Where was he born?

mozza5426

Hello, i understand that morrissey was born on may 22nd, 1959, however where was he born? Iv read the severed alliance but i cant remember, was it in crumlin where his family originates or in manchester. I thought he was born in crumlin, and raised in stretford. Can someone please clarify? Thanks

Mozza5426

Yeah he was born in Davyhulme, then raised in Stretford, but his parents are from Ireland. I don't think they had been here long before he was born.

Correct.
He was born in Davyhulme (then Lancashire, now Greater Manchester) - which is not in the city of Manchester, but was in the township of Urmston.
What was strange here is that the family home was in Hulme - which is in Manchester and a mile or so away from Manchester Royal Infirmary, yet his parents chose to go 8 miles away to Park Hospital, Davyhulme (now just a stones throw from the Trafford Centre) for his birth.
After living first in Hulme and then nearby Moss Side, both of those houses / streets were bulldozed for new housing, the Morrissey's found themselves in Kings Road, Stretford, which - as pedantics and City fans will tell you - is not in Manchester, but in the borough of Trafford Council,.

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom