Which is your favourite of the three 'new' songs on Southpaw Grammar?

Which is your favourite of the three 'new' songs?

• Total voters

Maurice E

Well, what's the verdict on the new songs? The claims that they're all better than anything on YOR are clearly ludicrous, but they're surely better than many of the original Southpaw songs.
I've only listened to them about three times so far but I'm pretty impressed with 'You Should Have Been Nice To Me'...

Last edited:
I love You Should Have Been Nice To Me. I was a little disappointed with the new mix of Honey... - the stripped down demo version I had heard before is much nicer to my ears, the new one sounds a little busy. I suppose it's just what I'm familiar with - I'll let it grow on me! :D

I love You Should Have Been Nice To Me. I was a little disappointed with the new mix of Honey... - the stripped down demo version I had heard before is much nicer to my ears, the new one sounds a little busy. I suppose it's just what I'm familiar with - I'll let it grow on me! :D

Yess, that's what I thought too. I still love 'Honey...' and I can't stop listening to all three songs, but my favourite is probably 'Fantastic Bird'. :love:

None are excellent and I don't like the re-sequence either. That being said, I like "honey" the most and it along with "nice to me" whould have made better b-sides to "boy racer" than the live b-sides. "F bird" definately sounds more Arsenal-ish than SG-ish and would have probably fit better on a YA re-release.

i received mine promptly yesterday,
(i LOVE how its a mini book :D)
and am ashamed to say i havent listened to a second of it yet, i just dont get any time anymore.. :tears: tis not fair.

I haven't heard them yet.. I need to find the record in the shop first. I don't believe in digital purchases.

you should have been nice to me is AWESOME

listening to southpaw made my day today. It is SUCH an amazing album, especially with these new songs - total summer jams!

Oh Maurice E, how we missed your polls! :p

You Should've Been Nice to Me gets my vote, but I'm always in for saddish romantic songs... :blushing: Fantastic Bird is great too, very catchy and energetic, Honey You Know Where to Find me on the contrary was a disappointment.

Oh Maurice E, how we missed your polls! :p

You Should've Been Nice to Me gets my vote, but I'm always in for saddish romantic songs... :blushing: Fantastic Bird is great too, very catchy and energetic, Honey You Know Where to Find me on the contrary was a disappointment.

Hey, err, babe. Good to see some poll-related enthusiasm!
Don’t apologise for your choice of song, though. As we all know, saddish is better than laddish (as low-key is generally preferable to blokey).
‘You Should’ve…’ is my favourite too. It’s a twinkling, slow-burning, dream-pop masterpiece! Top marks to Martin J Boorer for composing the music.

Fantastic Bird is a really GREAT pop song (and as I am still a pop fan, my vote goes to it).

If it had been released as a single on those years.......who knows :rolleyes:

I like Honey You Know Where To Find Me best. I just wish it didn't stop so abruptly.
Fantastic Bird is just a laugh.
You Should've Been Nice To Me is alright. But the music is ever so slightly let down by Moz's vocal peformance.

Back
Top Bottom