Which Do You Prefer: General Discussion or Off-Topic?

GD or OT

• General Discussion

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Off-Topic

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

virtually dead

Simply Thrilled, Honey
and tell me why.
and private votes, i think

and tell me why.
and private votes, i think

General Discussion. Off-topic is the cesspool of SoLow, along with that one particular thread in General Discussion. :D I'd even go so far as to say that any comments posted in Off-Topic shouldn't be counted toward users' total post counts. :) I didn't look at Off-Topic at all for the first few months here. But now I have to admit that I do enjoy the cesspool of Off-Topic immensely.

I haven't voted, I think it depends on how long you've been posting here and the users you've gotten to know. If you're new to the site (as I was a year ago), then a lot of Off-Topic seems a bit alien and clique-ish, especially the 'Post Whatever..' thread where you can natter and so on. It's sort of like a cyber knitting circle (no pun intended, Kate) and it can be difficult to adjust to if you've just joined the site. GD is obviously, mainly Moz-related and so everyone has something to talk about on there. I guess the choice is subjective really.

Off Topic....

General Discussion is where the information is but Off Topic is where the fun is.

Back
Top Bottom