were times when I could have murdered heeeer...'
"there were times when I could have strangled heeeer..."
"strangled her, strangled heeeer..."
"murder-murder-murdered heeeeer..."

:rolleyes:

But how about sampling "Sweet and Tender Hooligan"? Maybe putting in a loop of "he was a sweet and tender hooligan"...I can hear that. Could work with a rap beat, yo.
He could always sample something from "The Last of The Famous International Playboys". or "The First Of The Gang To Die' - preferably '
some other ideas:

"he killed a policeman when he was 13..."
"...it's the Bomb that will bring us together..."
"...I'd like to smash every tooth in your head..."
"...by right, you should be blugeoned in your bed..."
"...the pain was enough to make a shy, bald buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder"

And imagine what he could use if he got his hands on the early version of Barbarism Begins At Home! ("a crack on the head, I've always been such as good lad, I am a man to keep you in place, a crack in the groin you get for never asking me" etc.!!!)

he might want to do 'miserable lie' about his ex wife.

Girlfriend In A Coma? :p

I can imagine it...

"there were times when I could have murdered heeeer...'
"there were times when I could have strangled heeeer..."
"strangled her, strangled heeeer..."
"murder-murder-murdered heeeeer..."

D'OH!!!

It must have gone under my radar since it's about one's girlfriend, rather than one's wife... (OK, that's the best excuse I can come up with at the moment...)

He could always sample something from "The Last of The Famous International Playboys". or "The First Of The Gang To Die' - preferably '
some other ideas:

"he killed a policeman when he was 13..."
"...it's the Bomb that will bring us together..."
"...I'd like to smash every tooth in your head..."
"...by right, you should be blugeoned in your bed..."
"...the pain was enough to make a shy, bald buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder"

And imagine what he could use if he got his hands on the early version of Barbarism Begins At Home! ("a crack on the head, I've always been such as good lad, I am a man to keep you in place, a crack in the groin you get for never asking me" etc.!!!)

"I'd like to smash every tooth in your head" is a good one...add some crude profanity, and Marshall Mathers will have another smash (*ba-dum ching!*) hit! :D

Back
Top Bottom