Where was he born?

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2007 (read-only)' started by mozza5426, Apr 26, 2007.

1. mozza5426

mozza5426 New Member

Hello, i understand that morrissey was born on may 22nd, 1959, however where was he born? Iv read the severed alliance but i cant remember, was it in crumlin where his family originates or in manchester. I thought he was born in crumlin, and raised in stretford. Can someone please clarify? Thanks

Mozza5426

2. vicarinatutugal

vicarinatutugal can't reMember

Home Page:
    http://www.myspace.com/vicarinatutugal
    He was born in Park hospital in davyhulme, The thing that got me was in the severed alliance it states that Morrissey was not registered till 2 months after his birth... thats ages!

3. English Heart

English Heart Initiate Me

Yeah he was born in Davyhulme, then raised in Stretford, but his parents are from Ireland. I don't think they had been here long before he was born.

4. Jukebox Jury

Jukebox Jury Retired

Correct.
    He was born in Davyhulme (then Lancashire, now Greater Manchester) - which is not in the city of Manchester, but was in the township of Urmston.
    What was strange here is that the family home was in Hulme - which is in Manchester and a mile or so away from Manchester Royal Infirmary, yet his parents chose to go 8 miles away to Park Hospital, Davyhulme (now just a stones throw from the Trafford Centre) for his birth.
    After living first in Hulme and then nearby Moss Side, both of those houses / streets were bulldozed for new housing, the Morrissey's found themselves in Kings Road, Stretford, which - as pedantics and City fans will tell you - is not in Manchester, but in the borough of Trafford Council,.

Jukebox Jury