Which Album Do You Think Is Best, Overall?

Pachinko

Book Whore
I was wondering about this one. Would your choice be, "Southpaw Grammar" or "Your Arsenal"? Thanks. :)

Of the two, YA, but his best album is ROTT.

Your Arsenal...Bona Drag or Viva Hate =)

Your Arsenal for me is #1 interchangeably with Viva Hate, depending on the day.:D

YA out of those two choices. V&I overall for me, with YA in a close second place.

I know. It's crazy to me. It's brilliant! It's in my top three albums of all time.

I think it's brilliant too. I especially like the song, "The Father Who Must Be Killed"- it gives me goosebumps. And it's so theatrical!

Even though I adore 'Your Arsenal', my heart says 'Southpaw Grammar' :)

Last edited:
I can't really explain it, but I have always really liked 'Southpaw Grammar' though it ending with one of my all time fave Morrissey songs may be part of the reason, 'Southpaw' is just such an epic song, love it.

I can't really explain it, but I have always really liked 'Southpaw Grammar' though it ending with one of my all time fave Morrissey songs may be part of the reason, 'Southpaw' is just such an epic song, love it.

I agree. I do not believe Morrissey has ever created as cohesive an album where everything is as tight and where it all fits together as he did with Southpaw. Southpaw has always been a personal favorite of mine.

With Southpaw it feels as if he created an album and not simply a collection of singles as some of the other albums feel.

I agree. I do not believe Morrissey has ever created as cohesive an album where everything is as tight and where it all fits together as he did with Southpaw. Southpaw has always been a personal favorite of mine.

With Southpaw it feels as if he created an album and not simply a collection of singles as some of the other albums feel.

Yes, and for once, its the only album I can really think of that he had no slow paced songs.There are no moans and whines about no one loving him or no one understanding him.

Sure, he is a master of such songs but its rather nice to have an album where he did not really attempt any.All the songs work well together, its somewhat like a concept album without actually being one.

What does ROTT stand for?

Getting back into Morrissey after many years (big Smiths fan) and going to see him in concert. Would you all recommend buying these "Southpaw Grammar" and "Your Arsenal" ... also.. any other recommendations?

ill go with vauxhall..while i skip songs on other albums I thinkvauxhallworks best as an album..everything came together and it comes along as a wholesome /selfcontained album..while other albums dont have that overall theme in search of a better word...anf contains some of the best songs he wrote..of course

edit oh but given your choice of your orginal q. sg or ya.: your arsenal..it has actual songs...

Last edited:
Viva Hate/Your Arsenal... :confused: hmmm cant decide, one of the two.

Hmmm...tough one. I would probably have to say 'Southpaw Grammar'. But, 'Your Arsenal' has a lot of great tracks....especially 'Seaskick, Yet Still Docked'...:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom